I recently purchased a Galaxy S from AT&T (good phone, but I want the torch) and then moved to a different area. Can I return my Galaxy S to a different AT&T store than a bought it (still within the 30 days)?
    08-10-10 10:00 AM
    You can only return your device for refund/exchange to the store it was purchased at (assuming it is a retailer, not an AT&T corporate store). If it is an AT&T corporate store, return it under the 30 day period, bring your drivers license with you (to prove you are the person on the bill) and you're ok to go.
    08-10-10 10:32 AM
    My wife bought her curve online, and then (when she decided that she didn't like the Curve and wanted a Bold) returned it to an ATT corporate store.
    08-10-10 10:39 AM
    You can only return your device for refund/exchange to the store it was purchased at (assuming it is a retailer, not an AT&T corporate store). If it is an AT&T corporate store, return it under the 30 day period, bring your drivers license with you (to prove you are the person on the bill) and you're ok to go.
    What about authorized retailers?
    08-10-10 11:05 AM
    Any Authorized Retailer will not take-in equipment not purchased from their location or linked to them. Exchanges can only be done at Points of Purchase or at AT&T corporate retail locations.
    08-10-10 11:31 AM
    Wouldn't hurt to try.

If the authorized retailer you purchased it from was a chain (Best Buy, Walmart, ect) and it is under 30 days since you bought it, you could more than likely return it there.
    08-10-10 11:33 AM
    Worstcase ATT Customer Service could help you via phone and handle it via shipping.

I will move this thread to the ATT Forum.
    08-10-10 11:38 AM
    Sounds like it is safest to just buy it at a Corporate store.
    08-10-10 11:48 AM
    Of course it is.
    08-10-10 12:14 PM
    I recently purchased a Galaxy S from AT&T (good phone, but I want the torch) and then moved to a different area. Can I return my Galaxy S to a different AT&T store than a bought it (still within the 30 days)?
    Actually false....I had purchased an iPhone 3GS (i know, i know...don't hate me) from the AT&T store here in Geneva, IL in December 2009. I went home for Holiday Break and decided I did not want it anymore. I had the receipt with me, and returned it to a store near my parent's house in Meriden, CT. I was within the 30 day window.
    08-10-10 03:37 PM
    buy at corporate=return at corporate
    buy at authorized retailer=return at authorized retailer (of same chain)

like pkcable said customer service can help if need be
    Last edited by edavies19; 08-10-10 at 09:51 PM. Reason: misspell
    08-10-10 09:50 PM
    Except the corporate stores are way over priced...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-28-10 07:28 PM
    Except the corporate stores are way over priced...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    we actually purchased our 4 9800 at a corp store..
    i got mine for $149.00 since i was the only one who upgraded..
    and my 2 brothers and Dad got theirs for $499 plus tax..

Best buy has it for $549 plus tax
    09-02-10 03:22 PM
    we actually purchased our 4 9800 at a corp store..
    i got mine for $149.00 since i was the only one who upgraded..
    and my 2 brothers and Dad got theirs for $499 plus tax..

Best buy has it for $549 plus tax
    I meant upgrade pricing is cheaper most anywhere other then a AT&T Corp Store.
    09-03-10 02:32 AM
    I meant upgrade pricing is cheaper most anywhere other then a AT&T Corp Store.
    Yeah and there is usually a hidden ETF fee with 3rd party retailers too...
    09-09-10 08:20 AM
    Yeah and there is usually a hidden ETF fee with 3rd party retailers too...
    Yes, because we can't lose money and just eat the cost of the handset if someone cancels. We have to buy the devices from AT&T and get the payout from AT&T each month to recoup the phone cost.
    09-09-10 11:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD