Trying to get a consistent answer on whether a phone not bought from AT&T has VoLTE, WiFi calling etc.

How can I tell on my phone?
    02-26-18 08:48 AM
    Depends on the device, model, heck even the having the right varient. AT&T isn't really user friendly when it comes to adding unlocked devices to their network. Which device were you thinking of getting?
    02-26-18 09:21 AM
    As a matter of course, it's best to assume you won't get those "advanced features" from AT&T if the phone is not sold and branded by AT&T.

It doesn't matter that the phone is capable. It's simply a way for AT&T to say "you want those features, buy from us".
    02-26-18 09:32 AM
    I am trying to get the answer to the same question. Tech support advised me this weekend that as long as you are on a postpaid plan they can provision the phone - if capable - to get these services. I was specifically asking about the K1 Black 64gb phone.
    04-02-18 06:30 PM
    That's typically true of other Android devices. there seems to be some type of incompatibility between provisioning and these devices.

even if they manually provision, you won't get:
    - LTE-A
    - WiFi calling
    - Video calling
    - HD Voice

they may be able to get HD Voice turned on, but I very much doubt the rest of it.
    06-08-18 03:16 PM
    I am trying to get the answer to the same question. Tech support advised me this weekend that as long as you are on a postpaid plan they can provision the phone - if capable - to get these services. I was specifically asking about the K1 Black 64gb phone.
    Not true. I’m fighting with AT&T about this on their Carrier Sold and Locked Space Black KEYone. Only get enhanced calling VoLTE, that’s it. No WiFi calling or any other enhanced services. Because I need Wifi calling as they’ve killed off my Femto Micro Tower service, AT&T has offered me iPhone 6 for 1/2 price $99 down from $199 in lieu of supporting my KEYone.
    06-08-18 03:24 PM