Hi all

I have posted elsewhere but have not gotten a solid reply or solution yet. I am about to call Verizon and have my insurance replace the phone.

.83 was causing all kinds of lock ups. I did four battery pulls today. I decided to down grade to .75 because that's what was working best for me. Every time I tried, the device would restart and DM would say accessing boot rom but it never progress from that screen. I've seriously waited an hour. I unplugged it. Yes I know. I got the fatal error. Since then I've tried over and over and over and over I get the same problem. So I tried JL CMDR and wiped the phone. Now I get the Reload 507 error which is OK I say I'll just reload the OS now.

Wrong - now it says that I still have currently the .75 software on there but I don't and every time I try to still downgrade it now gets stuck at uploading RAM image which I am waiting now for an hour plus for it to be "finished."

any ideas?

thank you

ps please keep the wise *** cracks to yourself like searching, because i searched and found nothing. thank you
    12-24-08 05:23 PM
    Have you tried downgrading to the version before .75? If the downgrade convinced your phone that it is .75 before actually making it .75 then downheading even further might help. If you got that, then you could upgrade from that to .75.

Good luck!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

12-24-08 05:39 PM
    yeah i tried that. same problem
    12-24-08 05:46 PM
    yeah i tried that. same problem
    Do not use DM
    1. Make sure .75 is loaded on the pc and .83 is removed through remove programs.
    2. Use apploader to install the os it is in c:\program files\common files\reasearch in motion\apploader\loader.exe

Follow the prompts and the OS should return
    12-24-08 05:49 PM
    1). Get CrackMem from my signature and install it. Run it and read the help file.

2). Make sure the OS is installed. CrackMem will tell you what is installed.

3).Follow the step-by-step in CrackMem's Help file to upgrade the phone.

I designed CrackMem to do just this.
    12-24-08 06:08 PM
    Merry Christmas Pete6......
    12-24-08 06:10 PM
    i tried app loader too, same problem

BUT BUT i just uninstalled all BB software from PC, reinstalled DM and .75 update from VZW site and it got passed the uploading RAM image but now it's at Loading System Software and seems to be stuck there. Hasnt been there a while. About how long should I wait before trying again?
    12-24-08 06:58 PM
    i tried app loader too, same problem

BUT BUT i just uninstalled all BB software from PC, reinstalled DM and .75 update from VZW site and it got passed the uploading RAM image but now it's at Loading System Software and seems to be stuck there. Hasnt been there a while. About how long should I wait before trying again?

Ended up cancelling DM and using app loader and while I took deep breaths it finally worked and I am posting from my phone right now. So if you have issues downgrading uninstall all blackberry software and the DM and then reinstall and download and install the desired OS and use app loader and in a few minutes all should be well

12-24-08 10:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD