Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
11-07-13 08:33 AM
46 12
tools
    I followed the instructions. Any other ideas? I am getting the error "Unable to reconnect to the device during a multi-stage load operation."

I have tried eveyrthing I have seen on the site. Am I missing something or any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
    Unable to connect to the BlackBerry smartphone during a multistage loading operation

Problem
    The following error appears when Application Loader is used:

Unable to complete the loading operation. Unable to connect to the handheld during a multistage loading operation.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cause
    There are multiple causes for this issue.

There is insufficient power for the loading operation to complete on the BlackBerry smartphone.
    The connection between the USB port of the BlackBerry smartphone and the computer's USB port is unsustainable.
    The USB drivers failed to initialize during BlackBerry smartphone initialization.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Resolution
    Complete the following tasks:

Verify that the battery is inserted in the BlackBerry smartphone.
    Verify that the battery is not faulty.
    Turn off the Power Management option for the USB root hubs on the computer. For instructions, see the Additional Information section.
    If a laptop computer is being used, make sure the computer is not connected to a docking station.
    Make sure the BlackBerry smartphone is connected directly to the computer and not to a USB hub.
    Disconnect all other USB devices (for instance, cameras) from the computer.
    Connect the BlackBerry smartphone to another USB port on the computer.
    Turn off antivirus or firewall programs that are running on the computer. Turn the programs on again once a connection to the BlackBerry smartphone is established.

Additional Information
    To disable the Power Management option for the USB root hubs on the computer, complete the following steps:

Open the Control Panel by clicking Start > Settings > Control Panel.
    In the Control Panel, double-click System.
    Select the Hardware tab and click Device Manager.
    In the Device Manager, expand Universal Serial Bus controllers.
    Right-click USB Root Hub and select Properties.
    Select the Power Management tab and clear the Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power check box.
    Repeat steps five and six for other entries named USB Root Hub.
    09-15-09 10:36 AM
    Thanks for trying but none of those things. Each time apploader tries to connect to boot rom bold reboots, every time. so apploader never has a chance to load anything.
    09-15-09 11:07 AM
    You downloaded bbsak and tried to wipe?
    09-15-09 11:33 AM
    Hey seems as though im stuck here...I did everything now when my device trys to start up again, its a black screen and it says blackberry, with the loading bar at the bottom, but it gets stuck like 25% in. I pulled the battery and tried again, and it got stuck at the same spot...any ideas?

*EDIT* nevermind I got it working. weird...
    Last edited by WaterlooGuy; 09-29-09 at 04:46 PM.
    09-29-09 10:31 AM
    Dude... You Rock. I've tried almost everything on this site, researching for literaly weeks to make sure I do a proper OS install, beind a noob and all, to no avail until today . I went from Storm OS .90 to OS .230 with your instructions and all is well so far... Thank you much dude... ur awesome!
    10-15-09 06:57 PM
    Ok what do I do if the os did install on the phone but when restoring databases I got the fatal error(was boys phone)and now he keeps texting me about "illegal operations"warnings popping up lol I think he's scared and thinks its illegal as in the law not programming.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-15-09 11:18 PM
    Excellent knowledge and advice. Thank you. I thought my BB8800 was lost until I used your suggestions. Thanks again.

Martin
    11-13-09 12:29 PM
    "Don't force it, you're gonna blow out your o-ring, drop a lung!"

11-13-09 02:12 PM
    thanks a bunch for the info
    02-02-10 03:31 PM
    not working for me.
    on the loader it says: Unable to reconnect to the device during a multi-stage load operation.
    and also on my phone the screen is all white and it says Reload Software: 507
    any help would really appreciate it
    02-07-10 08:28 PM
    i can't get this to work for me, my blackberry 8100 won't work without a battery in it.
    02-28-10 01:04 AM
    I keep getting the error while waiting for device initialization. "Application Loader was unable to connect with your device. Please re-connect your device, enter the password, if required, and click Retry."
    [[RETRY]][CANCEL]

meanwhile the phone is still endlessly rebooting, red LED, then clock, back and forth.
    03-03-10 01:19 AM
    This helped my tremendously with a 9530 that kept rebooting... Thanks!!!
    06-28-10 09:30 PM
    Same problem here, please help

not working for me.
    on the loader it says: Unable to reconnect to the device during a multi-stage load operation.
    and also on my phone the screen is all white and it says Reload Software: 507
    any help would really appreciate it
    07-02-10 10:44 PM
    i am having issues where the apploader gets 1/4 - 1/2way through installation of OS and then freezes up. walked away for an hour and would not continue. no choice but to unplug, wipe and continue. any ideas?

also it is a friends phone and for some reason my desktop manager won't even read it as a phone. could this phone just be messed. it is storm 9530.
    Last edited by batmanfoot; 07-04-10 at 08:48 PM.
    07-04-10 08:45 PM
    i am having issues where the apploader gets 1/4 - 1/2way through installation of OS and then freezes up. walked away for an hour and would not continue. no choice but to unplug, wipe and continue. any ideas?

also it is a friends phone and for some reason my desktop manager won't even read it as a phone. could this phone just be messed. it is storm 9530.
    If DM isnt recognizing it, again, try AppLoader instead. It always seems to be more stable to use than DM.

If the problems still persist, go through the steps to ensure each component involved is no corrupt. Wipe the phone. Restart the computer. delete and reinstall the OS that you are trying to load. Lots of work, but it at least ensures that those thigns are in working order.

If its still not working, post back details about your process, and hopefully I or someone else can help.
    07-09-10 09:46 PM
    Still having problems with my BB 8900. Tried DM 4.6, 5, and 6. OS 4.6 and OS 5. Windows 7, Vista, XP. Tried loader.exe and loader.exe /nojvm. All the USB Ports. 2 cables. JL_Cmder and BBSAK read my 8900 with no problems. Always get through to the installation process and then the Error "Unable to Connect, Disconnect for 10 seconds, Check USB Ports". Most of the time I get that error. What can I do? Phone had OS 4.6. Would like OS 5. Last night I managed to get 4.6 back on my 8900. But then tried to get OS 5 and same problem. Now can't get 4.6 back on. Please Help!
    12-01-10 06:41 AM
    help iam stuck on uploading image RAM and no response
    12-13-10 08:50 AM
    Help me...pls..my storm jst went blank....it just shows d red light and shows black screen...tried using dm.but it didn't read my fone.I also tried putting a new OS.but the application loader kerps saying reconnect the device enter d password and retry.....pls help...wat in I to do.thanks gurus..

01-01-11 09:02 PM
    I just fixed mine. I called Verizon and ordered a new 4s Goodbye BB.
    10-13-11 11:44 PM
    my pin is not connecting no matter what i do plzzzzzzzzz help ive done everythin an still nothing
    11-07-13 08:33 AM
46 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD