Is there a way to get the voicemail messages to appear on your phone faster? i'm not receiving them until like a day after they occur. I use the youmail plus application to receive voicemails, is there so something i should change about my phone or youmail account to receive messages faster?
    08-03-09 11:30 AM
    Go into options and select sync now. Also you can change the time it takes to sync under options. I think the default is like 7 minutes to sync. I changed it on mine to sync every 2 minutes...
    08-03-09 11:34 AM
    My dad is having the same problem as the OP, and am not seeing any of the setting described by the above poster under options...

What is weird though is my youmail is fine, and we both have identical settings (and are on the same network/plan). We also both have .151...any solutions?
    08-03-09 11:53 AM
    I have the icon on my home screen with the envelope and the little caption bubble above it with the youmail/vymail symbol on it and it says Vymail underneath it as the header. I click on it which is where you actually view your new messages. When i hit the BB button it brings up the menu and there it says options. Click on options and at the very bottom it says sync interval in mins and you can set it to sync with your new messages for however long or short you wish.
    08-03-09 12:04 PM
    I've been unable to connect to YouMail this morning and keep getting an error screen saying the site is down for maintenance.

I think YouMail is going to be in trouble since Google Voice is out of beta and widely available.

GV does everything YouMail does and more, and there's no charge for transcription, which is a premium service on YM.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-03-09 12:20 PM
    I have the icon on my home screen with the envelope and the little caption bubble above it with the youmail/vymail symbol on it and it says Vymail underneath it as the header. I click on it which is where you actually view your new messages. When i hit the BB button it brings up the menu and there it says options. Click on options and at the very bottom it says sync interval in mins and you can set it to sync with your new messages for however long or short you wish.
    I guess you are using VyMail...as Youmail has a "settings'' option, that's all though. It also doesn't have a sync option...

As for Google Voice, I just got an invite, but don't want to change my number...
    08-03-09 01:11 PM
    I ran into the same problem with the YouMail App and having it look at the server more than every 8mins(default)boosted the already dramatic battery drain I experienced after installing it.

I ended up setting a specific email account up on my phone (example brewtoneyoumail through the blackberry servers) and setting it to deliver an email with a mp3 attached to this address when I recieve a voice mail. select the mp3 file from the bottom of the message, click the blackberry key and choose to download. The message will then play in the phones media player.

I get all of my emails/voicemails in under a minute after the call, plus I can still manage my messages through the web without worrying about the app.

Just my .02 cents.
    08-03-09 01:13 PM
    IAs for Google Voice, I just got an invite, but don't want to change my number...
    You don't have to change your number. Although one of the hottest things about GV is the Grand Central feature, which simultaneously rings specified phones when you call the GV number. you don't have to use it.

You can just activate the "Do not distrub" function on GV, then forward your calls to your GV number just as you did with YouMail.

Replacing YouMail with Google Voice.

GV has a BlackBerry App that is similar to the YM app, but it also shows the transcription. (It's really cool to watch the transcription as you're playing back a message; the words turn red as they're being played back.)
    08-03-09 05:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD