Do you ALWAYS have to do a wipe before you update your firmware?

Also, is it necessary to do on a new device? Mine has .65

And yes, I tried searching... well
    12-24-08 04:12 PM
    Do you ALWAYS have to do a wipe before you update your firmware?

Also, is it necessary to do on a new device? Mine has .65

And yes, I tried searching... well
    I've done a Wipe everytime. But im wondering the same thing. What does it help?
    12-24-08 06:53 PM
    No, you do not have to wipe every time. In fact theres some who never do. It's about preference. If you're new to your device, I don't suggest it. Just go ahead and upgrade or downgrade and forget wiping. I only suggest wiping every 3 or 4 upgrades.
    12-24-08 07:01 PM
    No, you do not have to wipe every time. In fact theres some who never do. It's about preference. If you're new to your device, I don't suggest it. Just go ahead and upgrade or downgrade and forget wiping. I only suggest wiping every 3 or 4 upgrades.
    CX this is where I am confused. When you all say to wipe, do you mean checking off that setting in DM or using a program like JL_Cmdr first?

Also, when you backup in DM, wipe, upgrade, reload the backup...doesn't that defeat the purpose of the wipe (putting old settings back on a wiped device?)

Thanks
    12-24-08 08:48 PM
    Wipe with jl cmder. The wipe can get rid of some of the bugs but like cx said it is not necessary every time.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-25-08 11:48 AM
    Erm, doesn't the desktop manager wipe before as well, or it this just a settings thing?

Would disconnecting after the apps get loaded, but before the settings get re-loaded achieve the same result?
    12-25-08 12:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD