I wrote out this long winded post (as im known for doing hehe) and then came here to post it only to see CX posted info on a new OS being let out of the bag ...

While i REALLY appreciate that info, i wish it was posted on the min forum as well! I rarely pop in here and would not have seen the info had i not come to make my post.

All that being said, here is my original post ...

I wish they would "leak" more OS updates!

I know they cant do one every day/week whatever, but with the number of outstanding software fixes that are possible, you'd think they would have fixes rolling out almost daily

• 1. When i get a phone call and im on headphones, it rings on the handset. IMO it should ring in the earbuds only! whether im listening to media or not. ALL audio should be directed to the earbuds if they are plugged in.

2. Landscape when sitting on the desk. Super annoying.

3. LOCK button on top left should be INSTANT! The iphone really nailed this. There should be no delay at all when i hit that button .. hit the button = LOCKED. NO delay.

4. Camera is good, but still laggy ... id like it a bit more snappy

Dont get me wrong, im not bashing or saying the phone sucks, in fact check out my review:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/my-...-storm-122154/

But i think we can all agree that the outstanding bugs, or annoyances are mostly software related .... i am going to flip out if we wait til jan 15th and all they do is make .83 official with no changes!
    Last edited by rsarno; 12-26-08 at 01:28 PM. Reason: typo in subject line
    12-26-08 01:05 PM
    I wrote out this long winded post (as im known for doing hehe) and then came here to post it only to see CX posted info on a new OS being let out of the bag ...

While i REALLY appreciate that info, i wish it was posted on the min forum as well! I rarely pop in here and would not have seen the info had i not come to make my post.

All that being said, here is my original post ...

I wish they would "leak" more OS updates!

I know they cant do one every day/week whatever, but with the number of outstanding software fixes that are possible, you'd think they would have fixes rolling out almost daily

• 1. When i get a phone call and im on headphones, it rings on the handset. IMO it should ring in the earbuds only! whether im listening to media or not. ALL audio should be directed to the earbuds if they are plugged in.

2. Landscape when sitting on the desk. Super annoying.

3. LOCK button on top left should be INSTANT! The iphone really nailed this. There should be no delay at all when i hit that button .. hit the button = LOCKED. NO delay.

4. Camera is good, but still laggy ... id like it a bit more snappy

Dont get me wrong, im not bashing or saying the phone sucks, in fact check out my review:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/my-...-storm-122154/

But i think we can all agree that the outstanding bugs, or annoyances are mostly software related .... i am going to flip out if we wait til jan 15th and all they do is make .83 official with no changes!

The forum layout was changed for a reason. To make it easier to find what you want. There is no reason any OS or beta OS discussion should be posted outside of this sub-forums. Same goes for 3rd party apps. If everyone follows this new structure, things will be much more smooth around here.
    12-26-08 01:23 PM
    The forum layout was changed for a reason. To make it easier to find what you want. There is no reason any OS or beta OS discussion should be posted outside of this sub-forums. Same goes for 3rd party apps. If everyone follows this new structure, things will be much more smooth around here.
    You are right, i know that ... but IMO something as important as a new OS should be made a global sticky. (but also i realize its not even leaked or released yet, so maybe thats why its not global)

Im not saying you should do it, im just saying thats my opinion.

Anyhow, thanks for the great information .... cant wait for the release!!! And im praying it fixes some of our most recent annoyances

Thanks CX
    12-26-08 01:26 PM
    You are right, i know that ... but IMO something as important as a new OS should be made a global sticky. (but also i realize its not even leaked or released yet, so maybe thats why its not global)

Im not saying you should do it, im just saying thats my opinion.

Anyhow, thanks for the great information .... cant wait for the release!!! And im praying it fixes some of our most recent annoyances

Thanks CX
    It's unreleased software. Also, it shouldn't be posted throughout the entire Storm forum. That is why there is a specific subforum for OS and Beta OS discussion. The new layout wasn't made for no reason.
    12-26-08 01:36 PM
    It's unreleased software. Also, it shouldn't be posted throughout the entire Storm forum. That is why there is a specific subforum for OS and Beta OS discussion. The new layout wasn't made for no reason.
    Having it this way is much better. So much easier to find information and it keeps the boards cleaner. Kudos on the change! It might also help keep those who have no clue what they're doing from trying update. Saving us from the "help i screwed up my phone" threads.
    12-26-08 04:04 PM
    i for one love the new layout much easier to go through
    12-26-08 04:07 PM
    If people are too lazy to go into subforums that is their fault and they are too lazy. Its not tough. You can read the subforum headings and know what is being discussed.

The new structure has made the storm section 100x better since i joined here. Thank you CX for doing it and stepping up to help run the section.
    12-26-08 05:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD