Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
08-29-13 01:41 PM
53 123
tools
    If you are looking for language inputs and interface support for your Blackberry running OS 5.0, I pulled up the cod's for the following languages and created an alx file for each language. So use your Blackberry desktop manager to install it.

It has been tested with Blackberry running OS 5.0. It might work with lower Blackberry OS versions but not guaranteed.

African
    Arabic
    Catalan
    Czech
    Danish
    Dutch
    Galician
    German
    Greek
    Hebrew
    Hungarian
    Polish
    Poruguese
    Russian
    Turkish

Any comments or suggestion for improvements are appreciated.
    jeffmedeiros1 and anastelesat like this.
    12-24-09 02:08 AM
    can you post chinese language for all chinese fans ,thanks very much & Merry Christmas!
    12-24-09 04:49 AM
    Woo-ow, thank You, was looking for it. Now my Christmas gift is perrffecctttt!

12-24-09 06:40 AM
    can you post chinese language for all chinese fans ,thanks very much & Merry Christmas!
    I have a pack that support chinese/ Japanese/ Korean and it will work on 5.0.0.323 and past, but I couldn't get it to work on above 5.0.0.323. As soon as I get my hand on the correct combination, It will be added to the list.

The problem is not only the cod's, it is also to find the correct cjk.alx.
    I hope to get it soon.

Have a good Holiday.
    12-24-09 11:19 AM
    Great work, thanks! Can't wait for the Chinese/Japanese long.
    Merry Christmas and hopefully a very Happy New Year

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-24-09 12:06 PM
    It's been a very long time since I last posted here, but this prompted me to do it again. Very nice of you doing this. It should have been done by RIM itself. I can't understand how they don't offer an option to add languages in Desktop Manager, or even on-the-air.

As for the Asian languages that you're compiling, have you tried and were you actually able to input in Japanese, for instance? I have always tried the romaji input and could never get it to show the hiraganas. Once, I tried using the language files from an Asian-build of an OS and got the message it wouldn't work for lack of emojis.
    12-24-09 12:12 PM
    Wow! nice work!

12-24-09 12:22 PM
    Very very very nice job! Works Great! thx so much bro.
    12-24-09 12:37 PM
    Thanks a lot this is very helpful But the problem is I get input text for arabic but the actual language is not there... Can you please help, thanks I'm on .405 official AT&T, if i should change tell me I will Thanks
    12-24-09 02:05 PM
    Thanks a lot this is very helpful But the problem is I get input text for arabic but the actual language is not there... Can you please help, thanks I'm on .405 official AT&T, if i should change tell me I will Thanks
    Go Options/ Languages & Text Input/ and change your setting the way you want it.
    12-24-09 03:56 PM
    Cool.

Thanks & MC
    12-24-09 05:10 PM
    This is only for the Blackberry 9530,

I don't speak chinese, korean or japanese. Please run it and post back your result. I run it on my BB Storm to see if it work, IT WORKS.

How to do it:

1. Install the Blackberry storm OS 5.0.0.419 on your PC.
    2. Take the the COD's from CJK JAVA, insert it in the C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\9530AMEA_v5.0.0.419_P4.2.0.179\Java on your PC.
    3. Open the C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader, delete the the Vendor.xml and the click loader.exe.
    4. During installation you can select Korean, Chinese, and Japanese but don't select japanese Romaji. The loader will give an error. Other than seems to work you will get the UI and input in in CJK.

I will appreciate your feedback.
    Last edited by romman; 12-25-09 at 01:57 AM.
    12-24-09 08:00 PM
    This is only for the Blackberry 9530,

I don't speak chinese, korean or japanese. Please run it and post back your result. I run it on my BB Storm to see if it work, IT WORKS.

How to do it:

1. Install the Blackberry storm OS 5.0.0.419 on your PC.
    2. Take the the COD's from CJK JAVA, insert it in the C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\9530AMEA_v5.0.0.419_P4.2.0.179\Java on your PC.
    3. Open the C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader, delete the the Vendor.xml and the click loader.exe.
    4. During installation you can select Korean, Chinese, and Japanese but don't select japanese Romaji. The loader will give an error. Other than seems to work you will get the UI and input in in CJK.

I will appreciate your feedback.
    Doesn't work!
    No chinese input, no chinese interface.
    Anyway, thanks for your effort.
    12-25-09 01:20 AM
    Doesn't work!
    No chinese input, no chinese interface.
    Anyway, thanks for your effort.
    It seem like I have linked to the wrong java, sorry for that.
    please download the CJK Java again. I have corrected the link. This is actually my whole java folder, so you can replace yours with it.

I got three languages on my BB, please see the attached PDF. Can you tell me what are these?
    Last edited by romman; 12-25-09 at 02:15 AM.
    12-25-09 02:11 AM
    It's korean s-chinese t-chinese and in that order. That doesn't mean you've got the input since several (minor) files are missing (e.g. cangjie_wordlist).

But I'm quite sure if you got all Shrink-A-OS can get you (plus global font), CJK characters should show up normal, s-chinese input should work and t-chinese should too -- but mine has one file from .405

PS. I have as many 428 files as possible
    Last edited by racca; 12-25-09 at 03:08 AM.
    12-25-09 03:04 AM
    It's korean s-chinese t-chinese and in that order. That doesn't mean you've got the input since several (minor) files are missing (e.g. cangjie_wordlist).

But I'm quite sure if you got all Shrink-A-OS can get you (plus global font), CJK characters should show up normal, s-chinese input should work and t-chinese should too -- but mine has one file from .405

PS. I have as many 428 files as possible
    So we are missing the Japanese and cangjie. This was my guess also.
    I opened the java folder and edited the CJK.ALX file at the same time. I did see that japanese and cangjie cod's are missing. it is about 10 cod's.

Does anyone know a 5.0 OS version, that has the japanese and/or cangjie in it?

I will be more than happy to get a full working CJK.
    12-25-09 10:16 AM
    So we are missing the Japanese and cangjie. This was my guess also.
    I opened the java folder and edited the CJK.ALX file at the same time. I did see that japanese and cangjie cod's are missing. it is about 10 cod's.

Does anyone know a 5.0 OS version, that has the japanese and/or cangjie in it?

I will be more than happy to get a full working CJK.
    I had Japanese working on .328, but never since then -- I do have all the cods from previous installs.

Cangjie never worked, not properly at least.

There are several other candidates -- TelecomNZ, VodafoneAU/NZ, Optus, Maxis, etc do have multiple versions of EastAsian OS for 9700 341/344/351, I've only tried .351.

PS/ Could you send me your CJK.alx from 9500/9530 please, as many versions as possible. I want to see the difference. Thx.
    12-25-09 10:47 AM
    Could you send me your CJK.alx from 9500/9530 please, as many versions as possible. I want to see the difference. Thx.
    Here it is:CJK ALX Files from Different OS Versions
    12-25-09 11:23 AM
    Does anyone have Amharic or ge ez fonts for Blackberry or know where to download them? I just need read not input ability. Thanks. Let me know

Please send copy to my PIN if you have info.
    12-25-09 11:45 AM
    [QUOTE=racca;4375105]I had Japanese working on .328, but never since then -- I do have all the cods from previous installs.

Cangjie never worked, not properly at least.

There are several other candidates -- TelecomNZ, VodafoneAU/NZ, Optus, Maxis, etc do have multiple versions of EastAsian OS for 9700 341/344/351, I've only tried .351.

Hi, I installed 419/428 with simplified Chinese input and support, but I couldn't typing in Chinese. Is it a cjk file problem? I have tried replacing the cjk with previous version (eg. 328, 323, etc.) all don't work. I'm only interested in simplified Chinese pinyin.

Any ideas? Thanks.
    Last edited by ancinca; 12-25-09 at 11:53 AM.
    12-25-09 11:51 AM
    I've got Cangjie to work by using CJK.alx from 9550/428 (replacing Ordin with Thunder) and only files from 423/428. Romaji still won't work.

I'm done with it though. I'd rather wait till they have something on 95xx released.
    12-25-09 12:34 PM
    Wow ... Will try this when at home

12-27-09 05:49 PM
    If you are looking for language inputs and interface support for your Blackberry running OS 5.0, I pulled up the cod's for the following languages and created an alx file for each language. So use your Blackberry desktop manager to install it.

It has been tested with Blackberry running OS 5.0. It might work with lower Blackberry OS versions but not guaranteed.

Any comments or suggestion for improvements are appreciated.

Is there anyway i can have a different link for Arabic? megaupload keeps saying my ip is already downloading :s
    01-09-10 02:04 PM
    try restarting your pc.
    01-09-10 04:42 PM
    Hi, installed 5.0.0.425 for 9500, working great and well. But, just need to able reading simplified chinese words only, anyway i can download and install the cod and alx files ? And where to place those files if available
    01-10-10 04:43 AM
53 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD