10-11-09 04:27 AM
43 12
tools
    Would love to see a leak in the next few mins. I'm bored and waiting on the Ohio State game at 3:30 so that would give me something to do till then.
    10-10-09 02:05 PM
    for me personally there is no bug in .230 that would make me go back to 4.7. that being said i cant wait for .288!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-10-09 02:57 PM
    for me personally there is no bug in .230 that would make me go back to 4.7. that being said i cant wait for .288!

**** yeah! I agree 10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 0000000000000%
    10-10-09 02:59 PM
    primitive= all ringtones stuck on loud, problems with screen rotating, viewing texts w/ kepboard gives smushed sms's, loud speakers when playing music, media player pauses, sms threaded starting in middle (when not using bbm)
    230 works the best out of any os for me

10-10-09 03:14 PM
    I had some issues with the first '.230 leak' that was a compilation of files into a loader with some .191 files... The latest 'full .230' works like a charm. With BBM 5 and some small adjustments to the volume and alerts areas it is very stable with minimal battery use and very solid memory. I was very fond of .151 but will not go back. There are too many good features that I cannot get with the 4.7 builds - and there are features of BBM 5 you cannot use unless you use a OS 5.

That is my 2 cents... about all I am worth
    10-10-09 03:38 PM
    After a week of almost constant frustration with .230 I went back to .167. 230 may be fine if all you're using it for is casual calls and for entertainment, but try using it for business. Imagine getting that important business call you've been waiting for, just to tell your client "Let me check my calendar", then having the screen go black or refuse to recover from an inadvertent rotation, and then have to say "I'll call you right back, I have to reset my phone so I can see my calendar", and when you call them back you only get their voicemail. Freaking annoying, and costly as well.

Also, having to have my personal Gmail mixed in with my business email, and to have to get a freaking alert every time I get another gmail, is beyond annoying. So you can add "lack of app compatibility" in there with the screen problems.

And yes, the sound IS a problem in .230. And not all of it was something that was easily dealt with. I had more than one video that was either too loud or totally muted at the next step down in volume. Looks kind of silly having to hold your earphones an inch away from your ears while listening to a video.

And there were more problems, those were just the most annoying. On my phone, 167 has been the most compatible, reliable and has annoyed me the least.
    10-10-09 03:47 PM
    I was on 230 but went back to ....167. The keyboard in portrait mode is way better on .167. That was a main reason for me..

10-10-09 06:33 PM
    The problem with the .230 sound is that the whatever mixer settings they used to boost vocal volume for speakerphone has WAY over-steered the speaker. So much so that at about 3.5 on the volume scale, certain frequencies become distorted while others are still too soft to hear. Higher volumes just add to the distortion.

I had issues attempting to answer calls if I accidentally touched the answer window on the screen instead of the hard button. If I touched the screen first, it would hang and even the green phone button wouldn't answer until I flipped the phone portrait>landscape>portrait again.

Malfunctioning screen from portrait to landscape mode when onscreen buttons were displayed was also a pain in the neck.

I also hated that I can't touch a phone number in an email in portrait mode and pull up the option to call that number. I had to go to landscape to do it. Perhaps this was just an individual issue, but annoying as heck.

And face it, the stock theme is BORING!

That's why I gave up on .230 and rolled on back to .167
    10-10-09 06:51 PM
    the longer i have .230 the more i'm finding other issues, and the more annoying they're getting...i'll give it another week, and if i can't get a leak or get one of my friends to hook me up to the test build, then i'm going back to .148

i was on .113 and i had none of these issues!
    10-10-09 08:50 PM
    currently running 4.7.0.151 (still think it is virtually perfect for 4.7 series)
    using NEW bbm 5.0 (official)

while im SALIVATING for the 5.0 goods....just cant leave the stable/perfect .151 for an os that has primitive issues.

hoping new 5.0 comes out soon!!!!!!!!!! or i may be tempted
    Nothing wrong with .230
    10-10-09 09:39 PM
    there's lots wrong with .230, it's a matter of your tolerance or "blind eye" to the issues...

they're very well documented...i even have a few extra ones that haven't been documented yet...but i'll give it one more week. if i can't get .288 by next friday i'm loading .148 again.
    10-10-09 09:43 PM
    So what exactly is wrong with .230 patches?
    10-10-09 09:53 PM
    pandora is ****ed...it mutes every 5 minutes...at least once per song that i've experienced so far

screen dimming is getting ******* annoying too

screen freezing/going "half white/black"

phone decides to lag randomly...with no more apps open than what are "always open"....then doesn't un-freeze unless i tap the "end" key and change orientation of the screen...

couldn't delete call logs...they were gone in the messages>call logs, but still showed in the call history...

just a bunch of crap that is annoying...one more week either way...
    10-10-09 10:39 PM
    The problem with the .230 sound is that the whatever mixer settings they used to boost vocal volume for speakerphone has WAY over-steered the speaker. So much so that at about 3.5 on the volume scale, certain frequencies become distorted while others are still too soft to hear. Higher volumes just add to the distortion.

I had issues attempting to answer calls if I accidentally touched the answer window on the screen instead of the hard button. If I touched the screen first, it would hang and even the green phone button wouldn't answer until I flipped the phone portrait>landscape>portrait again.

Malfunctioning screen from portrait to landscape mode when onscreen buttons were displayed was also a pain in the neck.

I also hated that I can't touch a phone number in an email in portrait mode and pull up the option to call that number. I had to go to landscape to do it. Perhaps this was just an individual issue, but annoying as heck.

And face it, the stock theme is BORING!

That's why I gave up on .230 and rolled on back to .167
    so get a new one!
    10-11-09 12:16 AM
    pandora is ****ed...it mutes every 5 minutes...at least once per song that i've experienced so far

screen dimming is getting ******* annoying too

screen freezing/going "half white/black"

phone decides to lag randomly...with no more apps open than what are "always open"....then doesn't un-freeze unless i tap the "end" key and change orientation of the screen...

couldn't delete call logs...they were gone in the messages>call logs, but still showed in the call history...

just a bunch of crap that is annoying...one more week either way...
    I dont use pandora only slacker but it seems pandora needs an update as it has been foobared for several updates.

and ido get the screen glitch once and i while but can just rotate or change out the screen so its not a big deal.
    10-11-09 12:18 AM
    Am loving .230 but hoping a new leak is around the corner . Also would like to see some developers make there apps compatible now since 5.0 is around the corner

10-11-09 12:25 AM
    I have my legs double crossed as I need a leak so bad!
    Then just go find the nearest bathroom and you'll be good to go..

10-11-09 03:25 AM
    I am perfectly happy with 230 now that bbm and Facebook updated. My two main apps for the most part. The SMS opening at the top rather than newest message bugs me but not a deal breaker. Somebody above said they would go back to 148. That's just crazy man you will be miserable after 230 going back to that. At least go back to 167 if anything. 230 is the best OS to date imo and I'm looking forward to the next release and mostly for apps to be updated to 5.0.

10-11-09 04:27 AM
43 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD