WiFi calling and VoLTE are both considered Enhanced Calling Features with AT&T for use only with AT&T sold and supported carrier locked devices. Mysteriously, the AT&T carrier sold and locked Space Black KEYone (and many other different OEM devices) aren’t supported with enhanced calling features anymore. Initially, with Nougat, this meant no support for WiFi calling. Once upgraded to Oreo, I could no longer find toggle for Enhanced Calling which is VoLTE only for KEYone. CSR and tech said it appears that VoLTE is no longer supported as well. Because of this, AT&T was kind enough to replace Micro Femto Tower for third issued replacement. Mini towers are no longer sold but supported for now. Once support drops anytime from after 12/31/2018, your support device list is very limited. Only IOS and two Android flagship brands appear to be supported in the fine print.

I’m posting this, as doesn’t appear there’s anything BBMo/TCL can do and shows deterioration of the ability to use factory unlocked devices with no limitations on carriers of your choice as well. This affects various carrier sold OEMs as well.
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    09-22-18 09:15 PM
    Carriers add so little value for the profits they take these days. I'm very close to going data only with VOIP for 100% of my phone service. I've been experimenting with it for a while and am cautiously optimistic.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    12-26-18 11:19 AM
    Does AT&T offer data only for a phone?
    03-16-19 06:51 PM
    Does AT&T offer data only for a phone?
    I don’t think so but what’s the point? Calls and Texting are literally free when prices with data portions of the complete plan... Like bundling internet, tv and landline. The data pipe will cost you more with everyone to lock in necessary profits. There’s no free or cheap lunch. Everybody has to eat and overhead to pay .
    03-16-19 06:58 PM
    An IPad can be added to a share plan for $1O a month for 1 gig. So, why not the same for a BlackBerry used only for email/web?
    03-16-19 07:01 PM
    An IPad can be added to a share plan for $1O a month for 1 gig. So, why not the same for a BlackBerry used only for email/web?
    I believe that’s a deal with Apple to support the sales of iPads through AT&T for device profits. AT&T won’t allow that with an extra iPhone you have.
    03-16-19 07:13 PM
    no. the device type has attributes that direct the biller to require certain things... like voice plan.
    04-23-19 11:08 PM