Quick question, does it make a difference when switching sim cards from android to bb? Can u just swap the sim or do u have to notify tmo?

Posted via CrackBerry App
    06-24-14 08:43 PM
    Rissa Boo,

If you're going to a BlackBerry 10, and it's for personal use, I believe the only thing that you have to check is the SIM card size - old, micro, nano. And you may either need an adapter or a smaller SIM - in the latter case T-Mo should provide the smaller SIM at no charge (that was my experience). If it's the same size, then swap should work.

But if you need an adapter for the SIM, T-Mo does charge.

T-Mo does like to keep track of the handset that you're using.

If you are going to a legacy BlackBerry, and need BlackBerry Internet Service, then you will have to contact T-Mo to set up BIS.

Hope that helps.
    06-24-14 09:29 PM
    Quick question, does it make a difference when switching sim cards from android to bb? Can u just swap the sim or do u have to notify tmo?

If your on T-Mobile post paid, if the sim fits, it will work. Even legacy BlackBerry phones with bis. At least been my experience.

I was actually surprised when I stuck my sim in an old BlackBerry and it worked. On AT&T you would have to inform them, or no bis.

Posted via CB10
    06-29-14 02:27 PM

Assuming you are talking about a BB10, and the SIM physically fits, sure. However have seen a few post with people using an "old" SIM and having some issues in a new BB10. Whenever I buy a new phone I get a currently available SIM just to avoid any possible corruption issues (from previous phone) and to be sure I've got the most up to date SIM.
    06-30-14 09:55 AM
    Assuming you are talking about a BB10, and the SIM physically fits, sure. However have seen a few post with people using an "old" SIM and having some issues in a new BB10. Whenever I buy a new phone I get a currently available SIM just to avoid any possible corruption issues (from previous phone) and to be sure I've got the most up to date SIM.
    just a bit of a stray from the OP but have you used an ISIS sim yet? thinking of getting one to see how it works

Sent from my BlackBerry 9630 using Tapatalk
    07-04-14 11:34 AM
    just a bit of a stray from the OP but have you used an ISIS sim yet? thinking of getting one to see how it works
    I have one. If you're going to use it in anything but the "approved" TMO Android models, it will be just another SIM. The phones have to be TMO branded too, not just any AWS phone.
    07-04-14 07:11 PM
    I have one. If you're going to use it in anything but the "approved" TMO Android models, it will be just another SIM. The phones have to be TMO branded too, not just any AWS phone.
    thanks much for that info Raino!!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9630 using Tapatalk
    07-06-14 11:41 AM
    So Isis is both phone and carrier related?

I just saw a guy make an Isis payment from an iPhone. Yeah, I know the iphone doesn't have a NFC, but he has a jacket around the phone that does NFC. Or I was buffaloed and he has a preproduction iphone, which isn't all that uncommon in the bay area.

Posted via CB10
    07-06-14 09:51 PM
    So Isis is both phone and carrier related?

I just saw a guy make an Isis payment from an iPhone. Yeah, I know the iphone doesn't have a NFC, but he has a jacket around the phone that does NFC. Or I was buffaloed and he has a preproduction iphone, which isn't all that uncommon in the bay area.
    Unless something's in development (and that would be big news everywhere,) I don't think that was Isis on the iPhone. Maybe some barcode based payment system?

To answer your question--yes, Isis is both carrier and phone dependent (even app dependent too, technically.) So let's say you were to get a 100% TMO compatible AWS phone from AT&T and you put in a TMO Isis SIM, Isis wouldn't work because the phone has to be TMO branded--even though AT&T is an Isis participant as well. I have a non-branded/Wind Mobile GS3 (an Isis approved/capable phone,) and I can't even locate the Isis app in the Play Store, because it's not available for my device. I managed to get an apk for it to side load, but that didn't work either.
    07-06-14 10:05 PM
    Actually the jacket dates back to the iphone 4. From the Proxama website:

http://m.proxama.com/news/iphone-nfc...rough-proxama/

There is noise on the interwebs that Proxama was working on a z10 app, but that looks like a project that never got completed.

I talked to the guy, trying to sniff out if it was an iPhone prototype since I was totally shocked to see the NFC payment done, and then even more confused when it was on an iPhone.

The only place I see those NFC readers is Peets Coffee, so getting Isis working would be an experiment in geekdom. Of course, I'm not beneath such silliness.

Posted via CB10
    07-07-14 01:03 AM