I would like to hear from people with current or recent experience using a BB10 phone with AT&T, especially with regard to any of the following functions:

- WiFi hotspot / tethering for using mobile data on laptop
    - VoLTE

NOTE: I am, sadly, aware of the EOL and related limitations and uncertainties inherent in the use of any device running BB10 at this point. I am nonetheless determined to attempt to continue doing so for as long as I can for the following reasons:

1.) The only absolutely critical functions for me from a mobile phone at the present time are voice calling; SMS text messaging; and use of the phone as a WiFi hotspot (to connect laptop running Linux). For such basic functions, the odds of being able to continue reliably using a BB10 phone for at least a considerable amount of time past the end of this year would, it seems to me, appear reasonably favorable.

2.) I am not ready to take the plunge into using either Android or an iPhone. (I am open to the idea of using a highly-modified version of Android, stripped of the numerous components that make Android Google spyware by default. I am aware, however, that to do that is hardly a simple or easy matter ever and may not even be possible on a Blackberry device.)

3.) The Blackberry experience, both the physical form with the keyboard as well as the OS, is familiar and relatively comfortable for me. I am loathe to leave it for any of the alternatives that are presently available.
    07-05-19 12:50 PM
    @TrumpetTiger I answered some AT&T specific questions in another thread for this OP but perhaps you’ve got some additional insight...
    07-05-19 09:41 PM
    @TrumpetTiger I answered some AT&T specific questions in another thread for this OP but perhaps you’ve got some additional insight...
    Thanks for the handoff Chuck!

@Britt Ponset

All of the functions you mention should be totally available on BB10 phones with all carriers for the foreseeable future, including AT&T. I'm completely with you on your reasons for not switching to Android or iOS, and agree with your sentiments on Google's spyware built into Android. (I'd further argue it is NOT possible given Google's deep involvement in the AOSP and is certainly not doable on a Blackberry-branded Android device.)

Hotspots and VoLTE should be totally safe for quite some time, as will every Blackberry 10 function and service with the exception of Blackberry World. Let me know if you have any additional questions or concerns and I'll be happy to help as best I can.
    07-05-19 10:03 PM