Had the issue with my z10 and now with the Classic. I'm on the phone all day and when I send a text after being on a call for a while the call will sometimes drop. I switched back to my old curve for a couple weeks before getting the classic and didn't have these problems. Pretty sure this only started about six months ago.
    03-06-15 01:07 PM
    did you check with at&t ? seems to be a carrier issue
    03-06-15 04:37 PM
    I'm not sure I understand the sequence of events.

You're on a call.

You end the call.

You send a text.

At what point is a call dropped or cut off?

Understand that regular SMS texts uses the same mobile voice network that making an actual call uses. They can't be used at the same time.

Posted via CB10
    03-07-15 11:45 AM
    I can definitely send text while on a call, this isn't 2005. Most of the time my texts send fine without dropping the call, however sometimes after I've been on a call for a while, I'll send a text and the call will drop. Haven't called at&t yet, I don't like talking to them.
    03-10-15 11:22 AM
    Can't say I've ever tried to send a text while on a call. I do know that I can't receive a text while on a call until after I hang up - then the text comes through. Reason being that even though it's not 2005, the GSM based cell service for SMS and voice calls works just as it always has - the same line can't be used for two different things at the same time. MMS might since that uses the data connection. Also, once we get VoLTE, SMS can be sent and received in the clear whether we are on a call or not.

Posted via CB10
    03-10-15 11:34 AM
    I hate to tell you that you're wrong, but I'm on the phone for about 6 hours straight per day and I both send and receive texts the whole time. I've been doing that since I had my 8900.
    03-10-15 04:45 PM
    I have no problem being wrong. Happens a lot to me. I only know that I've had people send me texts while I was on a long call and I get nothing until I hang up. Then the texts come streaming in.

But, as I said, I never tried sending one out while on a call. Email, yes, but not a text. I don't use BBM, but I know that would work too.

Posted via CB10
    03-10-15 09:01 PM