Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
    And if BlackBerry has any plans to resupply inventory.
    John Albert likes this.
    08-04-19 09:59 PM
    And if BlackBerry has any plans to resupply inventory.
    Unfortunately the answers we want aren't forthcoming.

All anyone knows is that the KEY² is currently sold out in the US.
    08-04-19 10:07 PM
    and LE. I am making a story suggestion and yes, its worthy of coverage by CB
    08-04-19 10:09 PM
    Absolutely agree but given CrackBerry is sponsored by BlackBerry Mobile they will never come out in any publicity that can be interpreted as negative.
    08-05-19 12:30 AM
    Absolutely agree but given CrackBerry is sponsored by BlackBerry Mobile they will never come out in any publicity that can be interpreted as negative.
    Well, they advertised Titan frequently.
    Paulelmar18 likes this.
    08-05-19 01:49 AM
    Well, they advertised Titan frequently.
    Difference in reporting on something and actively promoting it.
    08-05-19 07:37 AM
    You may be right, but since TCL doesn't respond to inquiries, the article will be this:

"KEY² and KEY² LE devices are currently out of stock in the US. BBMo has not provided us with any information relevant to the matter. The end."
    08-05-19 08:20 AM
    You may be right, but since TCL doesn't respond to inquiries, the article will be this:

"KEY² and KEY² LE devices are currently out of stock in the US. BBMo has not provided us with any information relevant to the matter. The end."
    according to ebay offers from Mediamarkt/Saturn in Germany, Key2 is EOL...
    Attached Thumbnails CB should cover K2 sold out in US-unbenannt.jpg  
    08-06-19 02:55 PM
    according to ebay offers from Mediamarkt/Saturn in Germany, Key2 is EOL...
    I think all of the pre -5xx variants are EOL in the EU. That's why they brought out a swath of brand new variants there - to comply with the new anti-trust rules.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...gid=1381535354
    m_santos likes this.
    08-06-19 03:01 PM
    Difference in reporting on something and actively promoting it.
    For such a small company like Unihertz, it doesn't matter whether it is promoted, only discussed or even put down. It definitely attracts attention.
    08-06-19 03:37 PM
    I think all of the pre -5xx variants are EOL in the EU. That's why they brought out a swath of brand new variants there - to comply with the new anti-trust rules.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...gid=1381535354
    Please, can you tell me your source or post a link to it? Also the pre 5xx models were officially sold about three weeks ago (MediaMarkt, Amazon).
    08-06-19 04:31 PM
    Please, can you tell me your source or post a link to it? Also the pre 5xx models were officially sold about three weeks ago (MediaMarkt, Amazon).
    I have no source, it's just what I think based on the information.

The -5xx series appeared just after the anti-trust requirements came into effect, the devices only have EU signatures & ECIDs, and the same regions are being duplicated from the pre -5xx EU variants.
    08-06-19 05:30 PM

The -5xx series appeared just after the anti-trust requirements came into effect, the devices only have EU signatures & ECIDs, and the same regions are being duplicated from the pre -5xx EU variants.
    Logic and educated reasoning isn’t enough to form your own independent opinions. Verified, documented official press releases can only be considered once examined for authenticity then published for the unenlightened mortals such as us...
    John Albert likes this.
    08-06-19 06:06 PM
    Logic and educated reasoning isn’t enough to form your own independent opinions. Verified, documented official press releases can only be considered once examined for authenticity then published for the unenlightened mortals such as us...
    It would seem.
    08-06-19 06:12 PM
    Well, let's just say this brand name can't afford any more bad publicity...
    08-06-19 09:52 PM
    Well, let's just say this brand name can't afford any more bad publicity...
    Why not? They have nothing to sell anyway.
    08-06-19 11:32 PM
    Why not? They have nothing to sell anyway.
    In the US.
    08-06-19 11:50 PM

That could have been an explanation.

But according to the feedback from various buyers of a KE all pre 5xx models seem to have been sold and produced at least for the German market. There are two different PRD numbers (009 and 539) for the last production batches of KEY2.
    08-07-19 12:41 AM
    Would you bite the hand that feeds? Android Central's embedded apps and constant news about Amazon is so effing irritating. I hate going to AC for that reason. If CB has to play nice with TCL in return for no ads or stupid Amazon related posts, then so be it.
    08-07-19 12:10 PM
    Would you bite the hand that feeds? Android Central's embedded apps and constant news about Amazon is so effing irritating. I hate going to AC for that reason. If CB has to play nice with TCL in return for no ads or stupid Amazon related posts, then so be it.
    While I do agree with the fewer ads here compared with AC, iMore and WC, I feel that CB has the latitude to be critical of BBMo and have been . As others point out, being critical doesn’t mean that CB needs to support users personal agendas since they’re so diverse.
    08-07-19 12:26 PM
    While I do agree with the fewer ads here compared with AC, iMore and WC, I feel that CB has the latitude to be critical of BBMo and have been . As others point out, being critical doesn’t mean that CB needs to support users personal agendas since they’re so diverse.
    I do not recall a single occasions of CrackBerry being critical of BlackBerry Mobile.
    the_boon likes this.
    08-07-19 12:30 PM
    I do not recall a single occasions of CrackBerry being critical of BlackBerry Mobile.
    There have been articles that mention the positive and negative situations that affect users. I don’t recall CB ever really being overly critical since that’s more editorial than reporting.
    08-07-19 12:37 PM
    There have been articles that mention the positive and negative situations that affect users. I don’t recall CB ever really being overly critical since that’s more editorial than reporting.
    Is that somewhere in the editor job description?

Chris Umiastowski use to "report" on the business aspects for BlackBerry... and give us some analyst on BlackBerry's quarterly reports. He was very positive (overly maybe) on BlackBerry for a while, but the reality set in and even he started to see the truth. But there were some here that weren't very tolerant of the truth...

It's one thing for some "users" to be critical of BlackBerry...

Why Keven went a way I suspect...
    08-08-19 07:43 AM