Prime Day Deals:FireTV Stick $15 | Echo Dot $23
09-29-14 09:50 AM
120 123 ...
tools
    In this great CNET interview, T-Mobile CEO John Legere goes on the record that he'd like for BlackBerry and T-Mobile to work together to satisfy customers who want a BlackBerry device on T-Mo. He also says he'd be willing to talk with BlackBerry CEO John Chen to make this happen. Legere's analysis focused on the customers and he said, "There should never be personal or company animosities that stop customers from getting what they want." Amen to that.

See the video here.

Could BlackBerry and T-Mobile reconcile? - CNET

I really feel like improved carrier relations with T-Mobile are in reach, if only these two get on a call! What does Crackberry think?

Z-30 / STA100-5 / 10.3.0.1154 / T-Mobile USA
    09-13-14 09:07 PM
    Please forgive my ignorance, while we all heard about T-Mobile trying to induce BB users to move to another phone, I never read as to what the official reason was for the split.
    09-13-14 09:12 PM
    Please forgive my ignorance, while we all heard about T-Mobile trying to induce BB users to move to another phone, I never read as to what the official reason was for the split.
    That was pretty much all T-Mobile did wrong. T-Mo did try to make it right with a BlackBerry promotion after the iPhone incident, but John Chen still refused to renew T-Mobile's license to sell new BlackBerry phones. T-Mo still does software updates for BlackBerries and supports existing BlackBerry devices that it sold or that operate on its network.

09-13-14 09:40 PM
    Honestly, I think we saw this coming... Good news if all the bowing and scraping can lead to hugs and kisses. And, maybe we'll get that Passport after all.
    09-13-14 10:35 PM
    That is too awesome... Chen played it cool and now maybe TMO is back on its hands and knees? I really hope that's how this is playing out, haha
    Thunderbuck and GRojasHruska like this.
    09-13-14 10:42 PM
    This would be good

Posted via CB10
    09-13-14 11:25 PM
    Simple regret... They'll never ever do it again!
    T-Mobile knows that BlackBerry is valuable!

BlackBerry*Q10, T-Mobile Germany - SQN100-3, Running OS 10.2.1.2941
    09-14-14 01:11 AM
    I really appreciated Legere's customer focus and willingness to move forward. I just want both these companies to work well together because I really think it'd be best for all concerned (including me)!

I'd love it if T-Mo would set the Z30 up for wifi calling, like it has the Z10 and Q10. I'd double love it if they push the Passport to signal the rebirth of the partnership. I'd triple love it if T-Mobile is a US launch partner for the Z50!

Let's hope John Chen takes this awesome opportunity to improve both customer and carrier relations with an important partner.

Last edited by eyesopen1111; 09-14-14 at 07:12 AM.
    2gunnar, leojzueg and ponpiri like this.
    09-14-14 01:55 AM
    I think T-Mo wants the Passport.

Posted from CB10 running on my awesome Z30 2B6927F7
    zephyr613 and GRojasHruska like this.
    09-14-14 02:26 AM
    I really Hope Chen calls T Mobile. I'm a Loyal T Mobile BlackBerry customer

Posted via CB10
    Wikichick likes this.
    09-14-14 04:38 AM
    This is so much better than if Chen would have asked T-Mobile. Now John Legere is basically asking for forgiveness again because his cannot please his BlackBerry costumers anymore.

Posted via CB10
    GRojasHruska likes this.
    09-14-14 05:37 AM
    I really hope this happens. Wifi calling on my Z30 would be amazing PLUS T-Mobile should definitely carry the Passport.

Posted with my Z30 from CB10
    09-14-14 07:51 AM
    Yeah I would love wifi calling on my Z30 too. Granted the implementation in the Z10 has not been stellar, but it would be nice to have it functioning properly in BB10 phones.

Posted via CB10
    09-14-14 08:15 AM
    Yeah I would love wifi calling on my Z30 too. Granted the implementation in the Z10 has not been stellar, but it would be nice to have it functioning properly in BB10 phones.

Posted via CB10
    With the passing of this current glitch (if it's passed) it is suddenly stellar.
    09-14-14 08:30 AM
    There's a pretty old thread for this already...

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=958495

Posted via CB10
    09-14-14 09:11 AM
    Tmobile realizes that corporate accounts are what pays the bills. Just look at Verizon's and AT&T's revenues from corporate accounts versus consumer accounts.
    09-14-14 10:25 AM
    That was pretty much all T-Mobile did wrong. T-Mo did try to make it right with a BlackBerry promotion after the iPhone incident, but John Chen still refused to renew T-Mobile's license to sell new BlackBerry phones. T-Mo still does software updates for BlackBerries and supports existing BlackBerry devices that it sold or that operate on its network.

T-Mobile's BlackBerry promotion was a lame attempt at the very least. There were no BlackBerry phones in the stores and it was difficult to order from the website also, so it was not a great promotion.
    09-14-14 12:32 PM
    Bring the Z30 to T-Mo :-) so I can get WiFi calling on my STA-1005

Blackberry and Android fan on T-Mobile
    2gunnar likes this.
    09-14-14 01:20 PM
    I think T-Mobile realizes what Verizon and AT&T know. You're NOT the carrier for business without BlackBerry. There is no carrier on Earth that doesn't absolutely love those lucrative corporate contracts with hundreds and thousands of lines and all those extended service agreements that go along with those accounts. Corporate accounts have much higher ARPU then consumer accounts. BlackBerry means business. You want to be a carrier that attracts business customers? You need BlackBerry. That's all.
    09-14-14 01:38 PM
    T-Mobile's BlackBerry promotion was a lame attempt at the very least. There were no BlackBerry phones in the stores and it was difficult to order from the website also, so it was not a great promotion.
    Well, when they were released by t-mo, they were in the store and -- at least where I went -- the featured phone. Different in different stores.
    eyesopen1111 likes this.
    09-14-14 02:48 PM
    Well, when they were released by t-mo, they were in the store and -- at least where I went -- the featured phone. Different in different stores.
    Eyesopen referred to the BlackBerry promotion T-Mobile offered after their trade in your BlackBerry for $200 deal earlier this year. At this particular point in time, the stores were no longer displaying BlackBerry phones and the website only had refurb Q10s. That made it a lame promotion for anyone really wanting a BlackBerry this year on T-Mobile. And let me include to mention their sales clerks telling customers that BlackBerry was going out of business and their phones are defective. All of it happened, despite people ignoring that all this went down.

Posted via CB10
    raino and CerveloJohn like this.
    09-14-14 04:29 PM
    Eyesopen referred to the BlackBerry promotion T-Mobile offered after their trade in your BlackBerry for $200 deal earlier this year. At this particular point in time, the stores were no longer displaying BlackBerry phones and the website only had refurb Q10s. That made it a lame promotion for anyone really wanting a BlackBerry this year on T-Mobile. And let me include to mention their sales clerks telling customers that BlackBerry was going out of business and their phones are defective. All of it happened, despite people ignoring that all this went down.

Posted via CB10
    There's been all kind of such reports, many of them third hand here-say.

What I can say, first hand, is that I had absolutely no problem walking into Tmobile and taking advantage of that offer and picking up a new Z10.

Posted via CB10
    09-14-14 06:24 PM
    There's been all kind of such reports, many of them third hand here-say.

What I can say, first hand, is that I had absolutely no problem walking into Tmobile and taking advantage of that offer and picking up a new Z10.

Posted via CB10
    That's good. We did though. The girlfriend wanted a Z10. None to be found in the stores in our area. None on display. Only refurb Q10s on the website. After a call or three, we finally got one sent out to her. Of course she loves it though, so it was all worth the effort
    09-14-14 06:31 PM
    Here is a thread about some CBers experiences trying to take advantage of the BlackBerry deal. Most got a trade-in, but only after considerable customer efforts.

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=908234

Posted via CB10
    CerveloJohn likes this.
    09-14-14 07:56 PM
    This should be a CB headline.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3253 CB10
    Anovascular likes this.
    09-14-14 08:57 PM
120 123 ...