Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
    This is just a thought, a theory, a idea, that I thought I would just toss out there to see if it's possible.

What version are you using?

I'm using: https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads/browseSoftware.do Click on the product list and choose BlackBerry Desktop Software v4.7

Desktop Manager 4.7.0 B50 English - With Media Manager
    File name: 470_b050_english.exe
    File size: 216.594 MB
    Date posted: 17-Nov-08

See the one that comes with the phone (on disc) does not include media manager. So, I found out from a fellow CB member that if I download this version I will have all the DM features available to me including the media manager.

So my question is what version are you guys using if it's not the one I'm using then download it and try it.

I have never had a issue, error, or problem! I can back up, do a 3rd party back up downgrade and upgrade.

I have been thinking about this and I don't think it has been mentioned yet so can someone who is having install troubles with .109 give it a try and report back here?

Remove the version of DM you have now on your PC and install the one I'm using.

What do ya got to loose? It just might work.

James
    Last edited by jamesandyori; 02-25-09 at 03:40 PM.
    02-25-09 03:02 PM
    I tried the link,did'nt show anything
    02-25-09 03:06 PM
    Sorry see above again. You have to choose from the drop down list.

BlackBerry Desktop Software v4.7
    02-25-09 03:09 PM
    Thank you again
    02-25-09 03:21 PM
    Did you just down load an install or delete other copy first
    02-25-09 03:32 PM
    Doesn't matter if you have MM DM version or plain DM version, that won't cause OS load issues. Only thing that standalone DM doesn't do for you is allow you to view the onboard memory for media content (the remainder of the 128MB, not the 1GB, 1GB is viewable via mass storage as is the media card slot obviously).
    02-25-09 03:35 PM
    I deleted/removed it from my PC then I installed the new one.

By the by I NEVER had the issue of this DM seeing my Storm or my wife's.
    02-25-09 03:36 PM
    I have DM 4.7 running on like 3 different machines, 2 XP and one Vista Ultimate. I ran 4.6 on Vista Ultimate and never had any issues upgrading, downgrading or anything in between. Windows 7, I can see there being potential for problems, but I doubt DM alone is the real reason for OS updates.
    02-25-09 03:38 PM
    Doesn't matter if you have MM DM version or plain DM version, that won't cause OS load issues. Only thing that standalone DM doesn't do for you is allow you to view the onboard memory for media content (the remainder of the 128MB, not the 1GB, 1GB is viewable via mass storage as is the media card slot obviously).
    Well, it just seemed this was the only difference from me to others who have DM issues. Maybe I'm just lucky.

But like I said it wouldn't hurt to try, and you never know it might just be the difference maker.

Or I'm just lucky.
    02-25-09 03:38 PM
    Well, it just seemed this was the only difference from me to others who have DM issues. Maybe I'm just lucky.

But like I said it wouldn't hurt to try, and you never know it might just be the difference maker.

Or I'm just lucky.
    It doesn't matter. I've even used version 4.2 SP2 to load up stuff on the Storm. Used 4.3, 4.5, 4.6 of DM as well. Both with and without Media Manager and it all worked fine. I think people are botching the installs because "it's just them". I don't think there's any other reason. A lot of people can't do things right, no big deal, that's why they learn from it or they call someone who can do it for them and pay to have it done.
    02-25-09 03:58 PM
    It doesn't matter. I've even used version 4.2 SP2 to load up stuff on the Storm. Used 4.3, 4.5, 4.6 of DM as well. Both with and without Media Manager and it all worked fine. I think people are botching the installs because "it's just them". I don't think there's any other reason. A lot of people can't do things right, no big deal, that's why they learn from it or they call someone who can do it for them and pay to have it done.
    Ok, ok. That's my second idea you debunked. Hummmmmm. Your pretty smart but I will impress you someday!
    02-25-09 04:15 PM
    I heard that JRSCCivic98 was a woman,if that is true...what a turn-on.A woman with brains
    02-25-09 04:18 PM
    I heard that JRSCCivic98 was a woman,if that is true...what a turn-on.A woman with brains
    no she's more than a brain. she's a crackberry genius of geniuses! ...and we are not worthy.
    02-25-09 04:24 PM
    How's the weather in Montana,lived in Three Forks when I was a child
    02-25-09 04:32 PM
    How's the weather in Montana,lived in Three Forks when I was a child
    not bad for Feb in MT-right now in the low 40s. Snow squall came through yesteday though. Had a Chanook in January.
    02-25-09 04:34 PM
    Sounds nice,A few more yrs down here in Socal then I'm goin back to retire
    02-25-09 04:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD