Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
09-29-14 09:50 AM
120 ... 2345
tools
    What the other carriers do is irrelevant. But in regard to T-Mobile, if the head guy runs anti-BlackBerry promotions, what makes everyone think that the stores will have a pro-BlackBerry mentality?
    In fairness, Legere only ran one promotion that offended BlackBerry users. Soon after we all told him how offensive it was, he apologized and made amends by offering a BlackBerry promotion that many BlackBerry fans took advantage of, though it wasn't perfect. He's now reaffirmed that he wants customers who use both BlackBerry and T-Mobile to have what they want. That's a pretty pro-BlackBerry mentality in my view.

But here's the real problem. What would we, as BlackBerry customers, really want to see T-Mobile deliver, and where will the money for these deliverables come from? Do we have a device that will sell in enough volume and profit to justify T-Mo's providing advertising and shelf space, or are we asking T-Mobile to just give us that money, knowing they won't see a return on investment? Or do we want T-Mo to just put BlackBerry back into the T-Mobile device catalog, so that customers can use the easy payment plans? And what do we expect BlackBerry to provide?

Z-30 / STA100-5 / 10.3.0.1154 / T-Mobile USA
    p1800nut and cbvinh like this.
    09-22-14 11:24 PM
    In fairness, Legere only ran one promotion that offended BlackBerry users. Soon after we all told him how offensive it was, he apologized and made amends by offering a BlackBerry promotion that many BlackBerry fans took advantage of, though it wasn't perfect. He's now reaffirmed that he wants customers who use both BlackBerry and T-Mobile to have what they want. That's a pretty pro-BlackBerry mentality in my view.

But here's the real problem. What would we, as BlackBerry customers, really want to see T-Mobile deliver, and where will the money for these deliverables come from? Do we have a device that will sell in enough volume and profit to justify T-Mo's providing advertising and shelf space, or are we asking T-Mobile to just give us that money, knowing they won't see a return on investment? Or do we want T-Mo to just put BlackBerry back into the T-Mobile device catalog, so that customers can use the easy payment plans? And what do we expect BlackBerry to provide?
    I'd just like availability. Shipping is so fast these days, I can wait a day or two for a device. At the very least, I'd be happy with support for all the services the other devices will have, even if I had to buy the BlackBerry device elsewhere. I do more research online than handling a device before purchase.
    eyesopen1111 and gariac like this.
    09-23-14 04:07 AM
    I would like tmo to at least offer BlackBerry. At least the classic, passport, and z10 successor

Posted via CB10
    eyesopen1111 likes this.
    09-23-14 09:26 AM
    For all the bashing Legere did on social media three thing some to mind.
    One is that he maybe learned his lesson
    And two is that he needs a bigger portfolio than android and ios because even in the realm of WP devices they are SORELY LACKING.
    Thirdly it does make you wonder how many BlackBerry users are actually with tmobile...I mean it would suck to lose any number of subscribers because you have nothing new on their platform of choice.

"I love when people boast about their phones...like its a pissing contest"
    bobbrown likes this.
    09-23-14 10:32 AM
    And two is that he needs a bigger portfolio than android and ios because even in the realm of WP devices they are SORELY LACKING.
    While there are several Windows Phones in T-Mobile stores, it's true that the selection isn't complete--especially at the WP high-end. I would say that the financial side of the deal is the reason. Windows Phones are not selling well at all, even after MS's investing billions of dollars to promote them. http://techcrunch.com/2014/07/03/win...-isnt-growing/

At about 3 percent of the market, it doesn't seem like enough people want Windows Phone to make it worth T-Mo's while to invest more if its limited shelf space to try to sell them. They just don't sell very fast or for very much.

To make matters worse, WP also as high returns (disappointed customers bringing the phone back) due to lower relative customer satisfaction. Well, carriers hate returns. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Microsoft pays T-Mobile for the shelf space.

alternator77 likes this.
    09-23-14 12:16 PM

Not only was the second promotion not perfect, it was also very challenging for customers to actually buy BlackBerry phones, since there were no devices in the stores, the sales crew told people that BlackBerry was going out of business, and the website showed the Z10 as out of stock and only offered refurb Q10s. This was a very slanted promo against BlackBerry.

Then, the kicker was that Legere sent out press releases with figures of the number of BlackBerry users that changed to other platforms.

Try to not minimize the extent of how "not perfect" that promo was.
    raino and alternator77 like this.
    09-23-14 02:30 PM
    Part of me hopes they support the Z30 officially as their mainstream BlackBerry device for consumers and the Passport for the business crowd/customers. Anyone agree?
    eyesopen1111 likes this.
    09-23-14 02:57 PM
    Part of me hopes they support the Z30 officially as their mainstream BlackBerry device for consumers and the Passport for the business crowd/customers. Anyone agree?
    Why would anyone here agree with that?
    09-23-14 04:53 PM
    Not only was the second promotion not perfect, it was also very challenging for customers to actually buy BlackBerry phones, since there were no devices in the stores, the sales crew told people that BlackBerry was going out of business, and the website showed the Z10 as out of stock and only offered refurb Q10s. This was a very slanted promo against BlackBerry.

Then, the kicker was that Legere sent out press releases with figures of the number of BlackBerry users that changed to other platforms.

Try to not minimize the extent of how "not perfect" that promo was.
    Different people had very different experiences with respect to the "make amends" BlackBerry promotion and the in-store support they received. Some were able to take advantage and save money, while others had f*ed up T-Mobile workers who didn't understand the facts. I completely get that. It wasn't a complete success for everyone, but it wasn't a complete failure either. That's all I was getting at.

Take a look at post #68, and you can see that people also have experience with other T-Mo stores with helpful people. You had a bunch of ignorant or even lying T-Mo people. That was absolutely wrong and shouldn't happen anywhere in business.

My experience? Some stores had Q10's and Z10's on display, others didn't. We have a bunch of T-Mo stores here in Houston and they all had different BlackBerry setups.

09-23-14 05:04 PM
    Different people had very different experiences with respect to the "make amends" BlackBerry promotion and the in-store support they received. Some were able to take advantage and save money, while others had f*ed up T-Mobile workers who didn't understand the facts. I completely get that. It wasn't a complete success for everyone, but it wasn't a complete failure either. That's all I was getting at.

Take a look at post #68, and you can see that people also have experience with other T-Mo stores with helpful people. You had a bunch of ignorant or even lying T-Mo people. That was absolutely wrong and shouldn't happen anywhere in business.

My experience? Some stores had Q10's and Z10's on display, others didn't. We have a bunch of T-Mo stores here in Houston and they all had different BlackBerry setups.

T-Mobile, as a business entity, should not be having their corporate stores have such wildly varying sales attitudes to BlackBerry, their corporate business partner.
    09-23-14 06:14 PM
    Why would anyone here agree with that?
    Word. The first part I got no problem with, but why restrict the Passport to business customers only?

I also have no problem with them bringing the Z10 and Q10 as lower tiered/priced phones, until I guess the Z3 LTE replaces the Z10.
    bobbrown likes this.
    09-23-14 07:14 PM
    T-Mobile, as a business entity, should not be having their corporate stores have such wildly varying sales attitudes to BlackBerry, their corporate business partner.
    So you're saying they need a consistent attitude, like the other carriers that "carry" BlackBerry but have their sales reps dissuade users from BlackBerry? To single T-Mobile out as a poor partner is to scape goat them for the other carriers.
    09-24-14 05:10 AM
    Like many others, I have been with T-Mobile for many years. Great plans, early adopter of GSM that worked in Europe, and wifi calling etc.
    But this whole Blackberry mess is making me want to switch carriers. I sure hope they can work it out, before I end up giving ATT a try with the passport as a second device..
    Last edited by 2gunnar; 09-25-14 at 12:00 PM.
    09-25-14 09:14 AM
    Like many others, I have been with T-Mobile for many years. Great plans, early adopter of GSM that worked in Europe, and wifi calling etc.
    But this whole Blackberry mess is making me want to switch carriers. I sure hope they can work it out, before I end up giving ATT a try with the passport as a second device..
    I agree that this is frustrating. But John Chen chose not to license T-Mobile to sell BlackBerry products. The only person in the world who can change that decision is John Chen. Legere has reached out publicly that he'd like to see BlackBerry and T-Mobile work together to satisfy customers who are with both companies. I haven't heard anything from John Chen on reconciliation.

I totally think you should do what's right for you. You know your situation best, but if you do the math, isn't it cheaper for you to stay with T-Mo and just buy the Passport unlocked from BlackBerry or Amazon?

By my math, if AT&T's 2 year contract plan costs $15 or more per month than your T-Mo plan, you're losing money even if you get the Passport for the $250 subsidized price. Sure, you'd initially save $349 on phone costs ($599 - $250) , which divided over the 24 months of an AT&T contract would be $14.50 per month. But AT&T plans usually cost much more than $14.50 more per month to buy the benefits you'd get by sticking with T-Mobile.

09-25-14 01:35 PM
    I agree that this is frustrating. But John Chen chose not to license T-Mobile to sell BlackBerry products. The only person in the world who can change that decision is John Chen. Legere has reached out publicly that he'd like to see BlackBerry and T-Mobile work together to satisfy customers who are with both companies. I haven't heard anything from John Chen on reconciliation.

Exactly!

I get so tired of the demonization of Tmobile when the only person responsible for the fact that I can't get a BlackBerry through my choice of carriers is Mr Chen.

Posted via CB10
    09-25-14 02:27 PM
    I have a anonymous fb account. Other than that I'm like you. Don't see the need.

Posted via CB10
    09-25-14 02:37 PM
    Exactly!

I get so tired of the demonization of Tmobile when the only person responsible for the fact that I can't get a BlackBerry through my choice of carriers is Mr Chen.

Posted via CB10
    Interesting point.

I'll be watching the Classic launch closely. I don't have patience to wait months and months, but if the early adopters post encouraging success with Tmobile I'll be fine. What will drive me nuts is if we have to pay retail and lose out on some Classic features, like HD Voice or is there's VoLTE for example. I don't expect WiFi calling if there's no agreement, however.

A dream for me would be an agreement, and then that the Classic can do Wifi calling, VoLTE, and HD Voice (if that's a sep feature from VoLTE).

If there's no agreement and there doesn't seem to be a chance of one, I'll hover back an Android for a while and just send Chen a note so he knows I would have purchased one. (I know it won't change anything, but as a consumer all we can do is tell the parties of lost sales and post about it on twitter.)
    09-25-14 03:04 PM
    Legere won't make a penny off me for any new phones on my 4 lines. I should post that to his Twitter.

Posted via CB10
    09-25-14 03:31 PM
    Legere won't make a penny off me for any new phones on my 4 lines. I should post that to his Twitter.

Posted via CB10
    I like your attitude, but we are talking razors and blades. The phone is the razor and the cellular service is the blade supply. So you bring your razor, and Legere sells you the blades. But the money is in the blades.

Posted via CB10
    09-25-14 11:36 PM
    I like your attitude, but we are talking razors and blades. The phone is the razor and the cellular service is the blade supply. So you bring your razor, and Legere sells you the blades. But the money is in the blades.

Posted via CB10
    Every phone that I don't buy from T-Mobile still represents money lost, maybe not a huge amount, but it still is a sale that went elsewhere.

Posted via CB10
    Drew Oswalt likes this.
    09-25-14 11:49 PM

Posted via CB10
    Wow, T-Mo has really let you down. Apart from the iPhone promotion sent to BlackBerry customers, what else has T-Mobile done to irritate you?

09-26-14 12:59 AM
    Every phone that I don't buy from T-Mobile still represents money lost, maybe not a huge amount, but it still is a sale that went elsewhere.

Posted via CB10
    I tend to have the long view on this. Been with them for 10 years with very good service (I live in So Cali too) with WFC taking up the slack. My son is on at&t and TMO is a better deal and I find their techs generally have a brain. Whether Legere is here in 6 months...? The general, everyday worker at TMO has been great. I'm not on a campaign to take away from their pocket books.
    09-26-14 07:36 AM
    The general, everyday worker at TMO has been great. I'm not on a campaign to take away from their pocket books.
    Too bad Legere doesn't share the same sentiment. Layoffs in TMO and Metro, employee performance bonuses canceled/delayed, etc. But hey...he did quite nicely for himself in 2013, earning more than the AT&T and Verizon CEOs.
    09-26-14 10:18 AM
    Too bad Legere doesn't share the same sentiment. Layoffs in TMO and Metro, employee performance bonuses canceled/delayed, etc. But hey...he did quite nicely for himself in 2013, earning more than the AT&T and Verizon CEOs.
    Legere was probably hired to dress TMO up and sell it (Deutsche Telecom has been contemplating this for years) - so he'll do anything to increase the subscriber base - same strategy that AOL used in their early days - the razor/blade theory. Once a prospective buyer offers enough, my guess he'll vanish faster than a speeding bullet.
    raino and bobbrown like this.
    09-26-14 11:11 AM
    I have missed my BB since leaving ( I know I k now reming is coming) But the Passport has made me absolutely ready to jump ship from Android back. HOWEVER With out wifi calling from t-mobile its useless for me I have no signal at my home so I would have no phone. I want to use my jump upgrade for the passport, But if t-mobile wont support and BBM doesn't offer the wifi calling natively then I'm in a tight spot! I started my BB love affaire with T-mobile left them and BB and now I'm back and I want BB options with t-mobile support!

With the report that ATT will have the exclusive I'm out period. I will NOT be on that network. As well as why on BB side would they in the age of very very few exclusive markets would they do this!?
    09-26-14 11:42 AM
120 ... 2345