So I just came from the AT&T store and was going to purchase the Passport on a 2 year contract, little did I know that my current plan doesn't work well with 2 year contracts. They would have wanted me to pay $25 more each month for 24 months... on top of the upfront $200 I'd have to cough up. I didn't know my plan was set like this.. I waited all this time for this deal and now I can't get it.

I might just have to get a used Passport from Craigslist, someone is selling one for $400. Not sure when there would be a price drop.
    02-20-15 04:18 PM
    Can't you get it from ATT without long contract? Or, get on contract and buy out the contract after first month?
    02-20-15 06:06 PM
    Not sure I understand...The $199 up front is for a two year contract and the next 24 is for the monthly plane of $21 a month. Its either or. One does not have to do with the other. So not sure what your talking about. I for one will be getting the PP on a two year contract as I'm Happy with AT&T.
    02-20-15 06:08 PM
    I'm on a family plan of four(2 basics and 2 smartphones) and I pay $15 for each smartphone(2) each month, and if I were to get a 2 year contract, I would need to pay $25 more for the smartphone each month. So essentially, $25 x 24months = $600, plus the $200 for the contract, that is $800...
    If I chose the Next plan, for whatever amount of months, that would still be more expensive than the original Passport.
    I'd rather just get the original instead.
    02-20-15 06:17 PM
    Yeah, it's b.s. Att basically eliminated upgrades as we know them and hardly anyone noticed.

It goes like this: if you are on a mobile share value plan then you are currently receiving a $25/mo line discount (that I am sure no one knows they are receiving), if you upgrade with the 2 year option then you lose your $25/mo discount. It's ********. It's like they are making you pay the same cost as att next plans but without any of the benefits and there is no way for you to subsidize the phone and not pay at a minimum an additional $25/month period.

I bought mine outright because of it. When you try to buy one outright they make you jump through a ton of hoops. You have to give them id, last 4 of the planholders social and login to the my att web app in front of them then they have to take the sim card out of your old phone, open your new phone for you, place the sim card inside and make sure that the phone number connected to the sim is the same as the one you logged into the my att app with. If you can't do any of those things they refuse to sell you the phone.

Posted via CB10
    02-20-15 06:43 PM
    Yeah, it's b.s. Att basically eliminated upgrades as we know them and hardly anyone noticed.

It goes like this: if you are on a mobile share value plan then you are currently receiving a $25/mo line discount (that I am sure no one knows they are receiving), if you upgrade with the 2 year option then you lose your $25/mo discount. It's ********. It's like they are making you pay the same cost as att next plans but without any of the benefits and there is no way for you to subsidize the phone and not pay at a minimum an additional $25/month period.

I bought mine outright because of it. When you try to buy one outright they make you jump through a ton of hoops. You have to give them id, last 4 of the planholders social and login to the my att web app in front of them then they have to take the sim card out of your old phone, open your new phone for you, place the sim card inside and make sure that the phone number connected to the sim is the same as the one you logged into the my att app with. If you can't do any of those things they refuse to sell you the phone.

Posted via CB10
    Exactly. I thought it was completely greedy of them to do this. No way would I have gone with that. I just bought an original Passport for $375, so I am happy at that.
    02-20-15 09:00 PM