Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
    Hi, I tried installing the new OS .328 and when I attempt it in desktop manager, I select it and then on the next screen it says "To enjoy the latest functionality from the selected BlackBerry(R) Device Software upgrade, you'll need an active BlackBerry(R) service subscription. Visit ww w.black berry.c om /service to learn more about BlackBerry services."

I am currently running 4.7.0.167 and yes I have searched the forum for answers but have found nothing Please help.

BTW the actual message doesn't have spaces between the link, its just this forum wouldn't allow me to post a link
    11-06-09 01:31 AM
    My advice, if you have downloaded the .exe from Verizon site use loader.exe.

Basically, download the .328 from Verizon Website.
    Delete 4.7.0.167 from your PC
    Install .328 on to PC
    Double click on loader.exe [on Vista - right click and run as administrator]

This should work.
    11-06-09 01:48 AM
    My advice, if you have downloaded the .exe from Verizon site use loader.exe.

Basically, download the .328 from Verizon Website.
    Delete 4.7.0.167 from your PC
    Install .328 on to PC
    Double click on loader.exe [on Vista - right click and run as administrator]

This should work.
    I haven't downloaded it from Verizon, it just appeared as an update in Desktop Manager. It's also available from the BB website. Do you have a link to the exe file?
    11-06-09 02:02 AM
    I haven't downloaded it from Verizon, it just appeared as an update in Desktop Manager. It's also available from the BB website. Do you have a link to the exe file?
    BlackBerry® Software Updates

or

http://www.berryosfiles.com/download.../5.0.0.328.zip
    11-06-09 02:33 AM
    Thanks I'll try it out
    11-06-09 03:13 AM
    I'm having some trouble, When I click on the loader, it just lists my 3rd party apps and nothing else
    11-06-09 11:56 PM
    Is there a vendor file? Did you right click the loader and choose run as admin? Other OSs installed on the comp?

Check my instructions out.
    11-07-09 12:39 AM
    Is there a vendor file? Did you right click the loader and choose run as admin? Other OSs installed on the comp?
    Deleted vendor file, deleted other OSs, did shrink-a-os, did without shrink-a-os aswell. Done everything in Crackburgler's guide but still can't get it to work :\
    11-07-09 12:40 AM
    Deleted vendor file, deleted other OSs, did shrink-a-os, did without shrink-a-os aswell. Done everything in Crackburgler's guide but still can't get it to work :\
    What are you using to load the OS [DM or Loader.exe]?

Did you disconnect from the internet?
    11-07-09 12:47 AM

Loader

I did disconnect from the internet but only just before I was about to load the files. I'll try again with the net disconnected the whole way through
    11-07-09 12:51 AM
    Good. It sucks. Text input locks the unit up repeatedly requiring a batt pull.
    11-07-09 12:57 AM
    Good. It sucks. Text input locks the unit up repeatedly requiring a batt pull.
    Really? Damnit I thought they would have worked out the bugs seeing as this is an official release..
    11-07-09 12:58 AM

Re-did it with internet disconnected whole way through about 3 times and still same thing happens.. I'm starting to wonder if iPhone users have issues like this...
    11-07-09 01:55 AM
    Re-did it with internet disconnected whole way through about 3 times and still same thing happens.. I'm starting to wonder if iPhone users have issues like this...
    Here's a suggestion:

FIRST...backup your data AND your 3d Party applications (I personally uses BBSAK 1.7 to back up my apps with. You can use DM, and there are instructions listed in one of the forums on how to do so using the 'Switch devices' option in DM).

1) Make sure your Storm is not connected to your computer
    2) download the file from VZW (Link: BlackBerry® Software Updates)
    3) uninstall your previous version located on your computer using Control Panel (Programs/Features)
    4) Install the .328 software onto your computer.
    5) Using Loader.exe (not DM), you'll be asked to connect your phone. Windows will load the NEW BB drivers at this point.
    6) Just follow the prompts and you should be 'good to go' once everything is loaded.
    7) once your phone is operational, do a battery pull, and allow it to reboot.
    8) I'd also recommend doing the update your phone by dialing *228 and using option 2.

Good luck.
    11-07-09 07:35 PM
    Here's a suggestion:

FIRST...backup your data AND your 3d Party applications (I personally uses BBSAK 1.7 to back up my apps with. You can use DM, and there are instructions listed in one of the forums on how to do so using the 'Switch devices' option in DM).

1) Make sure your Storm is not connected to your computer
    2) download the file from VZW (Link: BlackBerry® Software Updates)
    3) uninstall your previous version located on your computer using Control Panel (Programs/Features)
    4) Install the .328 software onto your computer.
    5) Using Loader.exe (not DM), you'll be asked to connect your phone. Windows will load the NEW BB drivers at this point.
    6) Just follow the prompts and you should be 'good to go' once everything is loaded.
    7) once your phone is operational, do a battery pull, and allow it to reboot.
    8) I'd also recommend doing the update your phone by dialing *228 and using option 2.

Good luck.
    I have done these steps, however, when I boot up Loader.exe I CANNOT find the OS in that list.. I've installed the OS to my computer and I've also done all of your steps!

How do I add the OS to the list so I can then proceed with the install?
    02-02-10 11:31 PM
    I have done these steps, however, when I boot up Loader.exe I CANNOT find the OS in that list.. I've installed the OS to my computer and I've also done all of your steps!

How do I add the OS to the list so I can then proceed with the install?
    What OS are you on now? Maybe you have .328 already.

On your phone go to options>about. It will tell you what OS your on. Post back or pin me if you need more help.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-02-10 11:45 PM
    y not juz install the .419
    02-02-10 11:53 PM
    What OS are you on now? Maybe you have .328 already.

On your phone go to options>about. It will tell you what OS your on. Post back or pin me if you need more help.

Negative, I'm using v.4.7.0.148

I hate it because I had another Storm before and it had 5.0.0.328 and i got so used to the way the texts are and the flick scrolling.

When I open the loader, it tells me my pin, then i see a few third party apps... I can click "Add" button at the top but when i go to the folder where the 5.0 OS is installed, I can't install it because it's not in .alx format.

I don't know if I'm doing something wrong or what?

Thanks for the help BTW.
    02-03-10 04:03 PM
    Negative, I'm using v.4.7.0.148

I hate it because I had another Storm before and it had 5.0.0.328 and i got so used to the way the texts are and the flick scrolling.

When I open the loader, it tells me my pin, then i see a few third party apps... I can click "Add" button at the top but when i go to the folder where the 5.0 OS is installed, I can't install it because it's not in .alx format.

I don't know if I'm doing something wrong or what?

Thanks for the help BTW.
    Your best bet would be to download ...419 or the .451 hybrid. Delete any device software you have on your computer first. There are links here on CB if you search. They both got flick, and threaded SMS.

Also I downloaded the 5.0 version of desktop manager.
    Last edited by Mr One 2; 02-03-10 at 04:11 PM.
    02-03-10 04:08 PM
    Your best bet would be to download ...419 or the .451 hybrid. Delete any device software you have on your computer first. There are links here on CB if you search. They both got flick, and threaded SMS.

Also I downloaded the 5.0 version of desktop manager.
    I've tried this, I've tried different OS's... Nothing seems to work!!! -.-

I'm getting pretty desperate!! I really got used to flick scrolling and threaded SMS.

Any other ideas guys??

I don't know if this has anything to do with it, but the phone I have has a bad ESN. I just use it on a GSM Network.. Not Verizon.
    02-04-10 10:49 PM
    I've tried this, I've tried different OS's... Nothing seems to work!!! -.-

I'm getting pretty desperate!! I really got used to flick scrolling and threaded SMS.

Any other ideas guys??

I don't know if this has anything to do with it, but the phone I have has a bad ESN. I just use it on a GSM Network.. Not Verizon.
    If it has a bad ESN I'm pretty sure it is blacklisted by Verizon and definitely by rim. I think your out of luck. Hope you didn't pay too much for it!
    02-04-10 11:52 PM
    Just use BBsak to install the OS. It usually works when the other methods won't.

BlackBerry Swiss Army Knife (BBsak)

02-05-10 12:15 AM
    i have a problem installing os 5.0.0.328 on my verizon wireless storm 9530 where as i can install os 4.7 without any problems... the installation for os 5.0 gets interrupted stating error at multistage load process ... help ..!!!!!!!!!!
    07-03-12 02:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD