Phone's bricked.

No screen display, red led burning. Nothing. Was out of the room and came back and found an error message saying "no disk" and there were the options to "cancel" or try again. I hit cancel.

Who knows what the h*** happened. I knew I would be one of the ones that got bricked.
    04-17-09 08:20 PM
    Take the battery out and hooking it up to your computer, with the dm running. Then see if it will recognize it, if it does put your battery back in without disconnecting it and reload your os.
    04-17-09 08:36 PM
    but on a SERIOUS note.... the procedure seemed to go flawlessly, now i'm doing a battery pull to get the process going because everybody seems to indicate that step 1 after an OS upgrade is to do a battery pull.... will keep you guys informed.
    04-17-09 08:37 PM
    Um.... FIRST comment.... WOW!?!?!?!
    transitions seem to be faster.
    I don't noticed an increase in speed so much between home screen and the next, but everything else seems to flow quicker. Camera is about twice as fast. Boot up time is the biggest difference. Probably only 10% as long to boot up.
    04-17-09 08:42 PM
    ....this rocks....
    04-17-09 08:49 PM
    so I'm guessing this means your phone wasn't "bricked" as you initially feared ... you can safely assume that is next to impossible.
    04-17-09 09:14 PM
    Um.... FIRST comment.... WOW!?!?!?!
    transitions seem to be faster.
    I don't noticed an increase in speed so much between home screen and the next, but everything else seems to flow quicker. Camera is about twice as fast. Boot up time is the biggest difference. Probably only 10% as long to boot up.
    the boot up is quicker cause all of your memory is free. Same concept with formatting a PC.
    12-08-11 02:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD