I got my new iPhone using my mother's upgrade, went to the AT&T store and they set it up for her line, the thing is that the phone is actually for me (I was not eligible for an upgrade so I used hers). Now what do I do? Do I switch the SIM card and call AT&T and ask them to switch the iPhone to my line and to connect my mother line back to her old phone??

HELP!
    06-20-09 09:42 PM
    I got my new iPhone using my mother's upgrade, went to the AT&T store and they set it up for her line, the thing is that the phone is actually for me (I was not eligible for an upgrade so I used hers). Now what do I do? Do I switch the SIM card and call AT&T and ask them to switch the iPhone to my line and to connect my mother line back to her old phone??

HELP!

What phone does your mother have. If you had an iphone before this 3GS, yes, you can put your SIM card in and it will be fine. As for your mother, her phone should be dead right now and it will need to be taken to AT&T store for new SIM to re-activate it on her line.
    06-20-09 10:31 PM
    Mom has my old curve 8310, that she just uses for the phone (she has no idea how to text or email on it), I had an iPhone 3G and now I have a Bold. Should I have just activated it on my line from the beginning to avoid having to go back to get a new sim? Is the sim that she had in her curve useless now or is there some way to reactivate it?? Thanks for your help.
    06-20-09 10:56 PM
    I have no idea, but I purchased an iPhone 3G S using my wife's. Did the swap and they deactivated my wife's SIM card. Luckily I still had the original one that came with my iPhone. I called AT&T customer care and they fixed it in a jiffy. Not sure if there is a cleaner way to do it.

Mom has my old curve 8310, that she just uses for the phone (she has no idea how to text or email on it), I had an iPhone 3G and now I have a Bold. Should I have just activated it on my line from the beginning to avoid having to go back to get a new sim? Is the sim that she had in her curve useless now or is there some way to reactivate it?? Thanks for your help.
    06-22-09 07:58 AM
    Hmm interesting, let me see what I can do. Thanks.
    06-22-09 10:35 AM
    Call customer care, or simply go to the store. They will do it for you. It's not like they are going to reprimand you for doing this. They don't really care. Nor does AT&T. AT&T just wants your money. As long as they get it, they are happy.

But, I think the best thing for YOU to do, would be to just simply go the store. Have your mom’s phone with you. Just explain what you did. It will be no biggie.
    06-22-09 10:58 AM
    That's what I'll do, thanks for everything.
    06-22-09 11:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD