09-30-15 10:45 AM
29 12
tools
    or is this Classic Blackberry Overpromise and Underdeliver?

Do We Still Believe This....-screen_20150922_215620.jpg
    MoeR15 likes this.
    09-28-15 07:37 AM
    Yes finally! Thanks for sharing
    09-28-15 07:49 AM
    I still believe it... I have been all over T-Mobile and Mike is legit... Pressing that OS update regularly... It'll be soon!

Posted via CB10
    modifier likes this.
    09-28-15 07:53 AM
    OK, I want to believe but as we all know we've been burnt in the past many times.
    Fingers crossed and here's hoping.
    09-28-15 07:58 AM
    OK, I want to believe but as we all know we've been burnt in the past many times.
    Fingers crossed and here's hoping.
    He made a similar announcement (sans the date) on Twitter... Usually that's a very strong indication it's set to go live...

Posted via CB10
    09-28-15 08:15 AM
    or is this Classic Blackberry Overpromise and Underdeliver?
    T-Mobile is not Blackberry.
    modifier, Doggerz and Vistaus like this.
    09-28-15 08:25 AM
    or is this Classic T-Mobile Overpromise and Underdeliver?
    FTFY

BB has been done with WFC in 10.3.2 for quite a while now. It's on T-Mo to finish testing and green light it for release.
    raino and lift like this.
    09-28-15 08:38 AM
    T-Mobile is not Blackberry.
    This time, TMO (Mike Sievert) is the one who has been setting the expectations. He had already said around Labor Day, and didn't deliver.

Btw, if you want to look up TMO's record, research the Nexus 6 WFC delivery.
    09-28-15 08:39 AM
    Do We Still Believe This....-1443447794511_546317.png
    modifier and JRF_1986 like this.
    09-28-15 08:43 AM
    This time, TMO (Mike Sievert) is the one who has been setting the expectations. He had already said around Labor Day, and didn't deliver.

Btw, if you want to look up TMO's record, research the Nexus 6 WFC delivery.
    Still has nothing to do with BlackBerry.
    Vistaus and diegonei like this.
    09-28-15 08:47 AM
    I don't think he mentioned that on social media though, to be fair... I believe that was in reply to my email to him, in which case he was speaking off the record... (Plus, my correspondence possibly is close to warranting a restraining order at times, could've just been to get me off his back for a few weeks haha...) I feel what he posted to Twitter last week confirms a release is imminent and in the 'next few days'. (If not today, but I won't hold me breath, still I DO believe this week is the week.)

Do We Still Believe This....-rq13a.jpg

Posted via CB10
    09-28-15 08:49 AM
    Still has nothing to do with BlackBerry.
    Oh. I think I misunderstood you. Never mind lol.
    09-28-15 09:23 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1443447794511_546317.png 
Views:	1283 
Size:	71.5 KB 
ID:	373455
    Hey! That guys looks familiar.
    09-28-15 09:34 AM
    Hey! That guys looks familiar.
    Looking good on TmoNews as well!

http://www.tmonews.com/2015/09/black...ing-this-week/
    Do We Still Believe This....-img_20150928_115335.png

Posted via CB10
    mrfreeze likes this.
    09-28-15 10:54 AM
    Looking good on TmoNews as well!

http://www.tmonews.com/2015/09/black...ing-this-week/
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150928_115335.png 
Views:	926 
Size:	107.0 KB 
ID:	373482

Posted via CB10
    I'm all over the place. Lol
    CivilDissident likes this.
    09-28-15 11:02 AM
    Could this possibly be including the Q10 and Z10 as well?

Posted via CB10
    09-28-15 11:43 AM

Posted via CB10
    Maybe, maybe not.

Always possible to install it manually, anyway.
    09-28-15 12:00 PM
    “Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast.”
    Red Queen
    Xaiux likes this.
    09-28-15 12:14 PM
    TMO tells BB "ok, whitelist this build for WFC on our carried/supported phone model(s)." They (TMO) are obviously going to do it for the Classic, but have indicated that they are not approving a 10.3.2 for the Z10 or Q10, which greatly diminishes the likelihood of WFC coming to these two older phones. It doesn't extinguish the possibility, because there's a (remote) chance TMO tells BB "white list for all the phones we once carried/supported." But I am not optimistic, because general 'carrier' behavior dictates "testing" OSes for each phone. I would love to be proven wrong though (current Q10 owner here.)
    09-28-15 12:17 PM
    Maybe, maybe not.

Always possible to install it manually, anyway.
    TMO tells BB "ok, whitelist this build for WFC on our carried/supported phone model(s)." They (TMO) are obviously going to do it for the Classic, but have indicated that they are not approving a 10.3.2 for the Z10 or Q10, which greatly diminishes the likelihood of WFC coming to these two older phones. It doesn't extinguish the possibility, because there's a (remote) chance TMO tells BB "white list for all the phones we once carried/supported." But I am not optimistic, because general 'carrier' behavior dictates "testing" OSes for each phone. I would love to be proven wrong though (current Q10 owner here.)
    thurask is on it.

Here's the possible scenario:
    - Z10/Q10 are already approved for WFC and their DevIDs already exist in the "whitelist" database.
    - Classic sees a 10.3.2.xxxx update containing WFC and gets its DevID added to the above db.
    - Since 10.3.2.xxxx is then approved for WFC on T-Mobile's network, anything containing both the approved OS and an approved DevID should work.
    - No testing is needed because having both an OS and DevID match pairing, the feature works without so-called testing or approval.
    - In this case, the Z10/Q10 could work.

Unless T-Mo has requested something bizarre in blocking the two older devices, the above certainly could happen.

Keep in mind that a carrier "approving" an OS only covers what they test and approve to be pushed. Plenty of non-approved OSes have worked with WFC because they meet the OS/DevID pairing in the database. Even if T-Mo doesn't approve 10.3.2 on Q/Z doesn't mean all bets are off.
    raino likes this.
    09-28-15 01:30 PM
    "This time, TMO (Mike Sievert) is the one who has been setting the expectations. He had already said around Labor Day, and didn't deliver.

Btw, if you want to look up TMO's record, research the Nexus 6 WFC delivery".

Yes, I sit corrected - it's not BBRY but TMO Overpromising and Underdelivering - my apologies.

Ultimately Nexus 6 got WFC but others didn't (I'm thinking here of some of the Windows phones like HTC M8 Windows that mysteriously disappeared after being for sale with WFC promised, The Lumia 810 (also EOL'd after promising an upgrade that never materialized, the Lumia 640 that was long delayed, offered for sale briefly and is now no longer for sale by TMO).
    Is there a pattern here?
    I'd just like to see my Classic w/WFC because I'm in a sort of TMO dungeon with pathetic reception. And I have no real expectation that TMO will carry the Venice (Priv) although the blogs are reporting this.
    raino likes this.
    09-28-15 04:50 PM
    I'd just like to see my Classic w/WFC because I'm in a sort of TMO dungeon with pathetic reception.
    Exactly all I've been waiting for... I live in a very rural area... I rely heavily on WFC...

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Last edited by CivilDissident; 09-29-15 at 05:51 AM.
    09-28-15 06:04 PM
    Yes, I sit corrected - it's not BBRY but TMO Overpromising and Underdelivering - my apologies.
    No apologies needed. Believe me, BB has its own rich history of overpromising and underdelivering (Playbook, anyone?) but in this case, it's on TMO. As modifier said, 10.3.2 (with WFC) has to have been with TMO for a while now.

Ultimately Nexus 6 got WFC but others didn't (I'm thinking here of some of the Windows phones like HTC M8 Windows that mysteriously disappeared after being for sale with WFC promised, The Lumia 810 (also EOL'd after promising an upgrade that never materialized, the Lumia 640 that was long delayed, offered for sale briefly and is now no longer for sale by TMO).
    Is there a pattern here?
    I hope there isn't a pattern. I don't remember when the Lumia 810 was released or when the M8 WP was vis a vid Uncarrier 7.0, but this initiative states that all models of phones sold by TMO since then shall have WFC. And while they have had significant delays (like in the case of Nexus 6,) they have stuck to this 'promise.' So I always believed WFC was going to come to the Classic. The only issue was the timing.
    09-28-15 09:16 PM
    You can continue to check here - https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-22206 and of course, on your device. But either way, the page hasn't been updated as of yet.
    BBRYed likes this.
    09-29-15 12:12 PM
    You can continue to check here - https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-22206 and of course, on your device. But either way, the page hasn't been updated as of yet.
    Time is ticking. Party pooper Bla1ze : )

TMO page also still says it is in stage 1 (manufacturer development).

Poetry in Motion
    Last edited by BBRYed; 09-29-15 at 02:08 PM.
    09-29-15 01:58 PM
29 12