Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
    If so that's a damn shame, I'm actually quite a fan of it.
    05-17-09 01:53 AM
    No. It's going to have TruePress... Whatever that is going to end up being. A lot of people have speculated saying that it won't actually click anymore which I think is a shame. BGR is right, that was the biggest selling point of the Storm. I really hope they don't discontinue it. I hope TruePress is just an improvement of SurePress.
    05-17-09 01:53 AM
    I don't know why this is in the 9630 thread.
    05-17-09 01:56 AM
    A mod moved it from BB discussion to this :|

Also, any chance of the phone coming out before September? I want to get a new phone before I head off to college...
    05-17-09 01:58 AM
    A mod moved it from BB discussion to this :|

Also, any chance of the phone coming out before September? I want to get a new phone before I head off to college...
    Since RIM had the leaked pics removed and didn't seem to mind about other leaked pics of other devices that are coming out soon, I'm going to venture out a guess that we won't see it too soon. I think September would be too early.
    05-17-09 02:03 AM
    Since RIM had the leaked pics removed and didn't seem to mind about other leaked pics of other devices that are coming out soon, I'm going to venture out a guess that we won't see it too soon. I think September would be too early.

I mean personally I would think more like a november/december release kind of another holiday type thing. That is just speculation. I do want to say that I think Surepress is freaking awesome and I don't know why they wouldn't just improve on it. Like that was one of the really sweet things I liked about the Storm coming from the apple deal...

I think that the technology was maybe a bit premature but could definetly maybe make a better button underneith?

Once you get used to it I really wouldn't want my touch screen any other way..
    05-17-09 02:14 AM
    I agree. Surepress should be improved upon. But I'm still open to new ideas, just as long as there is some kind of feedback

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-17-09 05:28 AM
    true press could just have more "click sensors/buttons beneith the screen.

this MIGHT speed up typing speed.
    05-18-09 10:57 AM
    there is no internal discussion for testing this new device with VZW...the release roadmap is 18 months out. so unless they're just not telling anyone, even internally, then idk what to tell you lot...idk why i used that particular choice of words...just struck me as humorous at the time.
    05-18-09 12:18 PM
    true press could just have more "click sensors/buttons beneith the screen.

this MIGHT speed up typing speed.
    Yea, I'm thinking the change would be moreso along these lines. Not an overall change. There's no need for that.

As a person who loves surepress, I can definitely say that it would be nicer with more than one button...i just dont know how that would affect the quality of touch screen in other areas of the phone, ya know. Not all screens are laid out like the keyboard. he11, not all keyboards are laid out the same!
    Last edited by shaydakiss23; 05-18-09 at 02:43 PM.
    05-18-09 12:23 PM
    Hmm, yes and no.
    05-18-09 02:25 PM
    im curious
    05-18-09 06:26 PM
    im curious
    no you're not. you're just a stalker
    05-18-09 06:38 PM
    am not! shameless claims..
    05-18-09 06:39 PM
    Its weird that pictures would surface, and the ceo would announce that its coming but saying its not on the verizon roadmap doesn't mean a thing because who said its going to verizon
    05-18-09 07:16 PM
    Its weird that pictures would surface, and the ceo would announce that its coming but saying its not on the verizon roadmap doesn't mean a thing because who said its going to verizon
    i've asked that question many, many times and all i get is "do some digging and you'll find that its already been confirmed"....

whatever. i don't believe any of it until i see the device live in action, either in testing or released from a carrier.
    05-18-09 07:17 PM
    That's true, but weren't the 9500 and 9530 announced simultaneously? I'd think the 9700/9730 would be too (assuming that's what they call the Storm 2) unless it's going to be GSM only, ala Bold; but I can't see the Storm 2 being GSM only when the Storm is CDMA/GSM
    05-18-09 10:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD