So here's my issue, maybe someone here has a similar situation and/or can help. I was a Verizon customer for 20+ years but simply could not resist ordering the Passport. Thus, my options were AT&T and T-Mobile. AT&T service in my area is unequivocally better. Unfortunately my home is dead zone for AT&T and T-Mobile. Thus, snatch up a 4G Microcell Tower and problem solved. Calls will easily sent and received while in my home as long as I'm within range of the Microcell. Here's the issue though. Will the Passport be able to be connected to my WiFi while also connected to the Microcell. For example, if I'm on WiFi looking through BlackBerry and someone tries to call me, will my phone remain connected to the Microcell Tower while I'm on the internet connected to WiFi. My assumption would be yes, but with the $$$ I'm shelling out between the Passport, Verizon termination, and Microcell Tower, I'd like to be certain. If this won't work, I'd probably sell the Passport or return it unfortunately...thanks for any help anyone can offer!
    11-06-14 04:15 PM
    Yes you can use/be on both at the same time. It's great too, the reception is terrible at my house and having the Microcell helps a ton

Posted via CB10
    anon6040766 likes this.
    11-06-14 04:26 PM
    Yes you can use/be on both at the same time. It's great too, the reception is terrible at my house and having the Microcell helps a ton

Posted via CB10
    Did you have to pay for your Microcell? I've heard both yes and no.
    11-06-14 05:59 PM
    Did you have to pay for your Microcell? I've heard both yes and no.
    Technically we did have to pay ($100), but they credited it towards our next bill so it was kind of free.

Posted via CB10
    anon6040766 likes this.
    11-06-14 06:27 PM
    Credits for MicroCells have always been forbidden. People were risking their jobs giving those credits. AT&T is cracking down severely on all credits of any sort, and monitoring supervisors regularly.
    11-09-14 04:25 AM
    We also live in a dead spot, but with both at&t and Tmo excellent literally two miles away (So. Cali). My son asked for a microcell and at&t gave it to him for free. Problem is he can't take it with him. I don't mean, Europe, I mean in another building on our property. Or even in the house -- has a lot to do with here he decided to put it, though. (I'm on a Z10 and wife has a legacy something BBerry. We're both on wifi-calling (Tmo) which works so long as there's a wifi signal.)
    11-09-14 08:33 AM
    Get a used on on ebay and save some $$$

Posted via CB10
    12-06-14 02:20 PM