I am experiencing crazy keyboard lag in my browser whenever I have to type something in such as replying to a post. It seems like my key rate is set on slow?

Is anyone else experiencing this problem? If so, How do I fix it?
    12-24-08 05:59 PM
    The only fix is to upgrade to .83. It's the software. Make sure your Key Rate is set to Fast. And you can pull the battery for 30 seconds then replace it. It could help some.
    12-24-08 06:02 PM
    Thank you very much CX

Happy Holidays to all
    12-24-08 06:48 PM
    Weird, I'm downgrading tomorrow from .83 to .75 due to excessive keyboard lag as well. For me .75 was perfect, .83 has caused my unit to lock up multiple times, even freezing on reboot...sketchy.
    12-24-08 11:36 PM
    Man I have the SAME problem! Both in .75 and .83!

its crazy, suretype isnt too bad, but when i use the lanscape qwerty in the browser, like replying to posts on CB, its soooo bad. keyrate is set to highest setting.

Its worse than you might think, for example if i were to type 'Man this keyboard lags like crazy in qwerty mode" the n in man will still be highlighed when i finish the sentence! It makes typing painful at best. The letters do come up in the box, still quite lagged, but the highlight glow thing is way worse. To be an entire sentence behind is just unacceptable.

As i have stated many times, the typing is the one thing that makes me want to get rid of the device. If it wasnt for the fact I love every other aspect of the storm, i would return it. As of now, all the other good out weighs this one very negative item, but just barely.

I would have really figured RIM of all companies would have been the one company to nail touchscreen typing. IMO, they are the worse implentation on the market (yes worse than even winmo!)
    12-25-08 12:53 AM
    It is bad in either OS. I have had lag in my typing sometimes in a simple text message! In the browser...forget about it! I use Opera Mini now and the typing there is simple and fast because it brings up its own window.
    12-25-08 01:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD