Hey I was wondering if anybody knows how to change the setting to send message from the enter key to the original double bb button click? I keep sending message incorrectly when reaching for the backspace or period button. Any suggestions?
    11-25-09 08:59 PM
    I think there is an app for that

Try this SMS And MMS folder>BB Key> Instant Message>BB Key>Options>Under CHATS Uncheck Press Enter Key to Send

That should do it.
    11-25-09 09:21 PM
    Tried that but when I went to instant message it gave me options for AIM google talk and bbm, but no option for sms and mms.....

I'm running 5.0.0.328 if that helps at all...
    11-25-09 09:28 PM
    I'm assuming the only reason you want to disable that option is so you can use the Return button as a move to new paragraph button. Assuming that is true, all you need to do is hit Control --> Return. Works like a charm.
    11-25-09 09:35 PM
    That is not the reason actually. I keep accidentally hitting it when trying to backspace and send garbled messages that make no sense.
    11-25-09 09:39 PM
    To answer your question, NO there is no way to change it, that's how it is now. You can, however still do the bb button 2x to send as well.
    11-25-09 10:04 PM
    I think there is an app for that

Try this SMS And MMS folder>BB Key> Instant Message>BB Key>Options>Under CHATS Uncheck Press Enter Key to Send

That should do it.
    Unfortunately, that didn't work. I did find that option, but it didn't do anything during regular SMS messages. I'm looking for a solution too because I tend to hit return instead of backspace when I type and prematurely send the nonsensical message
    02-25-10 04:58 PM
    As indicated above, there is no way to change that. An alternative is to use the Suretype (reduced) keyboard in portrait mode so you have bigger keys to work with.
    02-25-10 05:09 PM
    Under my SMS Text option screen there is an option for "Press enter key to send" I turned it off because i was also sending random unfinished messages.

But I am running lyricidal's .451 hybrid which is most likely why i have that option.
    02-25-10 05:46 PM
    +1 to above. That's how you disable it.
    02-25-10 07:31 PM
    Under my SMS Text option screen there is an option for "Press enter key to send" I turned it off because i was also sending random unfinished messages.

But I am running lyricidal's .451 hybrid which is most likely why i have that option.
    Now that is what I am looking for! I'm going to download and install now.
    02-25-10 07:34 PM
    You can stop the return key from sending :- Just open Text Messages then press blackberry key- go to options and take the tick out of the
    "Press Enter Key to send" then save, its as simple as that.
    08-05-13 06:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD