Verizon wants to give you up to $150 credit for activating a new BlackBerry | CrackBerry.com

You see Mr. Legere, this is how you run a classy promotion without throwing business partners under the bus.

(cc: Mike Sievert)
    08-13-14 07:41 PM
    LOL yep I just got off the phone with T-mobile and they said hey I see you have a blackberry. We're running a promotion right now if you buy a samsung phone we'll give you a $200 visa card or $100 if you go with some other phone lol!

Goodness they just won't stop trying to push something else on us.
    Iblamesummers likes this.
    08-13-14 07:52 PM
    supposedly the Verizon promo is for business accts only.
    08-13-14 07:54 PM
    supposedly the Verizon promo is for business accts only.
    Yeah...that's what it sounds like from the comments. But I wonder if you get the right rep (read: retention) on the phone, will he/she not be able to extend this promotion to a non-business customer willing to give them more business by activating another line? TMO retention reps can do almost anything.
    08-13-14 08:05 PM
    Tmo phone reps have been helpful but I've never gotten anything that wouldn't be available thru the website. Are you saying people should threaten to cancel to get plans not available otherwise?
    08-13-14 08:53 PM
    Tmo phone reps have been helpful but I've never gotten anything that wouldn't be available thru the website. Are you saying people should threaten to cancel to get plans not available otherwise?
    That's what retention departments are for--to retain you as a customer. Now whether you're serious about leaving when you call is up to you, but I've never called them to "get plans not available otherwise," just to see whether I qualify for super secret promotions (like a 5GB data plan that's essentially $5/mo.) And in the same vein, if anyone at Verizon could possibly make the $150 off happen for non-business customers, it would be retentions. If they say no, they say no and you move on.
    08-13-14 09:04 PM
    T-Mobile is on a roll and they will do whatever it takes to gain customers and they are doing a great job.

Posted via CB10
    08-17-14 08:59 PM
    Since buying my Z10 when they first became avail on T-Mo, I've been on the phone several times for support and never had anyone try to sell me something else. Ironically, because T-Mo and BBerry used to be so tight, they sometimes refer to upper level tech as "BBerry & Smartphone" support. Twice the tech (girl and guy) I got on the phone were Q owners.
    08-18-14 07:28 AM