Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
05-02-17 05:49 PM
48 12
tools
    I wanted a new phone and went to at&t to ask about blackberry passport but salesman seemed disinterested about helping me out. Went back a few days ago and was told they are absolute. One salesperson even ask why? Salesperson did mentioned they were the best for security which is the reason for this not a bunch of apps. Why are people hooked on apps and not security is beyond my understanding. AT&T needs better sales people and not try to sell iPhone or samsung just because of apps.
    Quorist and syclone1978 like this.
    11-18-15 10:46 AM
    If you were a sales person..... wouldn't you rather sale a product that was popular and well known - a easy sell?

The PRIV is an unknown, from a company with a bad track record - and it is overpriced. Not really sure what you expect from them at this point. Even BlackBerry isn't really trying to sell it yet... why should some part time sales person put forth more effort than the company is?
    11-18-15 11:16 AM
    Also, with regards to any BB10 phone, considering that BlackBerry never trained any AT&T people except for maybe the bigger stores in only the largest markets, none of them ever knew what to do with them.

And to expect anything to be any different three years later?

The Priv should be different, but the AT&T store people would have to know that. Anecdotally, there does seem to be more overall awareness, but that may not extend to every corner of the country.

Posted via CB10
    11-19-15 12:42 PM
    If you were a sales person..... wouldn't you rather sale a product that was popular and well known - a easy sell?

The PRIV is an unknown, from a company with a bad track record - and it is overpriced. Not really sure what you expect from them at this point. Even BlackBerry isn't really trying to sell it yet... why should some part time sales person put forth more effort than the company is?
    It's the sales person's damn job to listen to the customer! If they ask for a Passport, you say "sure, I'm glad to assist". This is what my store rep said when I picked up my Classic. Moreover, the AT&T Passport was designed for AT&T. It's reps should respect their company's products and not bash/mock it to prospective customers.

BTW, the PRIV is not 'unknown'; the device received many high-profile reviews in print and on Youtube. Additionally, AT&T negotiated an exclusive agreement with BlackBerry, and huge PRIV poster appear in many of their stores.

Posted via CB app on my BlackBerry Classic
    11-19-15 01:03 PM
    People who buy from stores tend to be members of the Cult of Jobs, who watches over them from the iCloud on high. They won't even THINK of getting something that isn't an iPhone. I've tested this at length. When someone breaks their iPhone, and has no means of replacing it, I've offered to GIVE people free Android phones to use until which time they could get another iPhone, and except for one time, they ALL REFUSE, FLATLY.

That's the problem face with BlackBerry devices. My first one, the 8900, still works perfectly, has no damage beyond a 1mm fleck of chrome wearing off of the casing, and the trackball isn't full of cheeto grime like other people's phones. If I didn't need to familiarize myself with BB OS 10 and LTE service, I'd still be using it, or one of the beat-up 3G BlackBerry phone's I'd bought on the side for testing. They seem to last forever, while iPhones seem to explode if treated well, and shattered if treated like toys.
    miker476 likes this.
    11-19-15 01:44 PM

Because when as a salesperson your bosses IE att corporate decide to carry a device on an exclusive basis it is an option you should be offering to your customers. It's called good business.

If a customer decides it's not for them it's their choice and can easily return it for something else. Phones to me are like shoe shopping it's not just the look but the fit, finish, and overall feel of the product. You may not be a fan of Reebok or New Balance and prefer NIKE but if you work at any major shoe store you need to present all choices.

Posted via CB10
    11-23-15 07:45 PM
    Because when as a salesperson your bosses IE att corporate decide to carry a device on an exclusive basis it is an option you should be offering to your customers. It's called good business.

If a customer decides it's not for them it's their choice and can easily return it for something else. Phones to me are like shoe shopping it's not just the look but the fit, finish, and overall feel of the product. You may not be a fan of Reebok or New Balance and prefer NIKE but if you work at any major shoe store you need to present all choices.

Posted via CB10
    Well if the manager doesn't pull the display out of the back, and no one trains you on the phone..... just how important to corporate could it be?

You are going to sell what you know. And if a brand has a bad reputation (BlackBerry), even if they release a "new" product, you aren't going to be comfortable with it until more is known about it. The PRIV might be the best thing since toasted bread.... but without training or time to become familiar with a product the sales people probable know less than most BlackBerry fans coming in and asking for it.
    11-24-15 08:38 AM
    To me it is the store manager's job to make sure all of their sales people are train on all phones offered by the carrier. Personal tastes should not be a factor on what phone a sale person pushes. To me they should train carrier sales people to match each customer with what works best for that particular customer.

Posted via CB10
    11-24-15 01:42 PM
    I wanted a new phone and went to at&t to ask about blackberry passport but salesman seemed disinterested about helping me out. Went back a few days ago and was told they are absolute. One salesperson even ask why? Salesperson did mentioned they were the best for security which is the reason for this not a bunch of apps. Why are people hooked on apps and not security is beyond my understanding. AT&T needs better sales people and not try to sell iPhone or samsung just because of apps.
    Because the salesman win a sale bonus if you get an iphone or a samsung!

And Apple still have to deal with european justice for that! As unloyal concurrence is prohibited here!

Posted via CB10
    11-24-15 01:55 PM
    Unfortunately these " sales people" are more like a transit band of Circus carnies.
    12-03-15 09:21 PM
    I'm on Verizon. I get the same reaction from their sales staffs. It's smartphone prejudice. Just ignore them, go home and order your device online. All set!

Posted via Z10
    12-04-15 08:59 PM
    I've mentioned many times how the sales people are usually beyond less than. To me they should ask what the customer wants and then sell them that. Instead they try to steer you to what they think is best. Usually involves a commission for them. If you want some entertainment ask questions you already know the answer to and listen to their answers. Many are not overly knowledgeable on any device other than the one they use.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    01-18-16 06:36 PM
    I bought 2 BlackBerry Privs from 2 different Att stores, at both store's almost every worker knew how to set it up and talked highly of BlackBerry, I was shocked and wanted to find out more of what they thought about the BlackBerry Priv, when I asked them they pulled out their very own BlackBerry Priv I'm not sure if it's something crazy here in Oklahoma, but they have Privs for work phones, and a few of them have them as their personal phone..

Posted via the CrackBerry App on my BlackBerry Priv
    03-28-16 09:27 PM
    People who are in the know do not use sales people for anything except to fetch the box containing the phone they've selected.
    Last edited by OnyxFruit; 04-26-16 at 06:18 PM. Reason: spelling
    Jake2826 likes this.
    04-26-16 06:17 PM
    You just cant accept the fact that BB has died. It's been a slow death but the end is in sight. Not a single home run in almost a decade.
    04-26-16 06:22 PM
    BlackBerry has gone the way of good video games, good computer software, good computer hardware, and good movies. It was learned long ago that if you make something really popular, them dumb it down for the masses, you will make money hand over fist. Use the initial audience to drum up mystery and interest, then pop that balloon put the mass-production model out. Sand the edges down, blast it with some shiny paint, and call it new.

Ever wonder why most new phones have no memory card slot or removable battery? Why games have regenerating health and no real game-over state? Why movies are constant poor remakes or fanfic-level tripe? Desktop computers are being shoved to the side to make room for more low-powered tablets with cheap membrane keyboards? They became even more popular than they were fifteen years ago, and the audience had to be widened.

The Blackberry is the mark of the competent and capable professional, not the hip and trendy social networking star.
    05-17-16 02:40 AM
    Stopped by local AT&T store in the Mall. No BlackBerrys on display whatsoever.
    06-26-16 10:02 AM
    Stopped by local AT&T store in the Mall. No BlackBerrys on display whatsoever.
    Company store, or AT&T reseller? Big difference, sometimes huge difference.
    Many think all the $299 devices are from resellers.
    07-09-16 07:33 AM

Seems to me that a sale is a sale. It's not the salesperson's fault that BlackBerry has such buttery fingers. I don't know how the salespeople get paid (commission-based, maybe?), but I know that I'd try to get the sale.

Great Krypton! This Passport is super!
    07-15-16 12:07 PM
    Seems to me that a sale is a sale. It's not the salesperson's fault that BlackBerry has such buttery fingers. I don't know how the salespeople get paid (commission-based, maybe?), but I know that I'd try to get the sale.

Great Krypton! This Passport is super!
    That's the thing: if a sale is a sale, why make it unnecessarily difficult by trying to sell a phone from a company with such a tarnished reputation and lack of familiarity instead of selling a phone people actually want? If they ask for a Priv, sure, but if it's just "I want a phone", then it'd more often gravitate to an iPhone or Samsung.

As well, if it is a commission system, I'm sure trying to sell the new flagship phone would be more lucrative than selling some old niche product.
    07-15-16 12:15 PM
    A friend's wife went to the local AT&T store was interested in getting a Passport he said they looked at her like she had a horn growing out of her head!! BlackBerry they said your interested in a blackberry device? lol. All they had at the store was the classic and told her that the passport was only available on line... also with all the deals going down on the Priv verizon is still selling them at full price and people wonder what's up with sales, carriers in my neck of the woods are definitely not interested in Blackberry.

Posted by the power of passport
    07-15-16 12:21 PM
    Salespeople get paid to sell devices. The easiest devices to sell are the ones that customers walk in asking for. Even then, why bother explaining to average person about BlackBerry? Easier to sell a brand that doesn't have customer perception of being 5-10 years behind every other companies' offerings. Not fair, but it's reality.

Coachbulldog likes this.
    07-15-16 12:36 PM
    Salespeople get paid to sell devices. The easiest devices to sell are the ones that customers walk in asking for. Even then, why bother explaining to average person about BlackBerry? Easier to sell a brand that doesn't have customer perception of being 5-10 years behind every other companies' offerings. Not fair, but it's reality.

With Android and iOS device, person can start using it the moment they leave the store.

To really get the most out of BB10 a person would need to spend hours learning about Cobalt's Google Play, about patching apps, and how to get around the issue with the BB10 Facebook app. Only to learn the Pokemon Go just want work the way it should. Average person would return that phone without hours... if salespeople didn't steer them away to begin with.

The PRIV should get more respect as about the only PKB device on the market that worth anything.... but then I'm not sure how many people come in asking for a device with a physically keyboard.
    07-15-16 01:22 PM

Well I don't expect a sales person to be 100% knowledgeable of ever phone's capability but I would expect them to know some info on what the company they work for has to offer the public.. I guess I shouldn't lump in blackberry users with the rest of the cell phone community lol apparently there not easily misled
    07-15-16 03:57 PM
    With Android and iOS device, person can start using it the moment they leave the store.

To really get the most out of BB10 a person would need to spend hours learning about Cobalt's Google Play, about patching apps, and how to get around the issue with the BB10 Facebook app. Only to learn the Pokemon Go just want work the way it should. Average person would return that phone without hours... if salespeople didn't steer them away to begin with.

The PRIV should get more respect as about the only PKB device on the market that worth anything.... but then I'm not sure how many people come in asking for a device with a physically keyboard.
    Exactly. Salesperson might like PRIV but Sales 101 is sell customer what they ask for or what they gravitate towards.

07-16-16 08:09 PM
48 12