03-01-15 06:16 AM
55 123
tools
    So my father-in-law has been holding on to his 9900 for so long.... I tried guys I really did... almost to a point to buy him an unlocked Classic at full price... but hopelessly waiting on f@&ckin AT&T!! Unfortunately he went in and guess what? He got sold on the iPhone 6.... it's just sad

My father-in-law has always said he would never see himself typing on glass.... the last guy I would have ever imagined leaving BlackBerry.

Damn AT&T! Why haven't they released the Classic and Passport yet?????? What's the excuse? Reason?

It's just so frustrating!

Posted via CB10
    callec39, edwinsberry and kthhrrsn like this.
    02-08-15 07:07 PM
    The same thing happened with my mother in law.

Posted via CB10
    02-08-15 07:09 PM
    Another one bites the dust...

Queen

Posted on My BlackBerry Z30
    02-08-15 07:11 PM
    So my father-in-law has been holding on to his 9900 for so long.... I tried guys I really did... almost to a point to buy him an unlocked Classic at full price... but hopelessly waiting on f@&ckin AT&T!! Unfortunately he went in and guess what? He got sold on the iPhone 6.... it's just sad

My father-in-law has always said he would never see himself typing on glass.... the last guy I would have ever imagined leaving BlackBerry.

Damn AT&T! Why haven't they released the Classic and Passport yet?????? What's the excuse? Reason?

It's just so frustrating!

Posted via CB10
    The z30 was the reason I left ATT , they never got it and I don't even think they have it and it's been more than a year since I left ATT .. Verizon had the Z30 and when I went in the store today since I purchased so many phones in the past year the guy asked me what I was getting next and I said I ordered the Blackberry Passport.. His response was... They still make devices ? I'm so glad they discontinued them here .. I laughed and said, you have no idea what you've missed out on , the Z30 is a much better device than the iPhone family and 95% of the android family.. Carriers don't really care what works, it's all about branding .. People love their iPhones and the simplicity they offer ..
    02-08-15 07:12 PM
    Lost my sister and brother in law same reason. Total bull **** Chen boy and AT&T

Posted via CB10
    02-08-15 07:14 PM
    Can't be AT&T's fault. Did they force him to buy it at gunpoint? Your father-in-law decided for himself.

If he doesn't like the iPhone, then help him sell it. You'll have more than enough cash to purchase the Classic.

Posted from a D618
    02-08-15 07:21 PM
    Can't be AT&T's fault. Did they force him to buy it at gunpoint? Your father-in-law decided for himself.

If he doesn't like the iPhone, then help him sell it. You'll have more than enough cash to purchase the Classic.

Posted from a D618
    You're missing the point.

Posted via CB10
    02-08-15 07:28 PM
    Just couldn't wait a little longer, eh. Hope he likes his new phone.
    Blacklatino likes this.
    02-08-15 07:29 PM
    You're missing the point.

Posted via CB10
    There's no point in whining. Too many of these threads here. Accept it and deal with it.

Posted from a D618
    Zeratul57 and tulsasdoubled like this.
    02-08-15 07:36 PM
    There's no point in whining. Too many of these threads here. Accept it and deal with it.

Posted from a D618
    Why did you post here in the first place? Bored?

Posted via CB10
    stevepar, BionicKris and shupor like this.
    02-08-15 07:46 PM

Posted from a D618
    That's the point, blackberry are being idiots making all their customers wait to ditch their legacy phones because of idiotic distribution. We wait and wait and wait and try and be loyal and all the get is frustration and eventually become I sheep. My gf is on her last leg waiting for a white classic... If the hold dies before it makes the light of day she will probably go i6 as well..
    02-08-15 08:30 PM
    Wow. Less than impressive response. AT&T is lagging and missing sales

Posted via CB10
    02-08-15 08:39 PM
    Exactly! And of course he made his own decision, but after months and months waiting for BlackBerry and AT&T, and his 9900 was dying, so he had to make a move soon.

So do you know what happens when someone looking for a BlackBerry walks into an AT&T store? The typical "BlackBerry who? Yeah they're out of business, have you checked out the new iPhone btw? " pitch.

So yes, it is AT&Ts fault in part as well as BlackBerry's imo for signing up on a suicide exclusive contract with the devil. They should at least make AT&T officially inform when they will release these devices to the public. Pressure them to release NOW! Enough waiting.

Posted via CB10
    leojzueg likes this.
    02-08-15 08:47 PM
    Why not get him the Q10 then ?
    02-08-15 08:54 PM
    Wow. Less than impressive response. AT&T is lagging and missing sales

Posted via CB10
    Not if someone buys an iPhone 6 instead.
    jmaxim917 and Witmen like this.
    02-08-15 08:57 PM
    Why not get him the Q10 then ?
    Same as most other BlackBerry customers holding on to their Legacy devices, not wanting to leave behind that toolbelt. Classic was they best option to get more people upgraded to BB10.

Posted via CB10
    Carterbits likes this.
    02-08-15 08:59 PM
    It's plain and simple. BlackBerry is going after markets where they can get more impact. Here in the US, there is no love from the media, Wallstreet, carriers and consumers. Everyone is using Android and iPhones. Verizon, Sprint, AT&T, and even T-MOBILE don't stock BlackBerry devices anymore. With that said, until BlackBerry comes out with something that will have people talking, they will never gain ground here in the States. Only us loyal BlackBerry users are fighting this war here. No one cares about BlackBerry anymore. They look at the ones that do as out of touch with the real world.

Where is this .

Make this happen and they will come.

Innovative is where it's at, where's BlackBerry innovation? Give the masses something they want. Something that they'll crave. Where is it BlackBerry, where is it?

Posted via CB10
    02-08-15 09:02 PM
    Not if someone buys an iPhone 6 instead.
    Go to sleep and get off my comments
    #BlackBerryPassport

Posted via CB10
    02-08-15 09:35 PM
    I believe most of the fault lies with AT&T. BB made their phones available on their site and on Amazon. They knew that carriers would not rust to offer them. AT&T came back and said to BB redesign the phone and we will carry it. Of course they are not in any hurry to sell them because every day they delay is a day where they can sell more IPHONE6 units. We all know AT&T has always been super slow to present anything Blackberry. They were slow with the Z10 and it's updates and they have been slow with anything since. BB cannot force another the carrier to place phones in their stores, that is why they came out from day one with direct purchases. If all of these people wanted BB so bad they could have paid full price or bought on Amazon on their payment plan. I do not know what people expect a phone manufacturer to do to force carriers to carry their phones.
    02-08-15 09:41 PM
    I love that logic... ATT messes up, so BlackBerry loses a customer, haha. That makes sense. Maybe tell him that those devices are all available directly though BlackBerry
    02-08-15 09:42 PM
    I believe most of the fault lies with AT&T. BB made their phones available on their site and on Amazon. They knew that carriers would not rust to offer them. AT&T came back and said to BB redesign the phone and we will carry it. Of course they are not in any hurry to sell them because every day they delay is a day where they can sell more IPHONE6 units. We all know AT&T has always been super slow to present anything Blackberry. They were slow with the Z10 and it's updates and they have been slow with anything since. BB cannot force another the carrier to place phones in their stores, that is why they came out from day one with direct purchases. If all of these people wanted BB so bad they could have paid full price or bought on Amazon on their payment plan. I do not know what people expect a phone manufacturer to do to force carriers to carry their phones.
    That is why BlackBerry should sell directly and not involve carrier support. The AT&T fiasco is a perfect example of why. The passport is a beautiful phone. Why did BlackBerry have to appease AT&T and round out the edges. It only delayed like you said. There is no law that says BlackBerry cannot use the antenna frequencies that the carriers are using and the carriers can not allow BlackBerry by doing so. The FCC would chew the carriers butts. Think about how many phones would have sold already? Think about all the updates coming directly from BlackBerry instead of the long process of the carriers to push those update.

Posted via CB10
    02-08-15 09:47 PM
    Well AT&T already put out a press release stating their version of the The Passport will be "made available through business channels only at launch" which is in line with the strategy of upgrading Enterprise users from BBOS to BlackBerry 10. It went on to say that The Passport "may eventually find its way to consumers". Ultimately seems like they weighing the risk of ordering too much inventory, so instead if you focus on business channels you wait for orders and then fill them. Let's hope it's not true but it was released directly from AT&T.
    02-08-15 10:15 PM
    Well AT&T already put out a press release stating their version of the The Passport will be "made available through business channels only at launch" which is in line with the strategy of upgrading Enterprise users from BBOS to BlackBerry 10. It went on to say that The Passport "may eventually find its way to consumers". Ultimately seems like they weighing the risk of ordering too much inventory, so instead if you focus on business channels you wait for orders and then fill them. Let's hope it's not true but it was released directly from AT&T.
    That sounds likely. I have high hopes that BB makes a comeback but I think we all have to realize it will take awhile.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    02-08-15 10:18 PM
    That is why BlackBerry should sell directly and not involve carrier support. The AT&T fiasco is a perfect example of why. The passport is a beautiful phone. Why did BlackBerry have to appease AT&T and round out the edges. It only delayed like you said. There is no law that says BlackBerry cannot use the antenna frequencies that the carriers are using and the carriers can not allow BlackBerry by doing so. The FCC would chew the carriers butts. Think about how many phones would have sold already? Think about all the updates coming directly from BlackBerry instead of the long process of the carriers to push those update.

Posted via CB10
    It is already possible to use the current Passport on AT&T if you don't mind paying an off contract price. Same with the Classic. Not sure about T-Mobile but with Verizon and Sprint you are probably out of luck.
    callec39 and 1raygin like this.
    02-08-15 11:24 PM
    Really.... time to face facts...BB has said and is showing they simply do not care about the consumer market...the carriers do not care as they more than make up lost BB sales with Apple... so consumers need to start to ask why should they?
    02-08-15 11:37 PM
55 123