09-29-14 09:50 AM
120 1234 ...
tools
    i really hope that they start carrying blackberries again...i dont blame chen for pulling the contract with all the crap tmo was pulling. i really dont care for the passport, but would love to get whatever the successor to the z10 will be.
    09-15-14 01:11 PM
    I would like to invite everyone to harasse BlackBerry on twitter for Chen to call Legere. I'm Dreaming of a BB Passport with T mobile branding heck I'd even get a Magenta one if they offered it. #BlackBerry4All

Posted via CB10
    09-17-14 05:43 AM
    I would like to invite everyone to harasse BlackBerry on twitter for Chen to call Legere. I'm Dreaming of a BB Passport with T mobile branding heck I'd even get a Magenta one if they offered it. #BlackBerry4All

Posted via CB10
    No. Legere should be the one to call Chen. He needs to be told that his customers want the Passport.
    09-17-14 08:26 AM

Posted via CB10
    I agree. It seems right that since T-Mo's Legere stepped up and made the first move at rebuilding the relationship by publicly admitting he wanted BlackBerry back, it's now Chen's turn to step up and take him up on the offer!

T-Mo is growing so fast (last month was its biggest month ever of subscriber growth, without BlackBerry, and it'll be third largest carrier by year's end), T-Mo's fastest network claims are unchallenged, and it is winning awards for customer service, too.

If Chen licenses T-Mobile to sell BlackBerry again, it'd potentially be great for Blackberry's distribution and support.

Z-30 / STA100-5 / 10.3.0.1154 / T-Mobile USA
    leojzueg likes this.
    09-17-14 09:34 AM
    No. Legere should be the one to call Chen. He needs to be told that his customers want the Passport.
    Chen needs Legere a lot more than Legere needs Chen.

Posted via CB10
    Bsbudd likes this.
    09-17-14 06:07 PM
    Why dont we all tweet Legere....ill start
    09-17-14 07:05 PM
    Damn someone beat me to it
    09-17-14 07:08 PM
    Can't Legere delete any tweets he doesn't like?
    09-17-14 07:42 PM
    I tweet him constantly and any BlackBerry tweets I get I'm @leojzueg. The more the merrier there is strength in #s

Posted via CB10
    09-17-14 08:51 PM
    Remember, according to Legere, you can find Chen on MySpace if you want to put some pressure on him also.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3253 CB10
    mkelley65 likes this.
    09-17-14 11:29 PM
    Does John Chen really not have a Twitter account? What year is it?

Legere has done his part; it's Chen who needs to step up!

09-17-14 11:47 PM

I don't have a Twitter account or a Facebook account. Never had a MySpace account either.

Posted via CB10
    mkelley65 and medic22003 like this.
    09-17-14 11:49 PM
    I don't have a Twitter account or a Facebook account. Never had a MySpace account either.

Posted via CB10
    CEO's generally set up Twitter accounts so that customers and prospects can reach them with concerns. It's not necessarily their personal account, but it's a lot cooler than #BlackBerry or whatever. Someone should clue JC in.

Bottom line, this is too good an opportunity for JC to pass up. Trouble is, what BlackBerry devices merit shelf space in terms of sales forecasts? But even if BlackBerry is only in the catalog, I can use my Jump Program to get the Z50 or whatever and that would be awesome.

09-18-14 12:51 AM
    Ralph de la Vega and Dan Mead don't have Twitter accounts either. A certain loudmouth, braggadocian peer of theirs could perhaps benefit from their examples.
    09-18-14 01:00 AM

Posted via CB10
    Apparently not, haha
    pvphooman and Furell like this.
    09-18-14 01:01 AM

Posted via CB10
    John? John Chen??
    Hi there :-P

BlackBerry*Q10, T-Mobile Germany - SQN100-3, Running OS 10.2.1.2941
    09-18-14 02:33 AM
    Apparently not, haha
    What do you mean? T-Mobile's fortunes have improved since parting with BlackBerry. Legere just wanted to do what's right for customers of both T-Mo and BlackBerry. I don't hear John Chen talking about customer well-being of T-Mo/BlackBerry customers, he been busy being offended and injuring carrier relationships.

So who needs whom more?

Well, John Legere is absolutely killing it at T-Mobile, without BlackBerry. T-Mo had its best month ever last month, is producing a 4 to 1 conversion rate against Sprint customers, a 2 to 1 conversion rate against Verizon customers, a 2 to 1 conversion rate overall, T-Mo's claims of having the fastest LTE are unchallenged, and T-Mo is winning customer service awards as well.

BlackBerry, on the other hand, is NOT killing it. It has lost 60 percent of its workforce. Its phones sell so poorly most US carrier stores don't even carry them because they're a waste of shelf space. Verizon, the exclusive US carrier for the Z30 totally failed BlackBerry in my experience; there are threads about Verizon's legendarily poor BlackBerry support on this forum. AT&T may pick up the Passport, but they love weird longshot phones that sell poorly (I'm thinking of you, Amazon Fire Phone).

So, yeah, Chen could desperately use the help of the soon to be #3 US carrier. And BlackBerry could use a CEO that converts customers as well as Legere does. Then we wouldn't be at 1-2% market share.

leojzueg and robert_in_la like this.
    09-18-14 02:56 AM
    What do you mean? T-Mobile's fortunes have improved since parting with BlackBerry. Legere just wanted to do what's right for customers of both T-Mo and BlackBerry. I don't hear John Chen talking about customer well-being of T-Mo/BlackBerry customers, he been busy being offended and injuring carrier relationships.

So who needs whom more?

Well, John Legere is absolutely killing it at T-Mobile, without BlackBerry. T-Mo had its best month ever last month, is producing a 4 to 1 conversion rate against Sprint customers, a 2 to 1 conversion rate against Verizon customers, a 2 to 1 conversion rate overall, T-Mo's claims of having the fastest LTE are unchallenged, and T-Mo is winning customer service awards as well.

BlackBerry, on the other hand, is NOT killing it. It has lost 60 percent of its workforce. Its phones sell so poorly most US carrier stores don't even carry them because they're a waste of shelf space. Verizon, the exclusive US carrier for the Z30 totally failed BlackBerry in my experience; there are threads about Verizon's legendarily poor BlackBerry support on this forum. AT&T may pick up the Passport, but they love weird longshot phones that sell poorly (I'm thinking of you, Amazon Fire Phone).

So, yeah, Chen could desperately use the help of the soon to be #3 US carrier. And BlackBerry could use a CEO that converts customers as well as Legere does. Then we wouldn't be at 1-2% market share.

T-mobile is buying customers. You can look really prosperous is you write a lot of bad checks. But eventually reality catches up with you.

If T-mobile service was free, Legere would really be killing. ;-)

Posted via CB10
    raino likes this.
    09-18-14 04:12 AM
    John? John Chen??
    Hi there :-

BlackBerry*Q10, T-Mobile Germany - SQN100-3, Running OS 10.2.1.2941
    Yeah, I wish! Then again, running BlackBerry in the post iphone era is a tough job.

It had been my experience that if you name a market, the top people in it have had some contact with each other and surely know how to get in contact. When Google and Apple agreed not to poach employees, it wasn't done through the Vulcan mind meld.

One place where I was employed was pushing a H1B bill and spammed the employee email with some information on the bill. The CEO (think Dilbert here) didn't understand the difference between CC and BCC, ND divulged the personal email of many any top tier Silicon Valley CEOs. So yeah, they all have each other's email addresses.

Posted via CB10
    09-18-14 04:19 AM
    It is the year of working hard instead of tweeting several times a day.
    09-18-14 04:24 AM

Posted via CB10
    Yeah that's why the news is about blackberry want t mobile back, oh wait....

Chen is the one that cancelled the contract between them, not
    Legere

Posted via CB10
    09-18-14 04:31 AM
    T-mobile is buying customers. You can look really prosperous is you write a lot of bad checks. But eventually reality catches up with you.
    This. Since this whole Uncarrier deal, TMO has posted ONE quarter of profit. And that too was on the back of a spectrum swap with Verizon--without it factored in there, they would have posted a $0.42/share loss. Massive.

It's not rocket science to keep cutting prices. If the competitors in a better position get down to it, guess who would win the war of attrition.
    09-18-14 09:36 AM
    This. Since this whole Uncarrier deal, TMO has posted ONE quarter of profit. And that too was on the back of a spectrum swap with Verizon--without it factored in there, they would have posted a $0.42/share loss. Massive.

It's not rocket science to keep cutting prices. If the competitors in a better position get down to it, guess who would win the war of attrition.
    T-mobile also sold their towers and leased them back. Obviously I'm not privy to the contract, but I assume they have some right of first refusal to get their towers back.

To be fair, lots of companies tan in the red for years before being profitable. But I believe you have to be profitable once in a while to stay on the exchange. CNN lost money for a decade when it was started.

Posted via CB10
    09-18-14 12:22 PM

Well, things are not always as bad as they sound, and I think T-Mo's plan is going better than expected. For instance, this Bloomberg article gives some insight into what's really happening. http://mobile.bloomberg.com/news/201...ber-gains.html

This article discusses Q4 2013. And sure, T-Mo reported a small loss ($20 million), but the article explains (1) that the loss was due to expenses related to subscriber gains; (2) that leaving out interest, taxes, depreciation, and amortization, T-Mo's profit for that quarter would have grown at 18% to $1.24 billion; (3) that T-Mobile is making money on every gained customer, but not as much as the duopoly makes per customer.

Every company has to spend money to gain customers, so they are all "buying customers" to an extent. If it is supposed to be a put down that T-Mobile is giving us more data on a faster network for less money, then I think the joke is really on duopoly customers, many of whom live or travel to the boonies where the duopoly is their only option. I'm sad for them, because that sucks.

But T-Mo is bypassing Sprint this year and is targeting AT&T mobile next, so I like the way the plan is coming together.

09-18-14 01:55 PM
    Well, things are not always as bad as they sound, and I think T-Mo's plan is going better than expected. For instance, this Bloomberg article gives some insight into what's really happening. T-Mobile Losses Mount as No. 4 Carrier Pushes Customer Gains - Bloomberg

This article discusses Q4 2013. And sure, T-Mo reported a small loss ($20 million), but the article explains (1) that the loss was due to expenses related to subscriber gains; (2) that leaving out interest, taxes, depreciation, and amortization, T-Mo's profit for that quarter would have grown at 18% to $1.24 billion; (3) that T-Mobile is making money on every gained customer, but not as much as the duopoly makes per customer.

Every company has to spend money to gain customers, so they are all "buying customers" to an extent. If it is supposed to be a put down that T-Mobile is giving us more data on a faster network for less money, then I think the joke is really on duopoly customers, many of whom live or travel to the boonies where the duopoly is their only option. I'm sad for them, because that sucks.

But T-Mo is bypassing Sprint this year and is targeting AT&T mobile next, so I like the way the plan is coming together.
    Look beyond Q4 2013 In Q1 2014, they had a loss of $151 million. I don't remember what the number of shares outstanding was, but a $0.42/share loss last quarter would have been even worse than $151 million. So yes, while the top three are gaining customers, the one that is gaining the most is losing a lot of money as well--because they have to run ETF gimmicks, keep dropping their ARPU, etc. to gain these customers. They sure aren't coming for the strength of their network. And Uncarrier has been going on for >1 year. Where are the profits from it? AT&T and Verizon are gaining customers too, but posting good profits at the same time.
    clickitykeys likes this.
    09-18-14 03:14 PM
120 1234 ...