Well I used Blackberry Storm for long time and I made a small comparison with iPhone 3Gs. I used iPhone 3Gs for few weeks but I hate it I can say that Storm is iPhone Killer for surly!

Blackberry Storm Vs iPhone 3Gs Comparison

What's your thoughts on this?
    07-27-09 09:14 AM
    Your comparisons are flawed, you are often comparing different things, or they are just incorrect. such as:

Size and weight: similar to iphone, isn't a size and weight, and forces someone to leave to find the iphones size and weight, at which point they won't bother reading your comparison

Display: OLED Multitouch/True Press Technology, aren't comparable. Display should show screen size/resolution/colour depth. True Press Technology should be on the keyboard/input.

Keyboard: Storm has QWERTY (Portrait/Landscape) Multitouch/Suretype.

Bluetooth: You give more details on the iPhones than the Storms

Wi-fi: Storm has no wifi

Expandable memory: Storm can actually support 32 or even 64GB I believe, when its available

Not to mention the comparison does little more than someone could achieve in browsing for 2 minutes could do, with more accurate information.
    07-27-09 09:25 AM
    Thanks Sir to point out things, I am making more detail comparison now.
    07-27-09 10:47 AM
    ah... like comparing a horse and a rooster...
    07-27-09 10:59 AM
    He He. But some Apple fans love iPhones.
    07-27-09 11:27 AM
    yeah there's alot of incorrectness in that blog.

iPhone's dont have OLED screens, the 3GS has an oleophobic coating on it's screen, Storm does not have WIFI, it also doesnt have a 32MP camera, The Storm is far from "full" HTML, the iPhone does not have an FM tuner, The Storm is a QUAD band phone, and the price of the Storm has been known for a long time now..basically since it was released months ago.
    07-27-09 12:00 PM
    First of you seriously need to correct your grammar and spelling, it is unreadable at points.

Second you make the mistake that many non business users make regarding business phones, to paraphrase you "Professionals and business people need ........ ultra modern features." Actually most business users do not want cutting edge stuff, we want solid, bug free stuff.

When sending an E-mail:
    I Care - that it arrives timely and correctly
    I Don't Care - If it has moving smiley faces or a pretty background.

When sending a BBM message:
    I Care - that it properly shows when the user has received and read it.
    I Don't Care - if I can see the persons mood or a picture of them.

Storing Info:
    I Care - it is properly secured and can be remotely wiped.
    I Don't care - if I move through memos by swiping my finger across the screen vs. hitting a button.

I think you get the idea, if you are comparing phones or any device for business and professional use these are the things you need to look at. Yes you need to list the hard specs too as noted, but your review makes it sound like you just Googled the info and never spent any real time with either phone.

The storm was a great competitor to the iPhone, but seriously the whole type on an onscreen keyboard concept is not for a true business phone, you simply can't type out a long e-mail as fast as with a true keyboard. And yes I carried a BB 8330 and an iPhone 3G at the same time for a year. I routed my work E-mail to my personal BB because I could work faster.
    Last edited by UnifiedTechs; 07-27-09 at 12:09 PM.
    07-27-09 12:04 PM
    First of you seriously need to correct your grammar and spelling, it is unreadable at points.

Second you make the mistake that many non business users make regarding business phones, to paraphrase you "Professionals and business people need ........ ultra modern features." Actually most business users do not want cutting edge stuff, we want solid, bug free stuff.

When sending an E-mail:
    I Care - that it arrives timely and correctly
    I Don't Care - If it has moving smiley faces or a pretty background.

When sending a BBM message:
    I Care - that it properly shows when the user has received and read it.
    I Don't Care - if I can see the persons mood or a picture of them.

Storing Info:
    I Care - it is properly secured and can be remotely wiped.
    I Don't care - if I move through memos by swiping my finger across the screen vs. hitting a button.

I think you get the idea, if you are comparing phones or any device for business and professional use these are the things you need to look at. Yes you need to list the hard specs too as noted, but your review makes it sound like you just Googled the info and never spent any real time with either phone.

The storm was a great competitor to the iPhone, but seriously the whole type on an onscreen keyboard concept is not for a true business phone, you simply can't type out a long e-mail as fast as with a true keyboard. And yes I carried a BB 8330 and an iPhone 3G at the same time for a year. I routed my work E-mail to my personal BB because I could work faster.
    Oh Sorry Sir,

I am bit weak on it, I will correct it.
    07-28-09 09:41 AM
    Yes I agree that you need to be have detiled information as this are common things which we can find anywhere! For me iPhone phones always suck as I hate it.
    08-01-09 10:12 AM
    Size and Weight
    • Storm: 112 x 62.2 x 14 mm, 155 grams
    • iPhone: 115.5 by 62.1 by 12.3 mm, 135 grams
    Display
    • iPhone display is not OLED
    • Storm technology is called SurePress
    Bluetooth
    • Should have stated that the Storm has v2.0 with A2DP
    Data
    • Both phones are Quad Band GSM not Tri Band
    FM
    • iPhone does not have an FM tuner
    Turn-By-Turn Navigation
    • Neither phone offers real-time turn-by-turn navigation

If journalism is something you want to do, you must correct your grammar and do your homework. It took time to put your site together so I don't want to discourage you, but this was a poor effort. You could have gotten accurate facts from any number of websites. Keep working at it.
    08-01-09 10:55 AM
    Size and Weight
    • Storm: 112 x 62.2 x 14 mm, 155 grams
    • iPhone: 115.5 by 62.1 by 12.3 mm, 135 grams
    Display
    • iPhone display is not OLED
    • Storm technology is called SurePress
    Bluetooth
    • Should have stated that the Storm has v2.0 with A2DP
    Data
    • Both phones are Quad Band GSM not Tri Band
    FM
    • iPhone does not have an FM tuner
    Turn-By-Turn Navigation
    • Neither phone offers real-time turn-by-turn navigation

If journalism is something you want to do, you must correct your grammar and do your homework. It took time to put your site together so I don't want to discourage you, but this was a poor effort. You could have gotten accurate facts from any number of websites. Keep working at it.
    Thanks for point out the information. I will use your information it. I hope it will not caused any porblems!
    08-02-09 10:02 AM
    I'd take the iPhone. The iPhone is the best non-BB device on the market. The Storm has a bad on-screen keyboard. One of the big things for me about the iPhone keyboard is that the letters pop up. I type irregular terms and words often. The Storm's keyboard is mediocre because there is a selection (blue highlight) when you type, but what good is it when your finger is covering the highlight? The iPhone also operates smoother and it's a great product. I'd be using an iPhone if BlackBerrys didn't exist. The only reason I would recommend a Storm is if they absolutely needed the touchscreen and they needed a BB.
    08-02-09 11:59 AM
    I'd take the iPhone. The iPhone is the best non-BB device on the market. The Storm has a bad on-screen keyboard. One of the big things for me about the iPhone keyboard is that the letters pop up. I type irregular terms and words often. The Storm's keyboard is mediocre because there is a selection (blue highlight) when you type, but what good is it when your finger is covering the highlight? The iPhone also operates smoother and it's a great product. I'd be using an iPhone if BlackBerrys didn't exist. The only reason I would recommend a Storm is if they absolutely needed the touchscreen and they needed a BB.
    Well you have points but in our local market, we iPhone is useless phones as we have many limitation due to no 3G permission yet so Blackberry works perfect for us.
    08-03-09 09:56 AM
    I would take a Iphone anyday over a storm
    08-03-09 01:38 PM
    I would take a Iphone anyday over a storm
    Well it depends on person needs and use, If people like iPhone with some cool features then it will be good for them.
    08-04-09 09:15 AM
    A jail broke Iphone mops the floor with a storm any day!! If I weren't under contract with my storm I would have one.. But I have to say that a jail broke Iphone 3g with the 3.1 software murders the storm also, there is really no comparison. Further more, it's the gap between the two is getting so large that's it's almost worth it ( for me ) to pay to break my contract with verizon and switch to the Iphone.
    08-06-09 07:04 AM
    A jail broke Iphone mops the floor with a storm any day!! If I weren't under contract with my storm I would have one.. But I have to say that a jail broke Iphone 3g with the 3.1 software murders the storm also, there is really no comparison. Further more, it's the gap between the two is getting so large that's it's almost worth it ( for me ) to pay to break my contract with verizon and switch to the Iphone.
    Well it may be your case, believe me we are happy with Strom, as we have no support system for iPhone phones here in my country.
    08-06-09 11:06 AM
    In this instance I would have to say the Iphone wins because I don't know much about the STROM!

Now I think that the Storm is better than the iphone but ahaon don't know much about the STROM.

Lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-06-09 11:22 AM
    How so????
    08-06-09 11:25 AM

It is not a fair comparison, Verizon does not offer a high end smart phone currently, we will have to wait for the Pre.
    08-06-09 11:25 AM
    I hate Itunes and I had a jailbroken Itouch and I am sure the Iphone from what I have seen demoing it is almost the same. There are only two things I see that the Iphone has on the storm. One is WIFI the storm should have this but it doesn't. Two is the app store. I think for me the biggest thing the storm has on the Iphone is true multitasking. Again not bashing the Iphone and stating my opinion I prefer the blackberry.
    08-06-09 12:01 PM
    so is this a legit comparison or just you trying to direct traffic to your site
    08-06-09 12:47 PM
    so is this a legit comparison or just you trying to direct traffic to your site
    He hasn't edited the "Strom" specs, so I bet it's to just get traffic.
    08-06-09 12:52 PM
    It is not a fair comparison, Verizon does not offer a high end smart phone currently, we will have to wait for the Pre.
    I really enjoy your negative comments on the Storm. It makes me wonder though, who is the least capable at correcting problems. RIM (who appears to have fixed the majority of real or percieved problems) or you, for keeping a phone that you truly despise for over 7 months. It must be the lack of grey matter, LOL.
    08-06-09 01:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD