09-07-13 01:05 PM
35 12
tools
    I've already requested it be stickied and it obviously hasn't happened. Too bad.
    03-12-10 02:13 AM
    Update***
    I contacted Verizon like ya'll suggested. I explained my problems and sat thru there trouble shooting tips. Long story short, the verizon tech said this is not a "known issue", but the have returned multiple phones for the same issue I was having and they will be sending me a new phon.
    Apparently I wasnt too far off with the bad batch theory.
    Anyway, got the new phone, already seems to have better signal strength. Keeping my fingures crossed.

How can you see which "radio" file you have by looking at the phone? I know where to find it if you have the loader, but how to check on the actual phone. The phone came to me with the .328 already installed. I noticed in the about screen all the #'s matched except one. The "branding Version" has a higher # now.

So theoretically, one hybrid should not have a better "radio" than another? The over all phone might run smoother but should not tweek the reception. Right?
    That being asked, is there anything that will increase the signal?
    I believe in the beginning a bad batch of storm 1s went out and I think I was one of those lucky receivers. I started with poor reception, and it only got worse with each update.
    Before this I tried every hybrid thinking it would help. But now I questioning that. Any ideas?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-13-10 11:31 AM
    If you got it from Verizon, it has the official OS on it. They do not install hybrids on their phones, meaning that if it says 5.0.0.328, it is the 5.0.0.328 radio on it.

Another way to confirm which SFI file is installed is to check the Platform version. The platform version is tied to the radio file and not the java files. The only catch is that you then have to see which OS version came with that platform version.
    03-13-10 02:42 PM
    I PMed PK about it.
    03-15-10 12:56 PM
    Generally we like to have 5 or less stickies, probably we were full before, but since we were at 4, I went ahead and stickied it at Matt's request. Happy now ST? You know you COULD have PM'd me yourself, that might have been a better way to address it.
    03-15-10 01:15 PM
    stumbled across this thread....bump...its good...
    05-07-10 08:31 AM
    Thanks for your support. This information will definitely going to help us & i am a newbie here. I want to learn more. Kindly, do this favor for me.
    08-09-11 12:45 AM
    Great info. Edited because I posted the response to the thread I was researching here in the thread I was using to research!
    11-02-11 06:11 AM
    I should add that the guys who are building hybrids are looking for the strongest support app COD's across several releases, testing them against a kernel, and if it works okay, releasing it as a complete hybrid.

They're not a fully integrated OS as RIM would release it, and can be a bit unstable, but they're not a waste of time. It takes a lot of time and testing to mix all of those pieces, and they're doing the legwork for you. If you want the chance to see how your Storm can really shine, try one! If you want safety, stick with an official release. If you want advancement without quite as much risk, try a complete java folder hybrid (all COD's same version with the last good sfi).
    is it a unix/linux like kernel ?
    03-04-12 02:52 AM
    Thank you to OP for posting this clarification. Leaving a comment here as a bookmark.
    09-07-13 01:05 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD