Hey everyone. Kind of confusing question I apologize in advance.

I was supposed to switch away from tmo to verizon to pick up a storm on sunday, the day that I THOUGHT my tmo account ended its two year subscription. However, I just looked at contract and it says I purchased my current phone (sidekick 3) on April 5, 2007. So I'm thinking '**** I have to wait til April!" But then I read a little more in and it says

"...you maintain uniterrupted service and pay your phone bill by the date due for at least 365 days after date of this agreement."

It also says "WE CAN ONLY OFFER THIS PRICING TO INDIVIDUALS WHO INTEND TO MAINTAIN AND USE THEIR PHONES FOR AT LEAST 365 DAYS."

So does this mean I can cancel now with no fees seeing as it looks like a one year contract.

Thanks a ton!
    03-13-09 05:43 PM
    Only way to find out is to call customer service or go back to the store you bought the phone and signed the contract and ask, is this a 1 year or a 2 year contract.

That way you will know if you need to deal with the ETF or not ahead of time. Not much fun to find out on your final bill that you are hit with that ETF.
    03-13-09 06:08 PM
    wow....sidekick to storm...thats a jump.
    I interpret that if you cancel even a couple days before your 365 days, they will charge you full price for the phone and add cancellation fees on top of that. depending on the SK, could be up to 399 or more.
    plus the 2 bills for cancelling.
    03-14-09 06:07 PM
    call t-mo on this one. since this is now march and even if april you should not have to pay any EFTs. remember your handset upgrade date and plan(min) contract date could be different ( mine are). also EFT policy has changed for most providers now
    03-15-09 10:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD