I love loading my own ringtones, and had no problems doing so since I got the phone. I use Audacity. Since I installed the upgrade though, every time I load a ringtone onto the phone, it's nowhere to be found in my ringtones folder. When I put it on the cradle though, and view the files through media manager, the songs are there as normal. It's like the phone is hiding the files or something. I even tried renaming and loading a song I previously put on there (just to make certain it wasn't an encoding problem with that particular song) and it did the same thing. When I loaded the new software, I'm thinking it changed some kind of setting that hides the mp3. Any ideas? Thanks guys.
    06-07-09 11:30 AM
    Have you tired a battery pull since installing your ringtones?
    06-07-09 11:44 AM
    Thanks for the reply. I sure did, first I let the folder scan any new items. It actually scanned SOMETHING, so I know the damn songs are in there lol. When that didn't work, I did a battery pull.
    06-07-09 12:12 PM
    Did you try uninstalling audacity and then re-installing ?
    06-07-09 01:11 PM
    Yes and no. I recently reformatted my computer and reinstalled audacity. I then had to load the lame_enc.dll lame encoder to enable mp3 exporting. Then this problem started.

But again, I tried renaming and reloading an old ringtone I made that transferred fine previously. It too did not show up upon transfer, so that definitely tells me the problem lies with my BlackBerry, and not with audacity.
    06-07-09 04:18 PM
    Try reinstalling the OS.
    Did you do OTA?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-07-09 04:46 PM
    Sorry, no idea how to reinstall the OS, and no idea what OTA means, sorry! Could you please elaborate?
    06-07-09 05:15 PM
    OTA means over the air. Using your phone to upgrade rather than DM. Check out the sticky upgrade/downgrade at the beginning of this forum that should answer your questions. If not someone with more knowledge than me I'm sure will chime in. Good luck.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-07-09 05:57 PM
    I love loading my own ringtones, and had no problems doing so since I got the phone. I use Audacity. Since I installed the upgrade though, every time I load a ringtone onto the phone, it's nowhere to be found in my ringtones folder. When I put it on the cradle though, and view the files through media manager, the songs are there as normal. It's like the phone is hiding the files or something. I even tried renaming and loading a song I previously put on there (just to make certain it wasn't an encoding problem with that particular song) and it did the same thing. When I loaded the new software, I'm thinking it changed some kind of setting that hides the mp3. Any ideas? Thanks guys.
    Use a file explorer (BBFileScout is good -- free, too) and browse to your ringtones folder. In that folder, delete the BBThumbs.dat file (it's an index of the folder contents). The next time you access your ringtones folder, your Storm will rescan the folder and rebuild that file. Your newly added tones will then be listed.
    06-07-09 06:07 PM
    It worked! Thanks =)

I actually saw that suggestion when I searched the forum before I posted, but I didn't realize I had to use a BB app to search, I thought I could just put it on the cradle and use Windows Explorer. I tried this and got nowhere lol.

Thanks to all for the suggestions, and to Uber for the answer to the riddle. Much appreciated =)
    06-07-09 08:06 PM
    Note: u can use: media > menu > explore > folder (doesn't have 2 be ring tones) > menu > show hidden > highlight bbthumbs.dat > menu > delete +

Options > memory > menu > remove media card > menu > install media card.
    06-07-09 08:36 PM
    Awesome. Thanks for the help guys.
    06-07-09 08:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD