Is it just me or does the screen seems dimmer than with .75/.76??
    12-22-08 09:01 PM
    Yeah it does, but my battery life seems to have improved a tad. IMO it's a give/take that I'm fine with. It's still bright enough for me.
    12-22-08 09:02 PM
    Yes, this was done to preserve battery life.
    12-22-08 09:03 PM
    that's kinda cheating isn't it? that's like taking all the seats out you car, sure it'll save you some gas but who's gonna want to ride in it?
    12-22-08 09:07 PM
    that's kinda cheating isn't it? that's like taking all the seats out you car, sure it'll save you some gas but who's gonna want to ride in it?
    Exactly. They should just slow down the processor too, im sure battery life would be better. I hope this doesnt make it into the final release.
    12-22-08 09:20 PM
    For me, once I turned off the auto-dim option and rebooted the phone, it was back to where it was before.

While I could still see everything just fine, it gave the whites a kind of dingy feel.
    12-22-08 09:40 PM
    Exactly. They should just slow down the processor too, im sure battery life would be better. I hope this doesnt make it into the final release.
    If anything they should work on developing a better battery instead of downgrading the capabilities on the phone. Lithium Ion or something.
    12-22-08 10:58 PM
    If anything they should work on developing a better battery instead of downgrading the capabilities on the phone. Lithium Ion or something.
    The Storm already comes with a Lithium Ion battery.
    12-22-08 11:30 PM
    I turned off the auto dim- pulled the battery. And it looks fine now- I showed it off today several times- and since 7am to now- 11:36pm I have over half a charge. Where before I couldn't go all day.
    12-22-08 11:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD