Since wiping and upgrading to .85 I can't seem to get Opera to install by any means I try, including the way that worked fine a couple weeks ago. Maybe it's just Opera upgrading their servers or something. Doesn't seem to have been a way to get and alx install file since they went to 4.2, and it seems impossible to get to mini.opera.com on the phone.

Seriously, I'm in deep withdrawal here, I hate to go backwards and I rather run this thing under a crusher than use it without Opera.
    12-28-08 02:14 AM
    12-28-08 02:16 AM
    Yes and yes... They direct you to mini.opera.com which just gives an error every time Exceeded maximum redirect attempts.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-28-08 02:32 AM
    How about you check to make sure browser emulation is set to Blackberry and that your cache is clear?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-28-08 02:56 AM
    Seems like it was an Opera server maintenance issue, I was able to download it fine this morning with the same settings.
    12-28-08 12:50 PM
    I downloaded it shortly after you posted this thread, I had 4.1 and upgraded to 4.2 fine *shrug*
    12-28-08 07:27 PM
    I downloaded it shortly after you posted this thread, I had 4.1 and upgraded to 4.2 fine *shrug*
    Ahem, you're in Australia? That would make any conversation about this between us pretty much irrelevant. You would not be directed to the same download servers as I would, different mirrors would be used unless you used an address to get to a specific country's opera site.

However, as I said, it seems it was just the US servers down for maintenance, which large outfits frequently do after midnight eastern US time when demand is very low.
    12-28-08 10:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD