I was trying to install the Hybrid version when the screen went grey and with some message like OS not present. Now the screen doesnt turn off and the red light flashes two time every 2-3 seconds.

If I connect the device to the PC, I get that USB sound where a device is initialized and thru BB Desktop Manager I get a PIN[NOT RECOGNIZED] message. When I try to update the device's firmware, a Communications Error is encountered every time.

Is there any way to recover the phone?
    05-13-09 03:26 PM
    Congrats, you've bricked your phone.

Not all that bad though, it can be recovered.

What I would do is pull the battery out for about 10 seconds and place it back in. Once you do that, plug in your phone and try to wipe your phone using JL Commander. It may take a few times for the computer to catch the phone at the right time to send the command to wipe it. Once your phone is wiped, the phone will restart and have error 523 reload software. You can also try this with crackutil, although I've never used it to recover a bricked phone. Last time I bricked my phone exactly as you have, I used JL commander to recover it.

At this point, go ahead and load the operating system using desktop manager. When you go to load your software, you can either use the application manager, or just use upgrade device software. Your PIN won't show up until you click to update your device software.

Hope this helps.
    05-13-09 03:48 PM
    Agree, it sounds like it is bricked. The following link will have more detail on fixing.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/n0...source-213706/
    05-13-09 05:30 PM
    Thanks for the suggestions-

I did try JL Cmdr but it just doesnt want to recognize that a phone is connected. With BootLoader, the device is recognized and it starts to write the OS onto it but about 5 seconds down the process the phone gets disconnected and then reconnected interrupting the procedure, giving a Comm error.

I shall further investigate the link and try JLC again
    05-13-09 11:51 PM
    Win7? USB power management disabled?
    05-14-09 10:19 AM
    Definite battery pull... most of the new users out there need to keep this crucial tip in their head...
    05-14-09 10:28 AM
    Isn't that flashing red light indicating a DEAD battery? Try charging it on the wall jack for a few hours, not on the USB. It might be the solid red light that indicates dead battery. It only happened to me once, but the phone wouldn't boot until it was charged. Mine was not a brick scenario or failed OS install.
    Nightamrex likes this.
    05-14-09 01:59 PM
    Good afternoon to all, I just register on this page so I ask all that read my problem try to guide me were to post my problem or feedback if this is not the way to do it. having said that I have 3 days trying to get my phone to start, here are the 2 problems that I am having: 1. I updated my os recently and the phone those not turn on and the light flashes twice and after I update the software it tells me "Unable to reconnect to the device during a multi-stage load operation." them I turn the phone on and just goes to the sand clock and them turns off and just starts to do the same thing over and over. ANY SUGGESTIONS thanks
    08-28-09 11:27 AM
    Check the links in my signature if you are stillhaving trouble starting up your berry.
    08-28-09 01:29 PM
    Thanks for the suggestions-

I did try JL Cmdr but it just doesnt want to recognize that a phone is connected. With BootLoader, the device is recognized and it starts to write the OS onto it but about 5 seconds down the process the phone gets disconnected and then reconnected interrupting the procedure, giving a Comm error.

I shall further investigate the link and try JLC again
    Hey did you resolve your problem?
    06-07-13 08:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD