Can you wipe a password protected phone?

My wife has put a password in her phone and can't remember it. Duh!

Mel
    Last edited by crackberrymel; 05-03-09 at 11:31 AM.
    05-03-09 11:17 AM
    Once you exceed the threshold of password attempts, the device will wipe itself to factory settings.
    05-03-09 11:20 AM
    If you keep trying to access the phone, eventually, it will wipe itself and you can go from there. I think you get 10 tries then it removes all of the users data. At that point, you could wipe it and install whatever OS you wanted.
    05-03-09 11:20 AM
    Thx!

10char
    05-03-09 11:31 AM
    This is a bad feature IMHO! what if your phone gets stolen then they have a free MP3 player and phone that they can unlock and use on tmo or ATT and they have all data stored on memory card
    05-03-09 11:35 AM
    If your phone is stolen, report it to your carrier. They will disable the phone function. I don't know that there is anything the carrier can do about the Media card.
    05-03-09 12:54 PM
    this is why i love blackberries and bes...

if your wife is on a bes, just ask the admin to reset the password. that way no need to wipe all the info.

if your phone is stolen and you're on a bes, have the bes admin lock or wipe. you can also set a message on the screen for reward if found or a message stating that theft is a crime and the police are tracking this phone.

for the memory card...out of luck.
    05-03-09 01:34 PM
    This is a bad feature IMHO! what if your phone gets stolen then they have a free MP3 player and phone that they can unlock and use on tmo or ATT and they have all data stored on memory card
    This is a security feature implemented long ago due to widespread BB use for government. Phone basically does a complete factory wipe after 10 (default setting) failed attempts to prevent sensitive data from leaking. (memory card is unaffected by this process).
    05-03-09 05:42 PM
    The 10 attempts works great, then resets itself... good thing since I got this 8310 off Ebay and I do a rehousing and refurbish anyways... Thanks
    06-07-10 06:12 PM
    My Blackberry Z10 was lock by my girlfriend with her blackberry ID so can admin wipe for me. Pls, Newman
    10-08-18 04:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD