06-20-08 12:34 PM
42 12
tools
    Word on the street (tmonews.com) says a minimum of 16 phones... The list is as follows:

* Nokia 5310
    * Nokia 5610
    * Shadow II
    * Nokia 2760
    * Nokia 1208
    * Nokia 6301
    * Shadow III (Damn, did we say that?!)
    * Samsung T339
    * Samsung T229
    * Blackberry Bold
    * Blackberry KickStart
    * Motorola W450
    * Motorola Rokr E8
    * 3 unknown (the 2 kicks are my guesses)

TmoNews Blog Archive T-mobile to release 16 new phones by August?
    05-19-08 07:13 PM
    Thats alot of new phones!!! lol
    05-19-08 07:20 PM
    Aja alot.........................
    05-19-08 07:23 PM
    nice thats good news for me, since i sell tmo phones lol
    05-19-08 09:27 PM
    Can't wait. How about a network upgrade while we're at it?
    05-20-08 12:00 AM
    Can't wait. How about a network upgrade while we're at it?
    3G is testing now in certain areas and "should" be out this summer but who knows
    05-20-08 12:28 AM
    * Nokia 5310
    * Nokia 5610
    * Shadow II
    * Nokia 2760
    * Nokia 1208
    * Nokia 6301
    * Shadow III (Damn, did we say that?!)
    * Samsung T339
    * Samsung T229
    * Blackberry Bold
    * Blackberry KickStart
    * Motorola W450
    * Motorola Rokr E8
    * 3 unknown (the 2 kicks are my guesses)

Thats a lot of phones coming out, its funny a carrier can get 16 new phones and we cant even get an OS upgrade from RIM..LOL i only care about the blackberrys, nokia makes good phones but out of date if u ask me...samsung (Booooooo) & i hate motorola phones so much..........god i hate them.
    05-22-08 09:13 AM
    The Kickstart is on that list? Wow, it seems like yesterday they were announcing it.
    05-22-08 09:34 AM
    yeah i think the kickstart will sell pretty good for those people that really want to get a blackberry but are stuck on having a flip phone im excited about carrying them in my store
    05-22-08 12:03 PM
    Wow that is a lot of phones and some pretty good ones on that list.
    05-23-08 08:27 AM
    Wow that is a lot of phones and some pretty good ones on that list.
    Only the BBs and the Shadow's (and barely on the shadow II and III part) catch my eye.
    05-23-08 05:58 PM
    whats up with AT&T exclusivity with the Bold? Don't get me wrong, I am dying to get my hands on one through T-Mobile, but the exclusivity thing has me confused as ****. Does a non 3g bold allow T-mobile to carry it without infringing on At&T? or are we really just getting the Javelin?
    06-17-08 12:26 AM
    whats up with AT&T exclusivity with the Bold? Don't get me wrong, I am dying to get my hands on one through T-Mobile, but the exclusivity thing has me confused as ****. Does a non 3g bold allow T-mobile to carry it without infringing on At&T? or are we really just getting the Javelin?
    Exclusive in this case probably just means for a few months.
    06-17-08 01:03 AM
    Tell me what the difference between a "non 3G Bold" and the Javelin is...

without 3G in the Bold... you get a Javelin...

and at this point, TMo's 3G network would not be able to support a device as big as the Bold... everyone will want it and the 3G support would suck!!

So... there would be no point in even having the Bold, really. The Javelin will just have to do... and it is hard to be content with this dissapointment, but TMobile's 3G network is a long shot from being ready nation-wide.
    06-17-08 07:56 AM
    Exclusive in this case probably just means for a few months.
    That is a good point and I used to feel the same way, but then I realized a device like the Bold would be pointless on the TMobile network, as it does not yet support 3G with a "robust-enough" (if you will) network for the Bold.

Along with that, the TMobile 3G and the ATT 3G use different frequencies... so if one would unlock the ATT Bold and attempt to use it in NYC on TMobile's 3G, they would have little success

We will have to attempt to be satisfied by the Javelin...
    06-17-08 07:59 AM
    That is a good point and I used to feel the same way, but then I realized a device like the Bold would be pointless on the TMobile network, as it does not yet support 3G with a "robust-enough" (if you will) network for the Bold.

Along with that, the TMobile 3G and the ATT 3G use different frequencies... so if one would unlock the ATT Bold and attempt to use it in NYC on TMobile's 3G, they would have little success

We will have to attempt to be satisfied by the Javelin...
    The Javelin has a few different cosmetic features, The keyboard looks roughly like the Curve's and less like the Bold's. The Camera does seem to be better though.
    06-17-08 12:45 PM
    Yeah. I think the Javelin is a slick little device. The pics and videos look really promising and it is definitely a Curve replacement (from the looks!)

Slick, nice keyboard, nice camera specs
    06-17-08 01:50 PM
    Javelin or BB bold? what do you think? which do you prefer?
    Last edited by a77boy; 06-17-08 at 02:01 PM. Reason: added info
    06-17-08 02:00 PM
    I am personally looking forward to both devices, also for an entry level phone the nokia 5310 is sweet is has video, an fm radio, comes with a 1gb sd card, plays movies... I'm was very impressed by this little device

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-17-08 04:17 PM
    Tell me what the difference between a "non 3G Bold" and the Javelin is...

without 3G in the Bold... you get a Javelin...

and at this point, TMo's 3G network would not be able to support a device as big as the Bold... everyone will want it and the 3G support would suck!!

So... there would be no point in even having the Bold, really. The Javelin will just have to do... and it is hard to be content with this dissapointment, but TMobile's 3G network is a long shot from being ready nation-wide.
    But the Bold has WiFi AND 3G doesn't it? (I might be misremembering but yea.)

If the Javelin has a processor as good as the Bold then I will definitely just go with the Javelin because it looks like the Curve as far as form factor and keyboard go, which I love. The camera on the javelin is also slated to be 3.2 MP, whereas the Bold's camera is only 2.0. So yea, as far as the 3G compared to WiFi goes, I don't mind waiting a few extra seconds for a page to load, I'm not in that much of a rush and I don't plan on using the internet that much on my phone anyway.

EDIT: The only complaint I have really seen about T-Mobile is the coverage area in some areas isn't that good, but that's really no issue for me thanks to UMA. The only areas I'm ever in that I don't get signal... Are places that have WiFi setup lol.

p.s. If you have a WiFi signal and UMA but you have no signal from a regular cell tower, can you still send and receive texts?
    Last edited by Skormm; 06-17-08 at 11:02 PM.
    06-17-08 10:59 PM
    Yes you can as your are directly tied to T-mobile for via WiFi.

06-17-08 11:09 PM
    Yes you can as your are directly tied to T-mobile for via WiFi.

Spiffy. (10-characters)
    06-17-08 11:38 PM
    I don't want anything but a blackberry now!!!! lol.
    I'm interested in the Bold but I'm not eligible for any upgrades until next year.

I'm SO not interested in anything Motorola.
    06-18-08 12:39 AM
    I hope this is right about the Bold, I could care less about the KickStart. Full QWERTY ftw!
    06-18-08 01:12 AM
    Man I was hoping to see Nokia E71 on that list. AND I really really really hope that the Javelin gets some 3G treatment. Come on RIM pleeeaseee!!!
    06-18-08 03:05 AM
42 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD