The support docs on T-Mobile implies it works. I can't tell from my account's page whether it's an extra or included in the plan (Simple 500), so I tried to set it up anyway:

Phone app, swipe down from the top to get Settings, then Voicemail, Visual Voicemail, then Next does nothing.

My first thought was maybe I needed to Set Password, but setting one didn't change the situation.

Anyone have VVM working on T-Mobile with BB10? (On a Q10 in particular?)

I'm running T-Mobile Software Release 10.2.1.2156, OS 10.2.1.2228.
    03-19-14 09:59 PM
    Maybe it was because I was on wi-fi, but when I switched back on Mobile Network, I had VVM and a message waiting for me. VVM on BB10 works great!
    03-20-14 12:43 AM
    I didn't even know we had VVM! Wow. Thanks

Posted via CB10
    03-20-14 12:55 AM
    Upon initial setup it takes a little while to download old, saved voicemails.

Now that you're using it don't forget to call in and delete old voicemails. Deleting in the phone app doesn't delete on tmo.

Posted via CB10 Q10/Z10
    03-20-14 01:48 AM
    Maybe it was because I was on wi-fi, but when I switched back on Mobile Network, I had VVM and a message waiting for me. VVM on BB10 works great!
    That's consistent with Android and apparently iOS too--TMO has started requiring mobile data to be kept on for VVM, regardless of whether or not WiFi is on.
    03-20-14 01:00 PM
    When calling into normal Voice Mail, the phone seems to automatically enter the Password set in the Visual Voice Mail settings. (I had set this when trying to set up Visual Voice Mail.) Since I don't recall turning on password security on Voice Mail, i.e. require entering a password every time to check Voice Mail, the password sent by Visual Voice Mail to Voice Mail causes Voice Mail to interpret the first digit of the password as a command. Once the Visual Voice Mail Password is set, it can't be removed, just changed. (It must be a 4 digit password or the password won't be accepted.)

- It would be nice if the Visual Voice Mail Password could be disabled if desired.
    - Or perhaps, if using normal Voice Mail, the Visual Voice Mail Password isn't automatically transmitted.
    03-20-14 01:59 PM
    Upon initial setup it takes a little while to download old, saved voicemails.

Now that you're using it don't forget to call in and delete old voicemails. Deleting in the phone app doesn't delete on tmo.

Posted via CB10 Q10/Z10
    Are you sure it does not delete? I just called in and I no longer have any messages. I deleted all of mine (both new and saved) and they no longer exist.

Posted via CB10
    03-20-14 02:45 PM
    Are you sure it does not delete? I just called in and I no longer have any messages. I deleted all of mine (both new and saved) and they no longer exist.

Posted via CB10
    Maybe mine isn't working as it should?

Had a text few days ago that my voicemail box was full. Dialed in to find messages I deleted on my phone were indeed still up on tmo. I'll see what happens the next voicemail I get and report back here as confirmation of my experience. lol. Sadly some things aren't working the same for everyone and frankly they should or at least they should when it comes to important features.

Posted via CB10 Q10/Z10
    03-20-14 03:10 PM
    When calling into normal Voice Mail, the phone seems to automatically enter the Password set in the Visual Voice Mail settings. (I had set this when trying to set up Visual Voice Mail.) Since I don't recall turning on password security on Voice Mail, i.e. require entering a password every time to check Voice Mail, the password sent by Visual Voice Mail to Voice Mail causes Voice Mail to interpret the first digit of the password as a command. Once the Visual Voice Mail Password is set, it can't be removed, just changed. (It must be a 4 digit password or the password won't be accepted.)

- It would be nice if the Visual Voice Mail Password could be disabled if desired.
    - Or perhaps, if using normal Voice Mail, the Visual Voice Mail Password isn't automatically transmitted.
    I think if you disable VVM you can then get rid of the password prompt. I understand it's need as a security feature when VVM is enabled. Just look what happened in the UK..

Posted via CB10 Q10/Z10
    03-20-14 03:13 PM
    Update: my VVM is now syncing. Hooray!

Beware though.. it's been my experience it doesn't always sync.

Posted via CB10 Q10/Z10
    03-20-14 03:22 PM
    I think if you disable VVM you can then get rid of the password prompt. I understand it's need as a security feature when VVM is enabled. Just look what happened in the UK..
    I disabled VVM and then called into regular Voice Mail. The phone still sends the VVM Password as the first thing after Voice Mail answers:

1. call VM
    2. VM answers
    3. VM starts to give voice prompt
    4. "Calling" switches to "Pausing for 3 Seconds"
    5. a series of four tones are heard, most likely the VVM Password? (It never did this before. Only after I set the VVM Password, which I can no longer get rid of or disable.)
    6. VM says "<digit> is not a valid command"
    7. VM continues with the voice prompt

What happened in the U.K.?
    Last edited by cbvinh; 03-20-14 at 05:24 PM. Reason: added "Calling" switches...
    03-20-14 04:00 PM
    What happened in the U.K.?
    I think she's referring to all that VM hacking tabloids and other "journalistic outlets" did. While some straight up got hacked, a lot of them didn't have VM passwords set.
    03-20-14 04:29 PM
    I think she's referring to all that VM hacking tabloids and other "journalistic outlets" did. While some straight up got hacked, a lot of them didn't have VM passwords set.
    Ah.

-----

When I disable the VM password, the VM system tells me that the password is still needed for VVM.

I think the VM behavior needs to be fixed so that after "Calling" changes to "Pausing for 3 Seconds" on the display, it isn't immediately followed by some tones that might be the VVM password being transmitted.

So, for me, after VVM is set up with a required password:

- With VM password disabled, transmitted tones are interpreted as an invalid command. VM system continues normally afterward.
    - With VM password enabled, transmitted tones are interpreted as an invalid password. VM system prompts to enter the password.

In both cases, only the first digit of the tones gets received/interpreted.
    03-20-14 05:44 PM
    Ah.

-----

When I disable the VM password, the VM system tells me that the password is still needed for VVM.

I think the VM behavior needs to be fixed so that after "Calling" changes to "Pausing for 3 Seconds" on the display, it isn't immediately followed by some tones that might be the VVM password being transmitted.

So, for me, after VVM is set up with a required password:

- With VM password disabled, transmitted tones are interpreted as an invalid command. VM system continues normally afterward.
    - With VM password enabled, transmitted tones are interpreted as an invalid password. VM system prompts to enter the password.

In both cases, only the first digit of the tones gets received/interpreted.
    Strange, I didn't setup any password or experience this issue. Did you have a password before VVM?

Posted via CB10
    03-20-14 05:59 PM
    Strange, I didn't setup any password or experience this issue. Did you have a password before VVM?
    I didn't. In the midst of trying to set up VVM, I couldn't get past the Next button (probably because I was on wi-fi and not Mobile Network as raino suggests), so I set the VVM Password. Now, there's no way to get rid of or disable the VVM Password and it seems to get transmitted whenever I access regular VM.

Sequence of events:

- No VVM
    - Followed setup info from T-Mobile docs
    - VVM setup has Next button, which didn't do anything
    - Entered a VVM Password, thinking that might fix things
    - Still couldn't get past Next button
    - Later in the day, switched on Mobile Network
    - Noticed VVM on Phone app menu, selected and saw voice mails
    - Went back to VVM settings and it was setup, Set Password already became Change Password after setting it for the first time
    - Dialed regular VM from Phone app, heard tones right after "Pausing for 3 Seconds"

Perhaps the take-away here is to not set the VVM Password unless you normally password protect your VM.
    03-20-14 07:13 PM
    Yes, that's what I was referring to. Thanks raino!

I had a VM pw set before I enabled VVM and not having a problem. Tmo can probably reset your mailbox if you have time to call them.

Posted via CB10 Z10/Q10
    03-20-14 10:34 PM
    Yes, that's what I was referring to. Thanks raino!

I had a VM pw set before I enabled VVM and not having a problem. Tmo can probably reset your mailbox if you have time to call them.
    It's the setting of the VVM password that seems to have hosed me. I might try reseting the phone since I don't have much on it yet.

Thanks for the suggestion.
    03-20-14 11:10 PM
    I reset/wiped the phone last night. The wipe function on BB10 has a lot less options than BBOS7, i.e. no options. It wipes everything, unlike having the option to preserve data on media cards and/or apps, as with BBOS7.

After the phone was back up, I checked VM and no issues with tones being transmitted. It was functioning normally again. Interestingly, VVM was already activated and the Set Password for VVM was still Change Password. (I had expected it to reset back to Set Password after a wipe.)

If someone else is following this thread and wants VVM without setting a password, I recommend this:

1. Be on Mobile Network, not just Wi-Fi
    2. Turn on VVM via Phone app->swipe down to see Settings->Visual Voicemail
    3. Don't Set Password
    4. Active Visual Voicemail
    5. Next
    6. Done
    zclash likes this.
    03-21-14 01:34 PM
    cbvinh, when you had your mobile data on this time, did you also have WiFi on (i.e. network data on but phone's actually on WiFi for data,) or did you turn WiFi off?
    03-21-14 01:49 PM
    cbvinh, when you had your mobile data on this time, did you also have WiFi on (i.e. network data on but phone's actually on WiFi for data,) or did you turn WiFi off?
    I believe I only had mobile data on because I didn't think having wi-fi on would help.
    03-21-14 04:30 PM
    This Thread!!!
    I've been having this problem with no VVM since December and only now have I found how to fix it
    lol I had just given up on trying to figure it out
    Thank you!!!
    05-05-14 03:50 PM