After downloading BBSAK and with my device plugged in, my device is not being found by the program. What do I do next? I'm running Windows 7 and OS 5.0.0.1041. Thanx!
    03-11-11 03:59 AM
    Try right clicking on the BBSAK icon and choose "run as administrator".
    03-11-11 09:24 AM
    If that doesn't do it, Make sure you don't have Desktop Manager running. Both programs use the same two processes to connect to the device.

Clean reboot of the PC, make sure DM doesn't start on boot, fire up BBSAK, then connect the device.
    03-11-11 09:43 AM
    choose "run as administrator".
    03-21-11 04:42 AM
    If that doesn't do it, Make sure you don't have Desktop Manager running. Both programs use the same two processes to connect to the device.

Clean reboot of the PC, make sure DM doesn't start on boot, fire up BBSAK, then connect the device.
    However Desktop Manager must be installed on your PC and it must be able to connect to your phone. The Desktop Manager install provides drivers that BBSAK needs to work.

When running BBSAK do as Michael says and do not actually run Desktop Manager as that will just confuse the PC.
    03-21-11 04:46 AM
    Try right clicking on the BBSAK icon and choose "run as administrator".
    when I right-click on BBSAK, I don't see an option 'run as administrator". What's next?
    03-24-11 03:03 AM
    After downloading BBSAK and with my device plugged in, my device is not being found by the program. What do I do next? I'm running Windows 7 and OS 5.0.0.1041. Thanx!
    install the device manager that comes with your current os otherwise it won't recognise it
    03-30-11 08:29 AM
    install the device manager that comes with your current os otherwise it won't recognise it
    What does my device manager have to do with BBSAK recognizing my phone?
    04-01-11 01:53 PM
    I am having the same problem. I have DM installed and it works fine. I sync my device all the time.

I have tried uninstalling BBSAK and reinstalling to no avail.

It was working a few weeks ago, but when I went to backup my apps, I am getting this same error message and I can't get it to recognize my device.

Help!
    05-12-11 02:52 PM
    This happened to me too.. I charged my blackberry bold 9930 for about 2 hrs. After that it wont turn on, it just flashes this red light. I tried to wipe with BBSWAK wont recognize my bb, apploader, BB desktop manager stops installing the new os halfwafy and JLcmder, after typing blackberry to initiate wipe nothing happens.. please help me.. none of these worked.. Plus when my BB is connected to the PC and i removed the battery it shows a battery sign with an X. Please help me.. =(
    04-01-12 03:49 AM
    DM must be installed but not running for BBSAK to work. Check for running programs with Task Manager. End all RIM programs. Then try BBSAK.
    04-01-12 07:21 AM
    Mine recognised the new device (a replacement 8830), but it took about 10 minutes.
    09-09-16 12:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD