Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
02-29-12 08:40 PM
96 ... 234
tools
    I've installed countless hybrids on my S1 without any problems but I have not been able to get Apploader to recognize any OS when trying to upgrade my S2. Is there something different we need to do on the S2. The steps outlined above just do not work for me. They are no different than the process I used on my S1 but it just does not work on for my S2. My computer is running XP if that makes any difference.
    05-27-10 12:10 AM
    OK, I'm starting to get sick and tired of seeing person after person ask the same old tired question of why DM or Loader.exe won't let them install an OS they want after installing the exe and deleting the vendor.xml file.

So, here's the answer...

WHEN YOU INSTALL DESKTOP MANAGER, MAKE SURE YOU CLEAR THE CHECKMARKS AND OPTIONS THAT ALLOWS IT TO CHECK FOR UPDATES ON ITS OWN. Uncheck/disable all those options and you won't have anymore issues. No more unplugging from the web and such other BS. Then from there on ALWAYS use the following process.

Start with your Blackberry unplugged from your PC.

1) Uninstall ALL past OS exes from your PC via Add/Remove Programs in Control Panel. (this may or may not apply to all users)

2) Plug in your BB and let the drivers load.

3) Go into DM and run a manual Backup of the phone data.

4) Close DM out first.

5) Unplug the BB from the PC.

6) Run the new OS exe you want installed and let it install.

7) Plug in the BB and let the drivers load.

8) Delete the vendor.xml file from the C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader directory.

8a) Delete any other .cod files you don't want to load on your BB. I usually delete the 2 files that pertain to the sample wallpapers. (THIS IS COMPLETELY OPTIONAL.)

9) Run the Loader.exe program from the C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader directory.

10) Let Loader.exe install the OS on your BB until it finishes. (This will be a waiting process until it finishes.)
    I tried this...still not luck
    06-09-10 03:25 PM
    thank you for this thread
    07-01-10 07:04 PM
    it works!
    07-10-10 04:07 PM
    I have tried this 20 times now, and even on 2 different computers. I have done this before and never had trouble and i dont really understand why now all of a sudden i cant upgrade. when i try it from loader.exe i get this message:

"The Blackberry Desktop Software does not have Blackberry Device Software for the device that you have connected to the computer. Contact your wireless service provider or system administrator"

this has happened on BOTH of my computers and i dont understand why. can someone PLEASE tell me what im doing wrong. One doesnt have DM and the other has it set to where it NEVER checks for updates like the instructions told me to. and no matter what i do i cant get it to recognize the upgrade.
    08-05-10 04:53 PM
    You should try to uninstall desktop manager and everything bb. Then reinstall the newest desktop manager and run as adim and follow the guide and see if that helps, it does also help to disconnect from the internet.

I unchecked the updates when installing but it still checks for them.
    08-07-10 05:50 PM
    I have tried this 20 times now, and even on 2 different computers. I have done this before and never had trouble and i dont really understand why now all of a sudden i cant upgrade. when i try it from loader.exe i get this message:

"The Blackberry Desktop Software does not have Blackberry Device Software for the device that you have connected to the computer. Contact your wireless service provider or system administrator"

this has happened on BOTH of my computers and i dont understand why. can someone PLEASE tell me what im doing wrong. One doesnt have DM and the other has it set to where it NEVER checks for updates like the instructions told me to. and no matter what i do i cant get it to recognize the upgrade.
    1. Uninstall all blackberry OS's from your PC.
    2. Open the Desktop Manager and backup your setting, servicebooks, adressbook, etc.
    3. CLOSE the Desktop Manager
    4. Install the latest OS that you wish to install.
    5. Go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader if you use Windows 32bit or
    C:\Program Files(x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader if you use Windows 64bit
    6. In this folder delete the file Vendor.xml
    7. Make sure that your Desktop Manager is not running and closed.
    8. in the same folder above, double click the file Loader.exe

Good Luck.
    08-10-10 12:59 PM
    Installed several hybrids on my 9520 and never had a problem with Offical Updates. - Just follow the steps peoples. Simples.
    09-21-10 06:52 PM
    It work Thank a lot!
    10-27-10 04:27 PM
    BlackBerry Storm 9550 OS 5.0.0.1015, installed with DM!! Had no problems.
    Attachment 76413
    11-14-10 06:40 PM
    this is a very helpful thread thank you
    12-11-10 12:19 PM
    Is there another step do I need to reinstall DM?
    01-06-11 11:53 PM
    This doesn't work for everyone!!!!!
    01-14-11 08:15 PM
    OK, I'm starting to get sick and tired of seeing person after person ask the same old tired question of why DM or Loader.exe won't let them install an OS they want after installing the exe and deleting the vendor.xml file.

So, here's the answer...

WHEN YOU INSTALL DESKTOP MANAGER, MAKE SURE YOU CLEAR THE CHECKMARKS AND OPTIONS THAT ALLOWS IT TO CHECK FOR UPDATES ON ITS OWN. Uncheck/disable all those options and you won't have anymore issues. No more unplugging from the web and such other BS. Then from there on ALWAYS use the following process.

Start with your Blackberry unplugged from your PC.

1) Uninstall ALL past OS exes from your PC via Add/Remove Programs in Control Panel. (this may or may not apply to all users)

2) Plug in your BB and let the drivers load.

3) Go into DM and run a manual Backup of the phone data.

4) Close DM out first.

5) Unplug the BB from the PC.

6) Run the new OS exe you want installed and let it install.

7) Plug in the BB and let the drivers load.

8) Delete the vendor.xml file from the C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader directory.

8a) Delete any other .cod files you don't want to load on your BB. I usually delete the 2 files that pertain to the sample wallpapers. (THIS IS COMPLETELY OPTIONAL.)

9) Run the Loader.exe program from the C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader directory.

10) Let Loader.exe install the OS on your BB until it finishes. (This will be a waiting process until it finishes.)

I did everything u said.. and still dont work, it says "the aplication core blabla v5.0.0 could not load cuz some required files are not available"

MAJOR HELP
    01-22-11 05:36 PM
    BlackBerry Storm 9550 OS 5.0.0.1015, installed with DM!! Had no problems.
    Attachment 76413
    where did you find that OS... I WANT IT!!! please?
    01-22-11 05:38 PM
    where did you find that OS... I WANT IT!!! please?
    I actually found it on BTJUNKIE.org
    01-24-11 12:06 AM
    I also could not get this to work!
    01-24-11 12:07 AM
    I've used the BBSAK tool to upgrade my Storm 9530. The tool rocks! Easy, Fast, Cheap to buy!
    Latest version 5.0.0.1041
    Battery pulls are now rare...TG
    02-18-11 10:17 AM
    i will waiting to know this from last 1 year
    03-19-11 03:12 PM
    To my case: BB Storm 9500. OS 4.7

Wanted scenario: Os 5.x+

Issue: DM tells me my phone isn't able to blahblah.

Did anything as descriped. Work like a charm. But... after the phone rebooted, going into settings/info it still shows 4.7.0.181 ... Any ideas?

Ps.: I wanted the update, because I had an average working space about 16MB. No matter what I tryed ( reboot, batterie pull, deinstallation of software, etc... ) and someone wrote it might help to update the firmware. Well Even though my OS still is 4.7, I'm now running on GIGANTIC 50MB free working space! Still I wanna OS 5!!!
    Last edited by Piehti; 06-14-11 at 07:53 AM.
    06-14-11 07:38 AM
    After a few hours cursing and swearing i found a solution for the update not being detected issue. It's a little crazy but it works

Follow the guide in this thread upto the point of running Loader.exe, then do this,

1) Remove the battery from your device while plugged it into your PC,

2) Run Loader.exe and wait on the first screen,

3) Plug in the battery and IMMEDIATELY click the "next" button, then "next" again on the device select screen. Do it quickly, as in 2-3 seconds after plugging the battery in.

4) Voila, choose the bits of the OS you want to install and let it upgrade
    02-29-12 08:40 PM
96 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD