Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
05-07-09 10:46 PM
100 123 ...
tools
    Just got an email saying there is an OS update, won't let me see what it is so I've taken the jump and installing it. Will update when I find out what it is.
    05-05-09 04:12 PM
    I just got the same email but when i went to the Voda UK download page it only states .78 as available for download??
    05-05-09 04:15 PM
    Looking in Spain too. Got .122 installed and wireless update is giving me nothing new.
    05-05-09 04:17 PM
    I followed the link in the email and it took me to a Blackberry page, clicked a link there and it opened up DM telling me I was on BES, which I'm not.

So I opened up Desktop Manager and selected to update software and I think it's working that way maybe? Though I didn't download anything so I don't know what's going on.
    05-05-09 04:17 PM
    I followed the link in the email and it took me to a Blackberry page, clicked a link there and it opened up DM telling me I was on BES, which I'm not.

So I opened up Desktop Manager and selected to update software and I think it's working that way maybe? Though I didn't download anything so I don't know what's going on.
    I wonder if they are pushing an update OTA first for BES users.
    05-05-09 04:20 PM
    Mine's poised to go and it's just saying Core Apps are there to update Only says 4.7 but it must be higher than .122 as that's what I have installed. Not sure whether to risk it or not!

When I click on details it's saying that it's .122, which is what I have.
    Last edited by tim440; 05-05-09 at 04:25 PM.
    05-05-09 04:23 PM
    Just got the email from RIM as well. I'm using Vodafone NL and am able to upgrade to .141.
    05-05-09 04:28 PM
    Well, it just finished whatever it was doing, I was on .131 and it still shows .131 on my phone, so maybe we have official .131 now or mine just didn't work I have no idea.
    05-05-09 04:32 PM
    There was a core apps update that came out today, but no OS update as far as I know.

Note: Updating this will cause no change to your Settings/About screen.
    05-05-09 04:34 PM
    Mine seems to be installing .122 which is what I had on my phone and on my computer. So that's .122, .131 and .141 being installed. Quite possibly what each of us already have which makes me suspect that somehow we're just reinstalling from our PC's and it's not a genuine upgrade.
    05-05-09 04:35 PM
    There was a core apps update that came out today, but no OS update as far as I know.

We're all being dumb then. What's the difference?
    05-05-09 04:37 PM

Really?

That's a DM bug if you have an OS exe installed on your PC. It always does that... it doesn't mean anything. It's been discussed like forever.
    05-05-09 04:41 PM
    Just got an email saying there is an OS update, won't let me see what it is so I've taken the jump and installing it. Will update when I find out what it is.
    Please post the text of the email if you can. Not that this will do me any good since i'm on VZW.
    05-05-09 04:45 PM
    BlackBerry Software Update Notification Update Today! ---------------------------------------------------- What else can your BlackBerry smartphone do for you? Find out when you update to the latest smartphone software! This free update is ready and waiting to help you do more with your BlackBerry smartphone. To update today visit BlackBerry - Update your Device Software New ways to work and play! * An update of BlackBerry Device Software version 4.7 is available. This update includes optimizations and enhancements approved by your wireless service provider. Note: If your device is associated with an email account that uses a BlackBerry Enterprise Server, contact your administrator for more information about updating.. Get the most advanced BlackBerry Device Software to keep your BlackBerry smartphone performing at its best. To update now visit BlackBerry - Update your Device Software Recently changed your BlackBerry smartphone? If you are viewing this message from your BlackBerry browser, you can automatically update your device information when you visit https://ufs.websl.blackberry.com/ufs...983EFA2BBF3C81. Research In Motion ---------------------------------------------------- 2008 Research In Motion Limited. All rights reserved. BlackBerry, RIM, Research In Motion, SureType and related trademarks, names and logos are the property of Research In Motion Limited and are registered and/or used in the U.S. and countries around the world. You have received this message by opting-in to receive news and information about BlackBerry products and services from Research In Motion. To unsubscribe or change your subscription preferences visit https://ufs.websl.blackberry.com/ufs...983EFA2BBF3C81. Research In Motion, 295 Phillip St., Waterloo, ON, Canada, N2L 3W8.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-05-09 04:48 PM
    Just updated in response to email and I now have .141!
    05-05-09 04:48 PM
    Really?

That's a DM bug if you have an OS exe installed on your PC. It always does that... it doesn't mean anything. It's been discussed like forever.
    It's also been discussed that if you actually DO the update instead of ignoring it, it goes away! GASP! And yes, nothing really changes. I'm aware of this. But hey, changing nothing on my PC and having it not say anything when I plug it into my PC to charge/sync EVERY night, and then today I plug it in and I'm notified of an update... something changed... sure as **** wasn't my end.

Civic, I have respect for much of what you say, but I'm not new to this update being useless or blackberries by any means.

back at ya.

edit: why is h3ll a blocked word?
    05-05-09 04:50 PM
    This is the email I received

For best results, please view this message from your desktop computer.

BlackBerry Device Software
    Update Notification
    UPDATE
    TODAY!

What else can your BlackBerry smartphone do for you?

Find out when you update to the latest smartphone software! This free update is ready and waiting to help you do more with your BlackBerry smartphone. Update today.

New ways to work and play!

An update of BlackBerry Device Software version 4.7 is available. This update includes optimizations and enhancements approved by your wireless service provider. Note: If your device is associated with an email account that uses a BlackBerry Enterprise Server, contact your administrator for more information about updating..
    Get the most advanced BlackBerry Device Software to keep your BlackBerry smartphone performing at its best. Update Now.

Recently changed your BlackBerry smartphone? If you are viewing this message from your BlackBerry browser, you can automatically update your device information when you visit here.

Research In Motion

Research In Motion 295 Phillip Street Waterloo, Ontario Canada N2L 3W8
    2008 Research In Motion Limited. All rights reserved. BlackBerry, RIM, Research In Motion, SureType and related trademarks, names and logos are the property of Research In Motion Limited and are registered and/or used in the U.S. and countries around the world.
    You have received this message by opting-in to receive news and information about BlackBerry products and services from Research In Motion. To unsubscribe click here. Research In Motion, 295 Phillip St., Waterloo, ON, Canada, N2L 3W8.
    05-05-09 04:51 PM
    Thanks for the email copy. Do we know what version it is? I think one person said .141

VZW --- Get off your butts and pick an update already!!! (had to say it )
    05-05-09 04:54 PM
    Yeah I got one but don't have the time to sort it now. i'm on .113 so is this defo .141?
    05-05-09 04:56 PM
    Yeah I got one but don't have the time to sort it now. i'm on .113 so is this defo .141?
    Yes.

05-05-09 04:58 PM
    Did mine and it did some kind of install and I've still got .122.
    05-05-09 05:06 PM
    Done Mine But There Was Nothing New To Install. Said I Was Running Latest Version. Have .141
    05-05-09 05:12 PM
    No idea what's going on. I started with .122 and after an install I've still got it. Off to bed now.

Hopefully by morning someone will have worked this out.
    05-05-09 05:15 PM
    .141???? Is this the best these c***s can do after all this grief?
    05-05-09 05:19 PM
    .141???? Is this the best these c***s can do after all this grief?
    Now that's a funny quote.
    05-05-09 05:24 PM
100 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD