So I'm asking my fellow Blackberry Storm companions, what do feel is a more stable OS at this point .83 or .76? I'm currently running .83 (with clean wipe with JL Cmndr) and I'm experiencing noticeable memory leakage which degrades overall OS/Phone performance (becomes sluggish after about 3-4 hours of heavy use, its my business phone so I'm constantly multi tasking with it). Do you think .76 is a better build or should I stick it out with .83 and do frequent QuickPull Resets? Is the improvements in .83 worth dealing with the known issues that this beta OS has brought? Any insights on Pro's and Con's of downgrading would be greatly appreciated.
    12-25-08 03:22 AM
    dont normally bump, but i would kinda of like some feed back from the community.
    12-25-08 03:49 AM
    I have stuck with 76 because its rock solid. I never have to do battery pulls and every thing works. I know the camera is a bit laggy, but I don't take pictures that often so its no big right now. I have decided to wait till official releases and let other people do the beta testing.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-25-08 04:05 AM
    This was a stupid thread to bump all the info is out there. Instead of asking the community to dumb it down into one thread for you why not just go read the d4mned forum and learn the anawry on your own. Just sift through the bs like the test of us.

12-25-08 04:26 AM
    I am very happy with .83 and like the extra free memory I seem to have available, which seems to help performance some. I don't use the camera, but do use Weatherbug, Talklock, Visual Voicemail, Viigo occasionally, etc. So I'm glad I upgraded. I did have to do a battery pull yesterday (stuck on VZW screen after my charge), but that was an exception.
    12-25-08 04:28 AM
    This was a stupid thread to bump all the info is out there. Instead of asking the community to dumb it down into one thread for you why not just go read the d4mned forum and learn the anawry on your own. Just sift through the bs like the test of us.

if your going to be an Arse about it, just don't post...

hate wannabe forum cops...
    12-25-08 04:33 AM
    What is so wrong with people asking questions on a discussion forum? If you don't want to answer then don't. I never understood that!
    12-25-08 09:20 AM
    I didn't notice much diff between .78 and .83 except a GPS bug (dunno if this also occurs on the 9530's or not)
    Last edited by delta_foxtrot2; 12-25-08 at 09:46 AM.
    12-25-08 09:40 AM
    I havent had the memory leak with .83 and I do prefer it over .76 which I also had no issues with
    12-25-08 11:20 AM
    Battery Life

.76<.83 very noticeable

Bugs

.76<.83 very noticeable, defaults to T9, Freezes and becomes unresponsive for nothing less than a battery pull at times.

Camera

.76<.83 sped up by another second or so.

Cam corder

.76=.83 same for me, not 100% by far for either, but tolerable.

Accelerometer

.83<.76 .75 was the fastest/ most responsive, .76 smoothest, .83 live able

.83, locked is locked, no switch to vibe in pocket, no 911 with phone password protected in pocket. Probably helping a lot with battery life.

.83 key rate buggy, when slowed down to not autoback out of internet, it dials each # in a phone call for a few seconds, annoying.

My .02 results
    12-25-08 11:42 AM
    I never required a batt pull until .83 and after having two or three a day I gave up and went back to .75 I do miss the screen lock and the camera did seem a little faster but I'm waiting for the official release. On the upside I'm getting the hang of OS updates and downgrades.
    12-25-08 12:08 PM
    I was at .83 for about 48 hours and then went back to .75. too many bugs in .83
    12-25-08 01:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD