10-11-09 03:27 AM
43 12
tools
    currently running 4.7.0.151 (still think it is virtually perfect for 4.7 series)
    using NEW bbm 5.0 (official)

while im SALIVATING for the 5.0 goods....just cant leave the stable/perfect .151 for an os that has primitive issues.

hoping new 5.0 comes out soon!!!!!!!!!! or i may be tempted
    10-10-09 10:54 AM
    What's a primitive issue? Os 5.0.0.230 is superior to 151

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-10-09 10:56 AM
    primitive= all ringtones stuck on loud, problems with screen rotating, viewing texts w/ kepboard gives smushed sms's, loud speakers when playing music, media player pauses, sms threaded starting in middle (when not using bbm)
    10-10-09 11:01 AM
    What's a primitive issue? Os 5.0.0.230 is superior to 151

FAR superior to .151. I've tried just about every OS they have put out for the Storm , including .151 (which is a very good, stable build) but it does not compare with .230

I don't get this thing where people are scared to "leave the security" of the OS that they are on. UPGRADE. It is not that hard to do an upgrade and, get this *sigh*, you can downgrade right back to where you were if you don't like it. Wow!!! Amazing! Really Batman?
    10-10-09 11:03 AM
    primitive= all ringtones stuck on loud, problems with screen rotating, viewing texts w/ kepboard gives smushed sms's, loud speakers when playing music, media player pauses, sms threaded starting in middle (when not using bbm)
    I can add scream dimming when in landscape mode. Flick screen issue. And most importantly inability to run a simple short cut to a web site that works fine in 4.7 but gets an error message in 5.0.230.

I'm anxious to see what .288 looks like. I'm hoping for the best.
    10-10-09 11:04 AM
    leak please

10-10-09 11:10 AM
    I've been dancing my Leak Dance for a week now.
    10-10-09 11:15 AM
    Hopefully soon..
    10-10-09 11:22 AM
    I have my legs double crossed as I need a leak so bad!
    10-10-09 11:22 AM
    Ringtones are not STUCK on loud. You can actually lower the volume, it really isn't that hard, but I guess for some it might be.
    As for the bunched up SMS, you still have to click on it to read or respond, so what's the big deal?
    Loud speakers again = TURN DOWN VOLUME
    Media player pauses, or mutes?=push pause then play or press mute button, simple fix
    10-10-09 11:24 AM
    .230 is an amazing build. But there are still many issues left on the phone.

I myself just went back to .167.
    10-10-09 11:26 AM
    Screen rotates just fine
    Ringtone volume level can be turned down, same for all other music apps
    SMS doesnt start in the middle, if you hide the keyboard the newest message is at the bottom.
    10-10-09 11:33 AM
    I don't get this thing where people are scared to "leave the security" of the OS that they are on. UPGRADE. It is not that hard to do an upgrade and, get this *sigh*, you can downgrade right back to where you were if you don't like it. Wow!!! Amazing! Really Batman?
    A lot of people did upgrade and went back. The 4.7's may not be as pretty as the 5.0's but even you admitted the lower OS's are stable. A lot of people want something that works and not something that just looks pretty. Currently the 5.0's have too many bugs that the 4.7's don't have. We may not have flick scroll but at least I can make a hands free bluetooth call if I need to. All of my apps work too. Some people just want something to show their iphone friends while PRETENDING all is ok with the OS when there are actually too many annoyances with it.

10-10-09 11:39 AM
    SMS doesnt start in the middle, if you hide the keyboard the newest message is at the bottom.
    Thats not true. If you have a long chat history, hiding the keyboard does NOT reveal the newest message.

The only other problems I encounter with .230 is calendar scroll is agenda view is glitchy and sometimes the screen formats to the wrong resolution (fixed by rotating phone). I do not have the loud ringer/speaker problem at all.
    10-10-09 11:41 AM
    A lot of people did upgrade and went back. The 4.7's may not be as pretty as the 5.0's but even you admitted the lower OS's are stable. A lot of people want something that works and not something that just looks pretty. Currently the 5.0's have too many bugs that the 4.7's don't have. We may not have flick scroll but at least I can make a hands free bluetooth call if I need to. All of my apps work too. Some people just want something to show their iphone friends while PRETENDING all is ok with the OS when there are actually too many annoyances with it.

Aside from a few little bugs (which every leaked OS has some form of bugs, even 151 and 167), this is the most stable OS that has come out to date. Yes, I did say that the lower OSs are stable, and that is true. 151 was very stable and was a very good OS but it doesn't compare with .230. If that were the case I would still be on a 4.7 build.

Also, I have no reason to PRETEND anything. The fact is that this build is the best and most stable OS to date, IMHO.
    10-10-09 11:43 AM
    Ringtones are not STUCK on loud. You can actually lower the volume, it really isn't that hard, but I guess for some it might be.
    As for the bunched up SMS, you still have to click on it to read or respond, so what's the big deal?
    Loud speakers again = TURN DOWN VOLUME
    Media player pauses, or mutes?=push pause then play or press mute button, simple fix
    Pressing mute with headphones in causes music to be played from speaker. Embarrassing if you're listening to something like miley cyrus or celine dion in a crowded, quiet setting. As such, my media player collection has been updated accordingly.

10-10-09 11:57 AM
    Pressing mute with headphones in causes music to be played from speaker. Embarrassing if you're listening to something like miley cyrus or celine dion in a crowded, quiet setting. As such, my media player collection has been updated accordingly.

Hahaahahahahaahahahah

What is embarrassing about the music you are listening to? I like The Climb by Miley and I like a lot of Celine Dion's music.

So then your fix will be to press pause and then play and it will work.
    10-10-09 12:18 PM
    Thats not true. If you have a long chat history, hiding the keyboard does NOT reveal the newest message.

The only other problems I encounter with .230 is calendar scroll is agenda view is glitchy and sometimes the screen formats to the wrong resolution (fixed by rotating phone). I do not have the loud ringer/speaker problem at all.
    I just checked 3 different ones on mine and the newest was always at the bottom.
    10-10-09 12:20 PM
    Hahaahahahahaahahahah

What is embarrassing about the music you are listening to? I like The Climb by Miley and I like a lot of Celine Dion's music.

So then your fix will be to press pause and then play and it will work.
    Wow, there went all my respect for you dude. Right out the door.
    10-10-09 12:21 PM
    currently running 4.7.0.151 (still think it is virtually perfect for 4.7 series)

while im SALIVATING for the 5.0 goods....just cant leave the stable/perfect .151 for an os that has primitive issues.

Your lost man 5.0.0.230 is the most superior yet. Since the 9500 5.0 device simulator came out. Nothing but more updates on top of updates are coming out for all of the popular apps. Pick it up man. Your missing out.
    10-10-09 12:21 PM
    Your lost man 5.0.0.230 is the most superior yet. Since the 9500 5.0 device simulator came out. Nothing but more updates on top of updates are coming out for all of the popular apps. Pick it up man. Your missing out.
    I'm sorry but I don't think you guys are getting the point.

It's not that .230 is a bad OS. It really isn't. I would have probably kept it over .151 actually. But IMHO it was really buggy.

We all run different OS for different reasons. You run whatever gives you the fuzzy warms.

Unless of course you're still running .75. Then medical attention may be necessary.
    10-10-09 12:26 PM
    I'm still on .140 and waiting impatiently... =)
    10-10-09 12:31 PM
    I'm still on .140 and waiting impatiently... =)
    Why? what does 140 have that 230 doesnt now?

Tabbed browsing is about all i can think of.
    10-10-09 12:37 PM

I suggest you checkout this thread before you choose to stick with .151

http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/5-...ements-332681/
    10-10-09 12:46 PM
    Wow, there went all my respect for you dude. Right out the door.

LOL. Oh well
    10-10-09 12:51 PM
43 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD