Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
02-15-14 05:41 PM
53 123
tools
    I have emailed, and called AT&T and BlackBerry several times. BlackBerry says AT&T has the update. AT&T tells me they have no idea when. COME ON AT&T release 10.2 what you waiting on. I hope everyone that reads this calls and emails both AT&T and BlackBerry. I'm in the USA and tired of waiting. Have had a BlackBerry for 15 years and been with AT&T for 20. Have 24 BlackBerry device on my business plan. I love BlackBerry but this is getting ridiculous. As far as AT&T I might have to switch carrier. Please contact them. Thanks in advance

Posted via CB10
    12-22-13 08:39 PM
    I have emailed, and called AT&T and BlackBerry several times. BlackBerry says AT&T has the update. AT&T tells me they have no idea when. COME ON AT&T release 10.2 what you waiting on. I hope everyone that reads this calls and emails both AT&T and BlackBerry. I'm in the USA and tired of waiting. Have had a BlackBerry for 15 years and been with AT&T for 20. Have 24 BlackBerry device on my business plan. I love BlackBerry but this is getting ridiculous. As far as AT&T I might have to switch carrier. Please contact them. Thanks in advance

Posted via CB10
    Check out this thread> 10-2-arrived: att Reportedly, it is already out. The carrier has the final say when the update is released. Calling BlackBerry is a waste of time. In the meantime, there are some fantastic 10.2 OS leaks available. May not be your preference, but, many of us refuse to be held hostage by our carrier(s). Also a longtime Cellular One at&t consumer as well. So, I feel your pain.
    12-22-13 09:07 PM

Posted via CB10
    I feel like you, I have been with AT&T all my life and I am 59, I think they can do better.
    Which department with AT&T does one go to or ask for?

The last time I called AT&T my data usage was not showing, I called 3 times and got the same, not to smart responses. One said " you must be using Wi-Fi." The answer to that is 'NO' I know what I am doing. It was like don't worry about it, "I will make a notation." So some times talking to these people is about like talking to a door, a waste of ones time; But I don't mind calling.
    12-22-13 09:19 PM
    Thanks. I seen that thread and that's what prompt me to put this out there. I thought if enough people contacted AT&T maybe they would hurry up. I've thought about doing a leak however I have almost 900 contacts for work alone and a ton of document in my phone and it makes me really nervous to do. I lost a lot of my information when I got my Z10 when it was transfer from my old phone. Hopefully soon.

Posted via CB10
    12-22-13 09:23 PM
    I hear you Rob. They sometime come off not to smart and even rude. If I don't get satisfaction I ask for there manager. I've emailed them 3 or 4 times and have never gotten a reply. Surprised. I appreciate it I just feel like they don't give a damb. Thanks

Posted via CB10
    12-22-13 09:27 PM
    There are already several threads asking this same question. Here and in the OS10 forum sections. Everyone that's asked AT&T gets the same response. The CS techs you get whether emailing or phoning them don't know anything and just tell you the same canned answer.

But, we already know what's going on. BB gives AT&T access to the OS, AT&T then let's their testers have that access. After soon period of time, if it checks out, AT&T tells BB to release it to phones using AT&T SIMs. The OS is on the BlackBerry servers, but only certain phones can see it based on the carrier the phone is on. But, AT&T doesn't care about BlackBerry anymore, so there's no hurry on their part.

The customer service representatives don't know (or don't care to know) of that particular arrangement and just spout out the usual standard "it's up to BlackBerry". To be fair, there are some CS reps that do know better, but also know that they don't have any say in the matter other than they just don't know when it will be released - and they probably don't know. It's a totally different division that determines this stuff.

In the past, there were plenty of times when someone posted a conversation with an actual knowledgeable CS rep who knew it was in testing, but just didn't know when it being released, and a day or two later, an update comes out.

So, in short, this question is asked all the time, but no one knows when. Simple as that. It comes when it comes.

I don't wait anymore. I'm on 10.2.1.1055 now and getting ready to load up the newest leak when I have the time after Christmas.

Posted via CB10
    12-23-13 12:26 PM
    I'm thinking the same here, if AT&T continue with its ignorance I'm planning to change carrier...

TINO.

Posted via CB10
    12-23-13 05:30 PM
    The only thing that has me hanging on to AT&T is the unlimited data. Believe me if another carrier offered this AT&T would be in my rear view mirror. Someone in forum said it best AT&T does not give a crap about BlackBerry anymore so they don't care.

Posted via CB10
    Thewaxedworm likes this.
    12-24-13 12:31 PM

Posted via CB10
    Everyone at each US Carrier feels the same pain. All carriers have 10.2 from BlackBerry and none have pushed it out. My Verizon Z30 came with 10.2 loaded but there are not enough upgrades to get super upset over. My "source" said most carriers will rollout after first week of January. It was a timing issue. Carriers received 10.2 to test and brand around iPhone 5s release and then came the holiday rush. Carriers focused on sales and tech support for existing customers. After the first week of January things should settle down and carriers can refocus in some normalcy.

Posted via my ridiculous BlackBerry Z30 on VZW from Philly
    12-25-13 04:04 AM
    Everyone at each US Carrier feels the same pain. All carriers have 10.2 from BlackBerry and none have pushed it out. My Verizon Z30 came with 10.2 loaded but there are not enough upgrades to get super upset over. My "source" said most carriers will rollout after first week of January. It was a timing issue. Carriers received 10.2 to test and brand around iPhone 5s release and then came the holiday rush. Carriers focused on sales and tech support for existing customers. After the first week of January things should settle down and carriers can refocus in some normalcy.

Posted via my ridiculous BlackBerry Z30 on VZW from Philly
    My thought is simple. No US carrier is pushing 10.2 right now. So I wonder to all saying they will switch carriers, how will that help? You start new with carrier and still do not get 10.2. So you lose. Stay with your carrier and wait for update or load a leak. Your wallet will be happy.

Just so you know. I am on Verizon and no 10.2 in sight.

Posted via CB10
    Bob80220 likes this.
    12-25-13 04:18 AM
    I'm thinking the same here, if AT&T continue with its ignorance I'm planning to change carrier..

TINO.
    Posted via CB10
    Hey TINO...read the copied post below...

My thought is simple. No US carrier is pushing 10.2 right now. So I wonder to all saying they will switch carriers, how will that help? You start new with carrier and still do not get 10.2. So you lose. Stay with your carrier and wait for update or load a leak. Your wallet will be happy.

Just so you know. I am on Verizon and no 10.2 in sight.

Posted via CB10
    Yup Draven...you are spot on. These folks that threaten to change carriers just don't get it. When it comes to the US carriers pushing out an updated OS it's always been the same deal. Other countries get it first and ultimately we are low on the totem pole...OS 10.2 will come eventually, but to switch to another US carrier what's the point. No one has it, so what freakin good will that do? I guess people feel better puffing out their chests...I will huff, and I will puff...and I will switch carriers...hahaha

Bob
    Last edited by Bob80220; 12-25-13 at 04:03 PM.
    12-25-13 03:50 PM
    Been with AT&T for many years and BlackBerry for half the time. Almost never waited for the official OS to arrive. A good leak is a real wonder.

The companies have no economic incentive to evaluate and push an OS update. Why would they rush? Why would the care at all?

Via CB10. Bits, C000C6078 for links to science and technology posts and world news.
    12-25-13 04:15 PM
    Yeah, I quit waiting a looong time ago. It just sucks because you know there are lots of people out there who don't even know what leaks even are... AT&T has a responsibility to bring these updates to the people. So yeah... Shame on them, for sure
    12-25-13 04:31 PM
    I understand, however it isn't just AT&T...it's all the US carriers unfortunately. Me thinks that rather than just single out AT&T like they are to blame for the delay with the OS updates to be pushed out, we all should collectively blame all the US carriers...just my opinion.

Bob
    12-25-13 04:56 PM
    I understand, however it isn't just AT&T...it's all the US carriers unfortunately. Me thinks that rather than just single out AT&T like they are to blame for the delay with the OS updates to be pushed out, we all should collectively blame all the US carriers...just my opinion.

Bob
    I agree we all know the US carriers suck and are worthless always behind the curve unless you are part of the IPhone or Andriod fan base. Even then they give you the run around but at least they get updates and response. Bottom line if you don't wish to side load apps or updates for BlackBerry just move to another platform all together. Other then that we are all in this together. I dispise US carriers but what can we do? Only other option is leave the States all together believe me I have contemplated this to but that is a whole other topic.

Posted via CB10
    12-26-13 08:10 PM
    I didn't wait for AT&T. Since I have an unlocked Z10, I picked up an un-activated Rogers (CA) SIM online for $6.

Swapped out the SIM's then presto, update to 2.1.0.249 was available!

After the update, popped my AT&T SIM back and I was good to go!

Posted via CB10
    12-27-13 11:08 PM
    I have an "unlocked Z30" from Verizon and am running it on ATT..... Am, currently, running 10.2.0.1233 and that is the most "updated OS version on ATT".... waiting on 10.2.1 - that is what we are all "really" waiting for because of its improvements and ability to load Android 4.2 Jellybean apps...

That is when this will get "very interesting".....

Close the App Gap...
    12-30-13 06:11 PM
    Okay, it's 2014. I was promised....."snicker".....10.2 by the end...."giggle "......of the year.....lol.....now the end of the.....LMAO....year has come and gone and still no 10.2. I was really expecting it from ATT....ROTFLMAO!

Posted via CB10
    Thewaxedworm likes this.
    01-01-14 04:10 AM
    I'm curious who made you this promise and didn't follow through? Yes there were rumors, but only from wishful thinkers I'm afraid. AT&T just like all the other US carriers will release the updated OS around their schedule sadly...all any of us can do is wait on them as always...

Bob

Posted With Either My BlackBerry Q10 Or Z10 On AT&T
    01-01-14 08:31 AM
    I'm curious who made you this promise and didn't follow through? Yes there were rumors, but only from wishful thinkers I'm afraid. AT&T just like all the other US carriers will release the updated OS around their schedule sadly...all any of us can do is wait on them as always...

Bob

Posted With Either My BlackBerry Q10 Or Z10 On AT&T
    Lol, I learned a long time ago, in dealing with ATT or BlackBerry, not to wait on, expect, or hope for anything to be delivered early or on time...and in some cases, at all.
    Oiram Asojonih likes this.
    01-01-14 10:33 AM
    Someone with a Q5 just got AT&T 10.2 update, OTA. Check the OS10 forum.
    01-02-14 10:42 PM
    Unlocked device, though, right?
    01-03-14 12:54 AM
    Unlocked device, though, right?
    I think so. Unlocked and without the SIM.

Posted via CB10
    01-03-14 11:19 AM
    I tweeted how frustrating it was to deal with AT&T about stuff like this. They replied apologizing and asking how could they help. I asked about 10.2.1 and they said they "have nothing to share". This kind of just pissed me off more.

Posted via Q10
    01-04-14 06:33 AM
    I tweeted how frustrating it was to deal with AT&T about stuff like this. They replied apologizing and asking how could they help. I asked about 10.2.1 and they said they "have nothing to share". This kind of just pissed me off more.

Posted via Q10
    Lol you gotta ask about 10.2 bro 10.2.1 isn't coming yet. But i tweeted AT&T about 10.2 and called and all they can say is......
    When is 10.2 coming to at&t-img_00008278.png

Posted via CB10
    Thewaxedworm likes this.
    01-06-14 12:30 PM
53 123