Hello,

I have an unlocked BB Storm 9550 on a BB 5 OS. I'm using Windows 7 and desktop manager 7.1. I currently stuck on step 2 as my desktop manager does not have "back and restore" that is mentioned. How can I get around this and complete the steps?

Thank you
    07-16-13 01:58 AM
    For everyone who's looking at this now and saying, "Where's Back up and Restore>Advanced"??? for step 2, well I have Desktop Manager 7 and after some searching, this is what I did to load the service books. First, move the .ipd file to your Blackberry backup file (Mine is Documents/Blackberry/Backup, that's probably the default) then in Desktop Manager, go to Device in the upper left, and click Restore (at this point you will see where your backup file is, if it's not Documents/Blackberry/Backup). Find the Service Books file and select it. Then choose Select device data and settings. Pick service books (it was my only choice) and hit restore, then hit Yes. Then you can go back to Step 3!! It seems to have worked for me, I got my MMS working.
    08-07-13 01:43 PM
    hi
    i have DESKTOP version 7.0 i cant backup and restore>advance plz help me here
    11-22-13 12:16 PM
    Im new so i hope someone will see this despite the extremely old thread. Anyway i was just having issues with step #2 using a tour 9630. It appears the DM has changed its settings and options because i cant find "back up and restore" (only "back up" ;"restore") and it appears when i click on either of them i do not have a left and right box as described where i can add in the service book. Essentially i just need guidance as to how i add the service book to the phone
    07-07-15 09:13 PM
    ive done everything needed to the last word and no i still dont have working internet. Blackberry storm 9530 unlocked using straight talk on AT&T network
    09-16-15 11:28 PM
    Put the att staright talk apn in.
    09-17-15 10:54 PM
3,056 ... 121122123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD