T-mobile is buying customers. You can look really prosperous is you write a lot of bad checks. But eventually reality catches up with you.

If T-mobile service was free, Legere would really be killing. ;-)

Posted via CB10
    Exactly. Thank you for saving me the time of writing that out. I know quite a few people on TMO. As far as I can tell, and from what I hear, they still suck, haha
    09-18-14 06:47 PM

To be fair, lots of companies tan in the red for years before being profitable. But I believe you have to be profitable once in a while to stay on the exchange. CNN lost money for a decade when it was started.

Posted via CB10
    Yup... it takes risk to reap rewards. I tire hearing folks bash Tmo for not being immediately profitable with a game plan that's looking more long term.

Tmo's long term goals are sure more admirable than the defeatist ones who purposely choose not even to compete in those markets necessary for any long term success.

Posted via CB10
    09-18-14 07:38 PM
    Look beyond Q4 2013 In Q1 2014, they had a loss of $151 million. I don't remember what the number of shares outstanding was, but a $0.42/share loss last quarter would have been even worse than $151 million. So yes, while the top three are gaining customers, the one that is gaining the most is losing a lot of money as well--because they have to run ETF gimmicks, keep dropping their ARPU, etc. to gain these customers. They sure aren't coming for the strength of their network. And Uncarrier has been going on for >1 year. Where are the profits from it? AT&T and Verizon are gaining customers too, but posting good profits at the same time.
    Are you actually proud of all the money the AT&T/Verizon duopoly has raped from their victims/clients? Are you kidding me? That's your money! They have such big profits because the service contracts they sucker you into cost them peanuts compared to the high prices you pay!

And you're proud of their profits? Wow! Then pay them even more and win even bigger! And if you ever want to do business in anything please contact me--I'd love to play the part of your carrier and have you cheer the fact that I just profited greatly from the transaction.

T-Mobile's plan is working very well and its stock is very stable because the equity side knows the strategy and is not concerned at all. As a customer, I get the fastest LTE network at a substantial discount over duopoly prices, plus all the other T-Mo goodies--especially the award-winning customer service and awesome wideband download speeds.

Why pay more for less? The only reason to go duopoly is if you live or travel too far away from civilization to get good T-Mo signal, in which case you have to pay their trollish fees. But please don't forget that their profits are proof that they're screwing you over. Those profits are proof that you are their victim, not their "partner."

Z-30 / STA100-5 / 10.3.0.1154 / T-Mobile USA
    09-19-14 12:54 AM
    Shot in the dark... But this guy ^^^^ works for TMO
    09-19-14 02:48 AM
    ^^^^^

Maybe, but I don't... yet surely agree.
    09-19-14 02:51 AM
    Why? Because he has an opinion on the Internet?

You must work for AT&T since you disagree.

(see how dumb that sounds?)

[CB10 / Q10]
    09-19-14 09:09 AM
    LOL! No, guys, I don't work for T-Mobile. :-D

In a bizarre twist, my Dad was an AT&T exec before he retired. He worked in telecommunications his entire career, so I sort of grew up around it.

09-19-14 10:22 AM
    LOL! No, guys, I don't work for T-Mobile. :-D

In a bizarre twist, my Dad was an AT&T exec before he retired. He worked in telecommunications his entire career, so I sort of grew up around it.

I knew it! Hahah
    09-19-14 11:01 AM
    I knew it! Hahah
    You knew what?

That you were wrong?

Posted via CB10
    09-19-14 11:09 AM
    Are you actually proud of all the money the AT&T/Verizon duopoly has raped from their victims/clients? Are you kidding me? That's your money! They have such big profits because the service contracts they sucker you into cost them peanuts compared to the high prices you pay!

And you're proud of their profits? Wow! Then pay them even more and win even bigger! And if you ever want to do business in anything please contact me--I'd love to play the part of your carrier and have you cheer the fact that I just profited greatly from the transaction.

T-Mobile's plan is working very well and its stock is very stable because the equity side knows the strategy and is not concerned at all. As a customer, I get the fastest LTE network at a substantial discount over duopoly prices, plus all the other T-Mo goodies--especially the award-winning customer service and awesome wideband download speeds.

Why pay more for less? The only reason to go duopoly is if you live or travel too far away from civilization to get good T-Mo signal, in which case you have to pay their trollish fees. But please don't forget that their profits are proof that they're screwing you over. Those profits are proof that you are their victim, not their "partner."
    No, I'm not "proud" of anything. But I'm not looking at them as a puppy lovestruck customer either. Posting losses is the norm rather than an exception, their parent company wants nothing to do with them, constantly looking for buyers (what...they don't buy into the "long term strategy?") the industry is cutthroat, and the competitors are not sitting idly by, in terms of pricing.

And here's the thing most people fail to see: TMO would love to be in AT&T or Verizon's shoes. Do you really think if their customer base swells up to Blue/Red's size or their networks become just as good that they're going to keep these true unlimited plans, and more importantly, keep their prices the same? Why do you think they are no-contract?
    clickitykeys likes this.
    09-19-14 11:55 AM
    No, I'm not "proud" of anything. But I'm not looking at them as a puppy lovestruck customer either. Posting losses is the norm rather than an exception, their parent company wants nothing to do with them, constantly looking for buyers (what...they don't buy into the "long term strategy?") the industry is cutthroat, and the competitors are not sitting idly by, in terms of pricing.

And here's the thing most people fail to see: TMO would love to be in AT&T or Verizon's shoes. Do you really think if their customer base swells up to Blue/Red's size or their networks become just as good that they're going to keep these true unlimited plans, and more importantly, keep their prices the same? Why do you think they are no-contract?
    Hahaha you're kidding, right? You honestly cannot understand T-Mobile's strategy of capturing Verizon's customers at a 2 to 1 ratio? Or capturing Sprint's customers at a 4 to 1 ratio? Or capturing customers industry wide at a 2 to 1 ratio? You don't get why that's good business strategy?

And you honestly don't get that a company like T-Mo might have to spend money to service all of these new customers on the nation's fastest 4G LTE network? And that those expenses may produce losses as the strategy develops? That's all Greek to you?

And you can't help but to think those down quarters are a sign that something is going wrong, but you don't see T-Mo's successful customer acquisition, steady stock valuation, its fastest network data speeds, and the customer service praise as proof that the strategy is working?

And you honestly don't understand why the Bloomberg article I linked and the corporate analysts quoted in the article explained clearly that T-Mobile is achieving massive success in executing its strategy?

And you can't explain why AT&T spent billions in a failed effort to acquire T-Mobile? Does AT&T not understand value in telecom, you'd ask? This all confuses you because in your view T-Mo is a valueless company that no one wants to buy, right?

Look, I agree that many a money-grubbing capitalist would love to be a duopolist like AT&T and Verizon, because it means you can force or sucker your victims/clients into lopsided contracts that fill corporate coffers with middle class wages. Duopoly = super profits. But should those victims/clients be happy about that?

T-Mobile is setting up a fair deal, not duopoly-style super profits. That's the difference. That's why the customers of the duopoly who can and who are waking up are heading to T-Mobile in droves. But even people stuck in the duopoly are saving money because of T-Mo, since Magenta is holding down duopoly prices and forcing the duopoly to match some of the other promotional offers. Or does that confuse you, too? :-p

09-19-14 01:36 PM
    Hahaha you're kidding, right? You honestly cannot understand T-Mobile's strategy of capturing Verizon's customers at a 2 to 1 ratio? Or capturing Sprint's customers at a 4 to 1 ratio? Or capturing customers industry wide at a 2 to 1 ratio? You don't get why that's good business strategy?

And you honestly don't get that a company like T-Mo might have to spend money to service all of these new customers on the nation's fastest 4G LTE network? And that those expenses may produce losses as the strategy develops? That's all Greek to you?

And you can't help but to think those down quarters are a sign that something is going wrong, but you don't see T-Mo's successful customer acquisition, steady stock valuation, its fastest network data speeds, and the customer service praise as proof that the strategy is working?

And you honestly don't understand why the Bloomberg article I linked and the corporate analysts quoted in the article explained clearly that T-Mobile is achieving massive success in executing its strategy?

And you can't explain why AT&T spent billions in a failed effort to acquire T-Mobile? Does AT&T not understand value in telecom, you'd ask? This all confuses you because in your view T-Mo is a valueless company that no one wants to buy, right?

Look, I agree that many a money-grubbing capitalist would love to be a duopolist like AT&T and Verizon, because it means you can force or sucker your victims/clients into lopsided contracts that fill corporate coffers with middle class wages. Duopoly = super profits. But should those victims/clients be happy about that?

T-Mobile is setting up a fair deal, not duopoly-style super profits. That's the difference. That's why the customers of the duopoly who can and who are waking up are heading to T-Mobile in droves. But even people stuck in the duopoly are saving money because of T-Mo, since Magenta is holding down duopoly prices and forcing the duopoly to match some of the other promotional offers. Or does that confuse you, too? :-p

09-19-14 04:26 PM
    My head is spinning now...thanks...lol
    09-19-14 04:27 PM
    No, I'm not "proud" of anything. But I'm not looking at them as a puppy lovestruck customer either. Posting losses is the norm rather than an exception, ...
    This, pretty much.
    09-19-14 05:43 PM
    Oh, I understand that more customers=more downstream earnings. But Uncarrier has been in place for >1 year now. Where are the profits from it? AT&T and Verizon gained customers too, and they have consistently posted profits.

Nope. If you read my second to last post in this thread, I have a pretty clear understanding that they have to spend money to get customers--they have to differentiate themselves from AT&T and Verizon somehow, and coverage isn't going to be it, at least for a while. And from Sprint's example, just true unlimited isn't either. But how long can they sustain paying off ETFs, refarming networks, fighting the other three, bidding on new spectrum, oh..and taking losses?

All these things are great, but are they making TMO money? Customer acquisition hasn't yet (i.e. on the one year mark,) fast network data speeds and customer service are looking at things from a customer's perspective, which I'm trying not to do. Stock valuation I'll give you has been pretty steady, except around the Sprint announcements. But the market could be in a holding pattern, knowing that an acquisition is the most likely outcome.

Did it point out the money they've made executing their strategy? I must have missed it.

Customer base and spectrum holdings. I never said they're valueless, btw. Your words.

Again, looking at things from a customer's perspective

T-Mobile is setting up a fair deal, not duopoly-style super profits. That's the difference. That's why the customers of the duopoly who can and who are waking up are heading to T-Mobile in droves.
    See the part above about needing to somehow stand out. I asked this before and I'll ask again: do you really believe if TMO somehow manages to get to AT&T/Verizon-like levels, they'll still follow the same policies and not chase the duopoly-style super profits? Are they in it to just eke out miniscule profits (which, except for last quarter, they haven't done in a while anyway?)

But even people stuck in the duopoly are saving money because of T-Mo, since Magenta is holding down duopoly prices and forcing the duopoly to match some of the other promotional offers. Or does that confuse you, too? :-p
    Nope. Simple as daylight. Those people are benefiting too, sure. But the Big 2 have to keep pace with TMO's pricing--and they will still pick up customers and turn out profits quarter after quarter. In a war of attrition, TMO simply cannot win, especially with the nationwide spectrum it has. The end customer doesn't care about "who came up with it first," they care about coverage, money, and coverage for the money. And again, all that the Big 2 have to do is not be excessively expensive. If they are a little expensive, like $5-10/month, maybe $15 with Verizon, their customers get superior nationwide networks for it, and maybe other perks like a better selection of devices (exclusives.)
    kbz1960 likes this.
    09-19-14 09:28 PM
    Putting in 2 cents on this. I don't care who calls who as long as BB's get supported back on Tmobile, inclusive of the z10, q10, and what would be great are the z30's and of course Passports

The way that I see it, it would be a really great match up. Alot of what tmobile is putting out there fits well with Business people. The international roaming (good only for BBM and email) the texting on the plane, and the wifi calling (when in other countries), that is all the stuff that Business Executives need.

So, let's get Chen to get back in there and load all the imei's of compatible bb's back into their darn system.

Posted via CB10
    hawklet00 and leojzueg like this.
    09-21-14 02:50 PM
    For those of you who think T-Mobile really wants BlackBerry back, picture yourself in your local T-Mobile store right now. Do you honestly believe that they would stop recommending iPhones and Androids and suddenly start eagerly recommending the Passport? Call me a negative thinker, but I really don't see that happening.
    09-21-14 09:27 PM
    For those of you who think T-Mobile really wants BlackBerry back, picture yourself in your local T-Mobile store right now. Do you honestly believe that they would stop recommending iPhones and Androids and suddenly start eagerly recommending the Passport? Call me a negative thinker, but I really don't see that happening.
    Mine, in Thousand Oaks, CA, would. Or, put another way, they'd first ask what you were looking for. It would be a conversation, not a steering exercise. That's how they've been in the past, anyway.
    09-21-14 09:36 PM
    If t-mobile really wants to be the un carrier, and be super customer focused, unlike the bother carriers,and really love up to the "bring your own device" - then yes, I hope they would want BlackBerry users.

But, their statement of all new devices that they sell going forward would be supported makes me believe they are trying to get back to making a buck on devices.

Then again, maybe it is just because they have to support the wfc on the devices. It obviously takes resources to try and make it work on older devices.

I just hope that BlackBerry carries forward the compatibility in 10.3 when it gets officially released. It obviously can, since it worked in 10.3.0.296

Posted via CB10
    09-22-14 05:56 AM
    Ok, so if Chen is always quoted as saying the consumer market focus is going on the back burner, why would they give TMO back their license to sell to us average consumers?

BB's main focus is Enterprise, right?

Why would they continue to make phones for us if that's the case?

Posted via CB10
    09-22-14 08:11 AM
    Ok, so if Chen is always quoted as saying the consumer market focus is going on the back burner, why would they give TMO back their license to sell to us average consumers?

BB's main focus is Enterprise, right?

Why would they continue to make phones for us if that's the case?
    The phones would be for Enterprise and T-Mobile's license would be to service BlackBerry Enterprise users on T-Mobile.
    09-22-14 08:47 AM
    The phones would be for Enterprise and T-Mobile's license would be to service BlackBerry Enterprise users on T-Mobile.
    T-Mobile is making all T-Mobile branded phones compatible with their latest wifi calling upgrades as well as other programs. If Chen and Legere strike a deal, then I imagine T-Mo wifi support would be there for both enterprise and consumer side devices, like it was for the Z10 and Q10.

On the T-Mo subreddit, some people have been posting download speeds that they are getting on T-Mobile's network. Here's a post from a Dallas user; I'd love to see a BlackBerry Passport posting speeds like this:

T-Mobile wants BlackBerry back!-iphone-6-tmo-texas.jpeg

09-22-14 09:49 AM
    T-Mobile is making all T-Mobile branded phones compatible with their latest wifi calling upgrades as well as other programs. If Chen and Legere strike a deal, then I imagine T-Mo wifi support would be there for both enterprise and consumer side devices, like it was for the Z10 and Q10.

On the T-Mo subreddit, some people have been posting download speeds that they are getting on T-Mobile's network. Here's a post from a Dallas user; I'd love to see a BlackBerry Passport posting speeds like this:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	iPhone 6 tmo texas.jpeg 
Views:	734 
Size:	49.2 KB 
ID:	299598

That's amazing! Download is faster than my hardline!
    eyesopen1111 likes this.
    09-22-14 04:48 PM
    Have the other carrier reps been different?

The point here is getting T-Mobile back as an option for customers who use BlackBerry's.
    eyesopen1111 likes this.
    09-22-14 04:58 PM
    Have the other carrier reps been different?

The point here is getting T-Mobile back as an option for customers who use BlackBerry's.
    What the other carriers do is irrelevant. But in regard to T-Mobile, if the head guy runs anti-BlackBerry promotions, what makes everyone think that the stores will have a pro-BlackBerry mentality?
    09-22-14 07:56 PM
120 12345