Well, after a reboot, I can send text messages for a bit, until I get a response, then the next txt from me shows the send, but not complete OR hangs with the little clock icon. Basically, I can't seem to txt /out/ with any consistency. Receiving seems fine though.

Z10 on OS Version 10.3.2.2789
    Z30 on OS Version 10.3.2.2813 (latest)

I've looked around the net and tried a couple solutions, but neither have worked:

1. power off, leave off for a while, then power back on
    2. Settings->About->Network->...->Register BlackBerry, then reboot

I'm not sure if it's an OS thing or a carrier thing, so trying carrier first...

Thanks!
    12-05-15 05:08 PM
    After some testing with a very patient second party...

It seems that txt'ing through Wi-Fi Preferred/Only is the culprit. After a few (2-3) txt's, txt'ing stops working and stalls. After the first stall, all further txt's are broken until the work-around is performed, i.e. switching Wi-Fi Preferred/Only to Cell Preferred after having been on Wi-Fi needs a reboot to fix.

Work-around: Set Wi-Fi Calling to Cell Preferred and reboot.
    12-05-15 06:11 PM
    I only had a few issues a couple days ago. It might have been the newest leak, it may have also been a networking issue at T-Mobile. When mine stalled nothing but a restart would fix it. It's happened twice now, but it's been a little over a day since the last issue. My wi-fi calling is back to being reliable again as well. Sometimes that will just throw REG99 until a restart.

The register blackberry trick is only to be used for issues with BBM, won't affect SMS issues.

Posted via CB10 on me red Blackberry Passport
    12-06-15 09:07 AM
    I only had a few issues a couple days ago. It might have been the newest leak, it may have also been a networking issue at T-Mobile. When mine stalled nothing but a restart would fix it. It's happened twice now, but it's been a little over a day since the last issue. My wi-fi calling is back to being reliable again as well. Sometimes that will just throw REG99 until a restart.

The register blackberry trick is only to be used for issues with BBM, won't affect SMS issues.
    I thought it might have been the latest OS Version 10.3.2.2813, but I tested on a T-Mobile-branded Z10 with 10.3.2.2789, to eliminate both a device model and OS Version issue. The Z10 had the same problem. I'm worried if it's a 10.3.2.X problem, as T-Mobile USA never released 10.3.2.X, i.e. untested by them.

I had to restart to get txt'ing to work again as well. It wouldn't work long before it stopped. The only solution I found was to use the Wi-Fi Calling app to switch to Cell Preferred and reboot. After that, txt's worked consistently. My only worry is when I'm reliant on wi-fi, like at the office or traveling.

Wi-Fi Calling seems to work better under 10.3.2.2813 than 10.3.2.2789. With the latter, I had lots of dropped calls after a few minutes and REG99. Toggling Airplane Mode is an easy way to fix REG99 without having to reboot.

Yeah, Register BlackBerry didn't make much sense, but it was on BlackBerry's official forums for fixing txt'ing.
    12-07-15 01:32 AM
    More data points...

I had Wi-Fi Calling set to Cell Preferred, but shut off cell, so essentially, I had the Z30 on wi-fi. I was able to send out about 15 txt's before the next one hung on sending and subsequent ones hung with the clock icon. At the end of the day, I rebooted and switched cell back on. The replies to my txt's finally arrived.

Basically, it seems that once txt'ing hangs, incoming txt's stop too.
    12-09-15 03:20 AM
    It's not likely 10.3. I had a similar issue on two Q10s on 10.2 and a Classic on 10.3 right before the .2789 drop.

T-mobile Engineering said it was on their end. Roughly a day after I called and walked them through it, the issue cleared up. I haven't seen it since or ever had the issue on 2789 or 2813.

If you haven't called T-Mobile support yet, you should. Ask for tech and explain what you're seeing. They'll reset things on their end and should be able to clear it up.

FWIW, not a single tech person I spoke with cared what OS the devices were using. 10.2, 10.3... didn't matter.

[CB10 / Q10]
    12-09-15 10:01 AM
    It's not likely 10.3. I had a similar issue on two Q10s on 10.2 and a Classic on 10.3 right before the .2789 drop.

T-mobile Engineering said it was on their end. Roughly a day after I called and walked them through it, the issue cleared up. I haven't seen it since or ever had the issue on 2789 or 2813.

If you haven't called T-Mobile support yet, you should. Ask for tech and explain what you're seeing. They'll reset things on their end and should be able to clear it up.

FWIW, not a single tech person I spoke with cared what OS the devices were using. 10.2, 10.3... didn't matter.
    I've called T-Mobile and got elevated up, my guess, one tier. The rep I talked to seemed to understand what I was talking about, as in, he was able to repeat what I reported. He said he'd reset the connection to my phone and a reboot on my end might fix things... but it hasn't. I'll try calling again and specifically ask for Engineering. Thanks for the reply. It's good to know that it's not an OS issue, but a network one.
    12-09-15 11:20 AM
    I'm curious if you tried to resync your phone. It is in the same menu. Resync seems to also cure. My single tower issue. ( I have a call into Tmo on this and haven't heard a peep. I will give them a tickle.)

I never used these features before. Your description of registering makes perfect sense. The resync is interesting. If you start the resync then move that window to the background, the network indicator in the upper right corner is no longer 4g or whatever, but rather upper or lower case H.

BTW, I noticed I can no longer use NFC. I'm guessing since I went to 2789, but I don't know for sure.

Getting back to your issues over wifi, I have to assume Tmo uses some sort of scheme to authenticate you. Maybe a cert, but none of the certs explicitly say TMobile. But I wonder if there is some identification on your phone that got messed up.

Posted via CB10
    12-10-15 02:35 AM
    My issue was tied to swapping a SIM card between phones and the system sending texts via IMS to an IMEI that wasn't online. Everything worked fine when on a tower but delayed delivery via WFC. They reset whatever server held the magical packet routing formulae and eventually things went back to normal.

[CB10 / Q10]
    12-10-15 02:44 AM