This is my first blackberry device and I so amazed at what this device can do. I spend every second of my time trying to get the best out of my device. For the past month I have seen how powerful and secure BlackBerry is. The problem with sales of BlackBerry in the US is the sales representatives. Majority of them have no idea on how to use the device and they always recommend what they use or what most people buy to new customers. Blackberry needs blackberry users as their sales representatives in the various stores. I have convinced over 10 of my friends to use the BBM, which they never knew was available in the apps store and google play; they just love and blackberry can over take the leading smart phones if they devise new marketing strategy.

Posted via CB10
    03-01-15 09:49 PM
    Congratulations on your first Blackberry device! I still remember my first Blackberry back in 2007. I think it's great you've been telling your friends about the Passport.

Anyways, I agree with the lack of training/knowledge of Blackberry devices in stores. The sales rep I dealt with when I recently went in to get my new phone not only had a clue but even had the nerve to scoff and condescendingly chuckle when I asked to see both Blackberry phones. He even admitted he had no experience whatsoever with any Blackberry device. Go figure. Great training program and management you have there, AT&T.

Posted via CB10
    03-01-15 10:28 PM
    For about two years, we've had members begging, pleading, berating, screaming for, etc, etc; Trying to get BlackBerry to do something to advertise, or do something about getting carriers up to speed on the BlackBerrys that have been released, and nearly all of it has fallen on deaf ears. It's a shame, really. It doesn't mean stop trying, it's just the state of affairs.
    Carjackd likes this.
    03-01-15 10:28 PM
    @Johberry:
    If I'm not mistaken, it's BlackBerry who should be providing the training. Apple and Samsung sends their reps and provide product updates/training diligently. So don't blame the salesperson if he/she didn't have any idea about BlackBerry products.
    03-01-15 10:59 PM
    @Johberry:
    If I'm not mistaken, it's BlackBerry who should be providing the training. Apple and Samsung sends their reps and provide product updates/training diligently. So don't blame the salesperson if he/she didn't have any idea about BlackBerry products.
    As someone who's worked in retail/sales for over ten years, I know enough that it is the company's responsibility to provide the knowledge and training for their staff on ALL products being sold in the store. And as a sales rep, if the company you work for does a ****-poor job as such, then personal initiative should be taken to familiarize oneself with at least basic knowledge in case a customer who knows nothing about the product does ask and wants more information. I acknowledge that not every sales rep out there does this or cares to do this. Regardless, yes, I can blame the salesperson if I want to being that I was salesperson myself. The salesperson was just lucky that I already knew about the product yet it was still unnecessary for him to discredit the product/company when he himself had no experience with Blackberry.

Moving on. Like I said initially in my previous post, I think it's great that the OP is satisfied enough with the new phone to pass a good word along to surrounding friends, family, acquaintances and such.
    Last edited by Johberry; 03-02-15 at 01:49 AM.
    03-02-15 01:07 AM